[READ]Will not place objct for no apparent reason

Krahazik

[READ]Will not place objct for no apparent reason

Post by Krahazik »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PSC
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Random Placeable
- Issue: "Object could not be purchased, try again."
- Single- or Multiplayer: Multiplayer
- Steps to reproduce: Random, attempt to place an object down on otherwise perfectly flat and usable land you own where the icon for the object is glowing green
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no: yes, with and without mods

All indications are the object should be placeable, and the funds are available for the object. Instead of placing object, the game spits out the message
"Object could not be purchase, try again." with no explination as to why. I treat this as the game just rufusing to do what it should be doing without reason. Very frustrating.

If there is 'no reason' the object can not be purchased or placed, then it should just be placed, OR I should be given a specific actionable reason as to why it failed when all indications are green. I do not like contradictory information. I do not like being told all is good, and then told that nop i was lied to and ther eis a problem but all is still good at the same time.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Re: Will not place objct for no apparent reason

Post by Rahkiin »

Can you see if there are any errors in your log file? Regarding the 'unknown reason': this means we don't know the specific reason beforehand, and thus don't have texts for it.
Krahazik

Re: [READ]Will not place objct for no apparent reason

Post by Krahazik »

I do not have any logs from that day. At present I am unable to connect to my server to try and trigger it again.
Krahazik

Post by Krahazik »

Was able to get onto the server after restarting it. Just encountered the placement issue again at 08:26am PST, but when I checked my local game log, there was nothing there for that time period. The last log entry was from 15 min before when I joined the server. Posting the log file anyway.

Placement attempt was at 2019-01-27 08:25 -
log.txt
(51.65 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
206airmail

Post by 206airmail »

I've found a workaround to this problem if you are on PC. Edit the "ModName".xml file and make the changes below (obviously this only works for mods as editing the default game files will break MP)

Disclaimer: This disables leveling, clearing, and texture changing. So it will no longer conform the terrain to your mod (pre FS19 Style) And although I'm not sure what the clearing is for exactly, I'm assuming it is what clears out grass/bushes etc from under where your placing the mod. This will disable that so make sure you use the landscaping tool to paint those out before placing down you building. It also disables the mod changing the texture on the ground when it gets placed, so make sure you use the landscaping tool to paint down the texture you want before placing your mod.

Change the testSizeX and TestSizeZ numbers to 1 like they are here, and add hasColision="false" in at the end right before the "/>"

Code: Select all

<placement testSizeX="1" testSizeZ="1" sizeX="31.5" sizeZ="16" useRandomYRotation="false" useManualYRotation="true"  hasColision="false"/>
Then comment out the <clearAreas> section with <!-- and --> like below

<!--<clearAreas>
        <clearArea startNode="1|0" widthNode="1|0|0" heightNode="1|0|1"/>
</clearAreas>-->
And then do the same for the <leveling> section

<!--<leveling requireLeveling="true" maxSmoothDistance="10" maxSlope="75" maxEdgeAngle="30">
        <levelAreas>
            <levelArea startNode="1|0" widthNode="1|0|0" heightNode="1|0|1" groundType="asphalt"/>
        </levelAreas>
</leveling>-->
Problem is, even though the ground is level, it still wants to change the area under the mod to whatever texture is in the groundType="" perimeter and if you are to close to a wall or area it doesn't like for some reason it won't let you place it.
Make the changes above and you should be able to place stuff down almost anywhere.