[WONTFIX] Turning in bales own field counts as contract when under contract

Beastofwar

[WONTFIX] Turning in bales own field counts as contract when under contract

Post by Beastofwar »

When i was working under contract to mow grass at field i do not own and turn those into bales to be brought to the barn, the bales i produced ON MY OWN FIELD were counted as contract bales when i turned them in at the barn !! So i got no money for them !

Im unsure if this is really a "bug", it can be prevented if the player knows it, but it is for sure inintended behaviour.
Intel i5 3570K 3.40 GHZ (Quad Core)
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
1x 64GB SDD 1x 128 GB SDD 1x 1TB HDD
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
K Money

Re: Turning in bales own field counts as contract when under contract

Post by K Money »

In turn you can keep the excess bales produced from the contract too. I noticed this happening as well, mainly because I was being cheap and using a contract trailer instead of leasing one. It only does it if it’s the same material though, like if the contract is for silage, and you sell hay, you get paid not deducted from the contract
Platform; PC
Windows 7
szechla

Post by szechla »

you should treat the contract as an agreement to deliver X amount of stuff (grain, bales, whatever) to specified location
contract owner gives you access to the field where you can get it, and optinally lends you a tools to do it, but ultimately where you get is up to you
Beastofwar

Post by Beastofwar »

Yes well not a bug then, but certainly an unexpected feature. I expected to be paid for my silage bales from my own field so it was a bummer when it said "You delivered 25%" Now i have to get paid from bales that are leftover after the contract is forfilled i understand.

Does the situation never arise that you are not allowed to work on that field anymore after you finish the contract ? Otherwise in small contracts you would have not made money for that contract at all, after costs.
Intel i5 3570K 3.40 GHZ (Quad Core)
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
1x 64GB SDD 1x 128 GB SDD 1x 1TB HDD
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Turning in any contract fruit to the designated fill point will count towards the mission. This is also when transporting canola or something else.
But no worries: you'll be left with extra bales from the contract field which you can then sell instead.

Bales are not removed from contract fields. So you can still pick them up. Mow, bale, then transport.

I understand that it might not be totally expected but it was the most robust way to make this system.
Phigo

Re: [WONTFIX] Turning in bales own field counts as contract when under contract

Post by Phigo »

So if I get this right: I have a Silo full of everything and can finish a contract without even getting to that field? Don't know if that make any sense at all (from a financial Point of view) but it is good to know. At least that I won't try to sell anything at a sellpoint were I have an active Mission...
PS4 und PC
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

No you also need to have the whole field cut down :) And it also does not make sense financially.
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

Rahkiin wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:52 am No you also need to have the whole field cut down :) And it also does not make sense financially.
Ok - forgot about that part of the work... :lol:

But it would be a solution for somebodys Problem with the "99 % Mission-Problems" (as Long as that 1 % doesn't Count to the harvesting-part :lol: )
PS4 und PC
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Yep, especially in the coming update