[FS19] FPS drops with good PC specs

ensot

[FS19] FPS drops with good PC specs

Post by ensot »

I am having random fps drops even with quite decent PC specs for this game... My GPU never reaches 99% load it hovers around 50-70% load CPU load hovers around 25-35%. FPS drops occurs very randomly specially on Ravenport map but it also occurs on Felsbrunn map. In some places it drops to around 50-55fps (sometimes to 45). Changing settings does not make any difference just makes GPU load drop even lower but does not help with FPS. Every other game plays with no problem so I don't think that this is hardware issue.
My specs: i7 6700k, GTX 1070 Strix OC, 16GB ram.
Game settings: Very high with 8x MSAA, 100% scaling (I tried lowering MSAA to 4x, 2x, even off, doesn't make any difference)
CPU temp max 58c, GPU temp max 60c.
Like I said other games work just fine with no issues, clean installed win10 so no issues here either. FPS drops occurs not constantly but sometimes driving around the map (specially near the shop on Ravenport map)
Maybe devs can look this up and fix this with upcoming patch ? I would be very pleased with some answers... :confusednew:
Richard Dower

Re: [FS19] FPS drops with good PC specs

Post by Richard Dower »

The game is badly optimised...it's not your PC specs.
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

Agreed. Some advice I can offer is to not group your equipment in one place; spread it all over the map. Limit the number of bales that you have stored, and, if you need a lot, spread those out as well. You can also change the capacity of the baler (or download a modded baler that's already changed) to hold more so that you'll have fewer bales. Turning off traffic helped my FPS as well.

If you have animals, this mod:
https://www.modhoster.com/mods/animalsmanager
Will allow you to limit the number of critters in the pens which can help dramatically.
Playing on PC
Sodyaler

Post by Sodyaler »

Also try not to minimize the game. Anytime I minimize and then go back to the game, even if it says 60FPS I'll get 1-2 seconds of micro stutter at random intervals. Restarting the game is the only way to fix it
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

I was playing only on Ravenport so far, for over 110 hours. I can agree with people above me.
Alt tabbing makes your game run seemingly at solid 60 FPS all the time, but that micro stutter is pretty noticable(game does not feel smooth).
Ravenport feels like ghost city. There are only people on beach and traffic is pretty low. I had no issues with this.
Having multiple workers seems to drop FPS. Especially cultivating, plowing or drilling(direct seed option) tend to hit FPS. Having 2+ workers when one of the is doing one of three things mentioned in previous sentence will cause permanent drop under 60 FPS for me.
Heaviest part of Ravenport, is in town near the shop. Usually when I look to the left from shop(Port area) FPS will drop.
Also having multiple vehicles/equipment near each other will drop FPS, but that was same in FS17.
I saw people talking about Ground Response Mod from FS17, which is now implented in base game for FS19, being the main issue for Workers/Cultivating etc... FPS drops. I wish there was an option to turn it off, but tbh I never used that mod in FS17.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
p4r4d0xs

Post by p4r4d0xs »

Hey guys i wrote a guide for stable FPS, maybe you check my guide a write a feedback if it work :)

viewtopic.php?f=964&t=134561
| CPU; i7 3770K @4,4GHz | WC Heatkiller 3.0 Nickel Edition
| GPU; Inno3D GTX 980 @ 1536MHz | EK Block Acetal Nickel
| MB; Z77 Extreme 4
| RAM; G.Skill Sniper 2 x 8 GB @ 2400MHz CL11
| PSU; be quiet! Straight Power CM E9 80+ Gold 480W
| SSD OS;Samsung 830 256GB & Samsung 840 500GB
VideoDude
Former GIANTS employee

Post by VideoDude »

Hello ensot,
I'm not a developer, but I might be able to help you right now.
A user of the forum has found a way to optimize the game a little more. Namely about the Nvidia driver settings.
Here is his explanation in German:

So in his post you can download config settings. Then go to your Nvidia Settings and customize the FS19.exe like this:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 9056/1.PNG
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 1140/2.PNG
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 1141/3.PNG

Unfortunately, I can not show the settings in English, but the order should be the same.
An attempt is definitely worth it and I hope it brings something.

Best regards,
Lukas
ensot

Post by ensot »

Can we expect a fix from an upcoming patch release? Because I think that there are some many other players who don't want to go through all those settings. For myself I gonna try this fix and update you here.
Totalauk97

Post by Totalauk97 »

Arrancar88 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:34 pm
..Having multiple workers seems to drop FPS. Especially cultivating, plowing or drilling(direct seed option) tend to hit FPS. Having 2+ workers when one of the is doing one of three things mentioned in previous sentence will cause permanent drop under 60 FPS for me.
Heaviest part of Ravenport, is in town near the shop. Usually when I look to the left from shop(Port area) FPS will drop.
Also having multiple vehicles/equipment near each other will drop FPS, but that was same in FS17.
I saw people talking about Ground Response Mod from FS17, which is now implented in base game for FS19, being the main issue for Workers/Cultivating etc... FPS drops. I wish there was an option to turn it off, but tbh I never used that mod in FS17.
Hi.
This is exactly the same problem i have. It was same in FS17.
My computer spec is: I7-6700K, 32 Gb Memory, Nvidia GeForce 1080 GTX. And 500 Gb Ssd Main harddrive.
So I shouldn't have any issues with this game. And without any mods.
In FS17 i had to take out "Ground Response", it made the game worst.

I had hopes that FS19 would have cleared this issue. I feel sad that it is not better.
People who has much lower specs than mine, have no issues. I can't figure out why?
Maybe some people out there knows?

I have to be honest, and I do not like to be defeatist, but Iam on my way to give up FS19 because of the FPS drops. Iam infact playing a heavely modified FS15 "Landwehrkanal" By El cid. It has always been my favorit map, when I found out about this game back in FS15. And it works. I will ofcourse give FS19 some more shots, I have not given up completly. I will check back after some updates.
Yesteday I was so upset about FS19 that I checked out another game in the farming universe. Will probably check back when it is finished.
A user of the forum has found a way to optimize the game a little more. Namely about the Nvidia driver settings.
Here is his explanation in German:

So in his post you can download config settings. Then go to your Nvidia Settings and customize the FS19.exe like this:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 9056/1.PNG
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 1140/2.PNG
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 1141/3.PNG
I checked out instruction on how to make it better when you use your hardware Vsyn and all that
A good and nice instruction by the way. But it didn't help, when you have hired work on cultivating and drilling(direct seed option).
And Iam driving the combine,, near homestead, the FPS drops. I do not like to fiddel with those hardwares.
If it wasn't clear, i work in first person.
Thank you Lukas for the link to that thread.

Anyway. Long message. I just hope FS19 will be more optimized in one of the updates to come.

Kind regards