request for improvements

FarmingSimFan

request for improvements

Post by FarmingSimFan »

Dear Giants
First of all, I would like to congratulate you on the work you have done in this new Farming Simulator title. I follow the game from FS15 and just because I like it a lot, I decided to point out some imperfections that in my opinion should be corrected because unacceptable given the level of details now reached.
1) in many tractors (almost all) is not present, or is very badly done, the mechanical arm that brings the movement to the front wheels; also because in some tractors, especially for some introduced in FS19 are well done (john deere 6R, 7R, fendt 1000); I enclose example.
2) since you have inserted the hoses that connect the equipment to the tractors, I ask you to do it for everyone (tools, harvesting blades, trailers, etc.) and not just for new ones.

As for the various processing of the fields: in FS19 the lime question and the weed question have been added. I wonder why you have not foreseen the irrigation of the fields that is fundamental, otherwise how do the plants grow if you do not give them water?

I conclude this post by adding other file which show where there are errors in the choice of option of some tractors in the shop (wheels option for New Holland T7 e Deutz 9 series).

Hopeful that you can correct the points I have exposed and consider the question of irrigation of the fields, I thank the Giants for the work he does.
With best regards

Edit don_apple: moved from "General Discussion" to "Bug Reports" so that post will be visible to Giants QA.
Attachments

[The extension pdf has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

FarmingSimFan

Re: request for improvements

Post by FarmingSimFan »

Also the following means lack the animated arm that brings movement to the wheels:
- manitou telescopic;
- kramer telescopic (there are the arms, but they do not turn);
- strautmann vertimix (the transmission shaft is also missing);
- collect ROPA beets;
- MAN truck.
Sorry if they are punctilious, but they are too obvious flaws and ugly to see. I hope you can correct as soon as possible.
thanks Giants
SteelRodent

Post by SteelRodent »

If I'm not mistaken, then by "animated arm that brings movement to the wheels" you're talking about the transaxles, or rather the knuckles since most these axles themselves aren't visible (and it's hard to tell if a blank axle spin anyway). These are not present on any models that weren't made new for FS17 and 19 (or if they are present they're not animated), which means quite a lot of models that are still in FS19. Just like the plunger and other very visible parts of the older balers and other equipment were never animated and a lot of the suspension parts don't animate correctly (look at the A-arms on Fendt tractors and the coil-suspension on JCB), these are issues I would not expect to ever get corrected. All we can hope is that Giants will make newer models with all visible parts properly animated, like they've been doing with most things since the Kuhn DLC.

Same goes with the hoses. Currently we mostly only have the basic hydraulic hoses and everything is missing the electrical and air brake lines, though some of the mods have at least the electrical. Was surprised Giants bothered to edit all the old tractors for the hoses, but not surprised they didn't bother adding hoses to all the implements that are missing them (it's a lot of work, I get that, but that's why you don't rush a new game out every other year, but take the time to do it right).

But watering crops? Except for very specific/small areas of the world or specific crops (that aren't in the game), crops are not watered except during extreme drought. With properly prepared fields the crops we have in the game are normally perfectly capable of growing without needing extra water. The exception is of course the places like desert areas where nothing will grow without constant watering (thus the circular fields in midwest USA for instance). It just don't fit with the kind of farming we have in the game.
FarmingSimFan

Post by FarmingSimFan »

hi SteelRodent
as for the crops, I learned only after the post, which do not need to be irrigated, so I apologize for my "ignorance" in the matter.
Regarding the hoses, I understand that this is a new feature introduced in this new title. The only thing is that since the models were, I think, revised, an electric / hydraulic hose could add to all the equipment. But I believe that over time they will do it.
For the arms that bring movement to the wheels, I had inserted some sample pdfs but they removed them I do not know why. I think we're talking about the same thing as SteelRodent. I refer to the driveshaft plus the U-joint that carry the movement to the front wheels. You can not see the whole drive shaft but only one part plus the rotating joint. This system has been done well for: Case 1455, John Deere 6R, 7R, 8R, Fendt 900 and 1000. For everyone else either it does not exist right or, as you said, they are not animated. I repeat that FS19 is well done, has many news, will also have bugs, some things to fix, but this "lack", which was already from FS15, I want to continue to mark it because it is not possible that tractors or trucks or telescopes, at this level of detail, they have empty parts where they should be there, especially for visible parts and when you have a zoomed view.
I very much hope that the Giants will solve the lack of front driveshafts and visible parts of vehicles and equipment.
Thank you for discussing with me SteelRoden.
I invite others, if they find the question of the driveshafts missing at the front, to plead for the correction.