[WON'T FIX] Estancia Lapacho trees

cd_BE

[WON'T FIX] Estancia Lapacho trees

Post by cd_BE »

Not sure this is a bug or not, but it feels like a bug; I know there are some frustrations with the forestry in FS19 and I think I can place this bug in that category.

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PS4
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Trees on farm
- Issue: I wanted to do some landscaping and clear trees from my farm. But I could only cut the branches but not the trees themselves. Quite frustrating. I tried with the TR3200 and the RT3000 but the trees won't go down.
- Single- or Multiplayer: Single
- Steps to reproduce: Buy a chainsaw and try to cut down one of the trees in the picture above.
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no: It's on the mod/DLC map Estancia Lapacho I have mods installed.
Dezza69

Re: Estancia Lapacho trees

Post by Dezza69 »

Does look pretty cool though - wonder if they'll grow back bushier??
cd_BE

Post by cd_BE »

Yeah, It's a nice sight. I was wondering too if they grow back. I doubt it, but it would be cool.

But cutting down the trees is preferred :)
cd_BE

Post by cd_BE »

So no update on this "bug"?

Can we tag people? @x Lethian x appertenly not
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: [KNOWN ISSUE] Estancia Lapacho trees

Post by x Lethian x »

Reported it to the devs - thanks ;)
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: [KNOWN ISSUE] Estancia Lapacho trees

Post by x Lethian x »

Ok, this will be a won't fix case I'm afraid :( It was also impossible to do this in FS17 due to the big tree trunks (too big for the chainsaw) - it won't be changed in FS19.
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
cd_BE

Re: [WON'T FIX] Estancia Lapacho trees

Post by cd_BE »

Damn. I hope that in the next landscape update you can't remove big tree trunks. Because they really are in the way.
SteelRodent

Post by SteelRodent »

There is one alternative, and that is to load the mod files in the editor and delete the trees there. There are a few other trees on this map that are underground and impossible to remove with the current tools available.
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

SteelRodent wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:08 pm There is one alternative, and that is to load the mod files in the editor and delete the trees there. There are a few other trees on this map that are underground and impossible to remove with the current tools available.
The OP is on console and so he don't have this alternative.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
cd_BE

Post by cd_BE »

ltl.vamp wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:11 pm
SteelRodent wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:08 pm There is one alternative, and that is to load the mod files in the editor and delete the trees there. There are a few other trees on this map that are underground and impossible to remove with the current tools available.
Indeed. Not an option. I hope the 1.3 Patch will allow to delete big tree trunks.
In FS17 big tree trunks wasn't a problem, you had land to spare. But in FS19 you need to use every square meter to its maximum potential. And the landscaping tool on console isn't really handy.

They should fix this with a landscaping solution. Or they should replace the trees in a map update with trees you can cut down.
SteelRodent

Post by SteelRodent »

ltl.vamp wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:11 pm
I totally missed that. My bad.