[SOLVED] Tractor and baler disappears

Patrick73

[SOLVED] Tractor and baler disappears

Post by Patrick73 »

Been posted already but here goes

PS4
Vehicles...John Deere with Kuhn square baler and front loader following new holland t6 with lely hibiscus windrower
Issue..baler and tractor disappear after getting warning don’t drive to deep in water
Single player
Steps to reproduce...bale grass whilst following windrower
Mod map and std map
Note...grass was 100% fertilised
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: [KNOWN ISSUE] Tractor and baler disappears

Post by x Lethian x »

We are investigating this one hardcore. We have made a fix for "floating bales" and hope this will also affect and fix this issue in the upcoming patch 1.3. We have not reproduced it since and it seems to only be happening on console so we can't really get a log file from you guys. If anybody has found a die-hard way of reproduction as in start the game, do this, do that, issue happens EVERY TIME then PLEASE let me know.

It does not seem to matter what tractor you use, only the square bale presses are affected (has apparently happened with both basegame Kuhn press as well as the New Holland press). If you have had this happen on PC then please also check if you can make this happen in the 1.3 Beta patch - but it seems to be on console only.

Feel free to spread this message to the other posts as well - any help and information regarding this is very much appreciated.
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

^^ thanks! Something else I thought of was if the baler was completely empty,partly unloaded with an incomplete bale inside and with the baler having a bale ready to come off the back...mine was the later. I’d re attached the baler to continue baling and it crashed just after
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

What exactly do you mean by "crashing"? Does the game close or does your tractor/baler "vanish"? What platform was this on again?
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Sorry tractor disappeared with baler
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Just had this happen to me playing on PS4 on Field 2 on the Estancia Lapacho map. Went to make straw bales, and the second I drove onto the field to start collecting the straw, I got teleported back to the spawn point outside the farmhouse. My Tractor and Baler had completely disappeared, when I checked the map they were now showing as being in the middle of Field 3. I went to the field, but no sign of the Tractor or Baler. Think they must have glitched/teleported under the map. Only way I could fix it wand retrieve my tractor and baler was to reset them both to the shop, via the map menu and then go and collect them.

I wondered if this was because the Baler was partly filled with Grass, when I tried to collect Straw, as I couldn't unload the baler any further to remove that partial grass bale inside it. After resetting the baler to store, it was completely empty and when I returned to Field 2 it then collected the straw without issue. The only other weird thing I noticed was the partial grass bale was now floating above the area of Field 2 where I tried to start baling, but it had no collision properties so can't remove it.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Like this?

Ignorance is bliss
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Almost, in my case the Grass Bale is at a weird rotated angle and at a height slightly above that of the baler. Not causing any issues as such because thankfully it has no collision properties, so vehicles and importantly workers drive through it without issue. Just looks unsightly to have this random bale floating right at the start point of one of my main fields.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Raelik

Post by Raelik »

I’m getting this issue recently on XB1, only in the last couple of days though. It doesn’t matter the combo of tractor or baler for me it does however seem to happen when I start the bale not halfway through or whatever. It happened on Felsbrunn and also on Marwell Manor Farms mod map too.
Only had happened with grass baling and always leaves a floating bale (like said above) which doesn’t have collisions.
Also like said above it does teleport the tractor and baler together to another point which then they need to be reset as they cannot be entered.
I am as yet unable to typically recreate the bug at will but if I am I will post on here.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

We finally reproduced the issue! You need to definitely sell some bales at the barn before for this to happen. We are looking into the issue, thank you!
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Fix will happen with the next patch ;)