Seasons will not advance from (3)Autumn to (1)Winter on Oberkrebach Map,

Farmer_Will

Seasons will not advance from (3)Autumn to (1)Winter on Oberkrebach Map,

Post by Farmer_Will »

PC
Single Player
Oberkrebach Map with many mods.
I am playing as a single player on the FS19 Oberkrebach Map with Seasons enabled. The map and seasons mod worked normal until the transition from (3)Autumn to (1)Winter. It will not make this transition but try's to load (1)Spring at midnight, then the game freezes and I can't do anything. I have to enter the computer's Device Manager to close the game.
log.txt:
https://www.file-upload.net/en/download ... g.txt.html

Thank you for looking into this issue.

Edit don_apple: topic moved from ‚Bug Reports‘ to ‚ModHub Bug Reports‘ since this is about issues with mods from the ModHub and not the game itself.
Max©

Re: Seasons will not advance from (3)Autumn to (1)Winter on Oberkrebach Map,

Post by Max© »

As far as I know this map is not fully compatible or ready for seasons and still requires some work from the author of the map to make this compatible.
Eische

Post by Eische »

Besides many other errors in your log file, there is a LUA call stack related to seasons weather. Could be related to the map as the first entry is related to birch trees which might not supported completely?

1. clean up your mods folder by deleting all mods that have error entries in the log file.
2. only keep the map in the mods folder you are currently playing on
3. delete all mods that do one of the following:
- manipulating the growth (growth-manager)
- manipulating the animals (pig_breeding, cattle breeds)

Check, if the problem is gone, otherwise switch to one of the FS19 default maps as they are fully seasons ready.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Gav8080 on YouTube had this same problem playing Felsbrun it happened during a livestream. He removed all mods apart from seasons and it still happened I believe he overcame it by changing from 6 day to 3 day seasons.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Farmer_Will wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:40 pm PC
Single Player
Oberkrebach Map with many mods.
I am playing as a single player on the FS19 Oberkrebach Map with Seasons enabled. The map and seasons mod worked normal until the transition from (3)Autumn to (1)Winter. It will not make this transition but try's to load (1)Spring at midnight, then the game freezes and I can't do anything. I have to enter the computer's Device Manager to close the game.
log.txt:
https://www.file-upload.net/en/download ... g.txt.html

Thank you for looking into this issue.

Edit don_apple: topic moved from ‚Bug Reports‘ to ‚ModHub Bug Reports‘ since this is about issues with mods from the ModHub and not the game itself.
Hello,

Does this happen every time on that map? Also with a new save?

This bug is something I've been looking for for a long time but I can't find a consistent reproduction.
Gav8080

Post by Gav8080 »

norfolk farmer wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:19 am Gav8080 on YouTube had this same problem playing Felsbrun it happened during a livestream. He removed all mods apart from seasons and it still happened I believe he overcame it by changing from 6 day to 3 day seasons.
This was my livestream it happened in, I tried numerous fixes but each time the game tried to advance from mid spring to late spring it tried to go to early summer instead and would trigger an lua error relating to weather, game time would go round to 24:19 when trying to sleep then game would freeze. Could get into seasons menu and all other menus whilst frozen though, no weather data showing whatsoever. Tried putting it through night at 120x but had the same effect. Removed all script mods and any with errors and same result. Took every mod out other than Seasons and no change. When I took it down from 6 day to 3 day seasons it went straight over. I do have the log files on my PC from the stream, one with all mods in and one with just Seasons in if it’s any help. The livestream archive is also up on my channel of it happening so there is video showing it up until the point I gave up and carried on offline.
eschimmel

Post by eschimmel »

I am having the same issue on County Line (Seasons Ready). Will not advance to Early Autumn. Game freezes at 2:01am. Has anyone found a solution to this?
eschimmel

Post by eschimmel »

Never mind. Reduced the seasons to 3 days from 9 days and it rolled over to autumn. Switched back to 9 day seasons and no issues. I’m sure I’ll have to keep doing that every late summer until this is patched. Not sure if this is an issue with the Midwest GEO and compatibility with the map but that is the only thing I changed when I started a new game. Never had this issue before the update and adding GEO.
lonny

Post by lonny »

Rahkiin wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:10 pm Hello,

Does this happen every time on that map? Also with a new save?

This bug is something I've been looking for for a long time but I can't find a consistent reproduction.
At this point in the lifetime of FS19 and the Seasons mod, are you still investigating this, or has the Seasons code be completely rewritten for FS22?
The bug still exists (at least in the Playstation version). If have a save game, where it happens consistently, and I've found a consistently working workaround.

Summary
It happens never, if the savegame is the very first savegame loaded. It happens always, after quitting to the menu and reloading the savegame.

Assumption
There is a state transfer between savegames (not all "variables" are resetted, when a savegame is loaded).