follow me - some keybindings dont work.

anthu

follow me - some keybindings dont work.

Post by anthu » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:13 pm

Hey guys
Hey dekker.
Nice mod, i use follow me a long time, thinking since FS15.
With the new mod for FS19 i have problems with using the distance settings.
The right-shift/strg and W/S keys often dont work. I push them 10x or more times to set the distance between the tractors more or less.
A and D working normal.
I have no keybindings konflikt.

2. Can i see the actually Step distance (keyX)?

Lg
Andreas

Decker_MMIV

Re: follow me - some keybindings dont work.

Post by Decker_MMIV » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:32 pm

Hi amthn
anthu wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:13 pm
The right-shift/strg and W/S keys often dont work. I push them 10x or more times to set the distance between the tractors more or less.
I do not understand what you are describing.

You need to first activate the 'Follow Me'-feature when you are inside the vehicle, using the FollowMe: Toggle on/off action-keys, so it starts to look for another vehicle in front to follow.

Only when 'Follow Me' is activated for the vehicle, and it has found a 'leader', the 'white text' will be shown at the 'leader'-vehicle. Then you can change the distance-ahead/-behind distance and offset-left/-right, using the other action-keys.

Regards,
Decker_MMIV :this:

anthu

Post by anthu » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:47 am

Ok. I will describe it.
I activate follow me when i see a tractor in front of me.
Pressing rightstrg f.
Then i see a white text, with distance 20m.
When i press rightstrg a 1x i have a side offset from 0.5, next press 1,0,... works also with rightstrg d.
But when i press rightstrg w then i always have 20m distance between the tractors, i can press strg w many times and the distance is 20m always.
But sometimes the distance change to 15m...
Same when i press strg s, i must press this key many times to change one time the distance.
This issue have i also when i am in the first tractor and will chance the follower.
Right shift plus a or d, the side offset, works always, but i must press many times rightshift plus w or s to change the distance between the tractors.
I know how follow me works, i used it in FS15 and 17.
I have also no keybindng konflict.
Rightstrg WASD are only for Follow me.
(Left strg WASD i have set to courseplay).

Lg
Andreas

Decker_MMIV

Post by Decker_MMIV » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:55 am

anthu wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:47 am
But when i press rightstrg w then i always have 20m distance between the tractors, i can press strg w many times and the distance is 20m always.
But sometimes the distance change to 15m...
The only thing I can think of, which causes what you describe, would be that the press-and-release of W or S is not done quickly enough.

In my Follow Me script code, I have some functionality to activate one of two different outcomes from just one input-binding/action-key, depending on the player does either a 'quick-tap' or a 'long-hold' on the keyboard or button.

For Follow Me, this functionality only exist for affecting 'Distance', where:
- a 'quick-tap' will increase/decrease distance by 5 units.
- a 'long-hold' will increase/decrease distance by 1 unit, and will repeat when still holding-down the key.

It is unfortunately hard-coded in my script, that a 'quick-tap' must done in less than 150 milliseconds, between 'press' and 'release' of the button. - And a 'long-hold' will only be used after 500 milliseconds (and thereafter repeat every 250 millisecond).

Perhaps your usage of keyboard and buttons somehow passes the time threshold of 150 ms.

So try this, when you have activated Follow Me for a vehicle, and want to change the distance:
1) With your right hand, press and keep holding down the RIGHT-CTRL key (or the RIGHT-SHIFT key).
2) With your left hand, do a quick press and release of either the W or S key.

anthu

Post by anthu » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:06 am

Danke decker.
So it works.
Quickly pressing W or S is the solution for me.
Thanks.
Lg
Andreas

Pict

Post by Pict » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:36 am

Decker_MMIV wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:32 pm
Only when 'Follow Me' is activated for the vehicle, and it has found a 'leader', the 'white text' will be shown at the 'leader'-vehicle. Then you can change the distance-ahead/-behind distance and offset-left/-right, using the other action-keys.

Regards,
Decker_MMIV :this:
Hello,

1st, thanks for bringing this great mod to FS19, like many I have been looking forward to see it.

2nd, with regard to the "white text" you mentioned above, in your FS19 version this text remains on screen the whole time you have successfully engaged follow me, but in previous versions in FS15 & FS17, it was only on screen while the ctrl or shift keys were held down.

Would it be possible to revert to this older way, as having the text on screen all the time is not so good.

Thanks again