New Bartelshagen Update

Tex862

New Bartelshagen Update

Post by Tex862 »

I downloaded the update for the map on Xbox One and it appears there is no sell point for anything except manure and slurry now. My friends and I have put over 200 hours in this map and now it is functionally useless. The update also added trees in random spots and now most of our equipment can’t be used due to trees sticking through the middle of them. I realize all of this falls on the creator AtzeVR, but this is the only place I could find to report the issues.
BC144601

Re: New Bartelshagen Update

Post by BC144601 »

If you updated New Bartelshagen your old game save will not work with the new update.
NEW GAME SAVE REQUIRED.
Tex862

Post by Tex862 »

So we just lose the more than 200 hours that we’ve put into it? That doesn’t sound right at all. What’s your source for that?
ujjw201

Post by ujjw201 »

Unfortunately that can happen with map mods. It *censored* but that's the risk you take with using mods. I would just use money cheat i.e. Government Subsidy mod to help you get back to where you left off.
FS13(Xbox 360), FS15(Xbox 360 & PC), FS17(Xbox One & PC), FS19(Xbox One)
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Tex862 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:38 pm So we just lose the more than 200 hours that we’ve put into it? That doesn’t sound right at all. What’s your source for that?
The map change file would be a pretty good source:

Added traffic and parked cars.
Grass removed from the farmhouse.
Workshop doors enlarged.
The first field dimension of the fields revised (rounding, etc.).
Placeable building added from the basic game.
At the beginning of built farm silo, farmhouse, now the horse stable can be sold.
Some buildings have been removed or replaced.
New outlet for milk and eggs.
Added fertilizer and manure sale
Transport missions added to other objects.
New unpaved roads created.

The mod author has changed the maps mapDE_items.xml file, defaultitems.xml, defaultvehicles.xml, he's made many changes to file address in the map i3d file and mapDE.xml, so for all intents and purposes when you load this map up now your console or PC is seeing it as a new map. Old saved games will have links in their saved files for the old items.xml which is generated on first start of the map and won't read from the new files after the game has been created. This is why it's important whenever a map author updates a map, to start a new save, that way you get the new changes and fixes they have added and you don't end up breaking your old save file because items or objects are no longer included in the updated map.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*