GlobalCompany - Hay Dryer

EURO_FARMER

GlobalCompany - Hay Dryer

Post by EURO_FARMER »

Hi,

before I write the problem, I am wondering about the team that is responsible to test the mods how in earth they testing them? What tests they do? Have they actually play with that mod and see if there is an error in the log?

You cannot realize my surprise when this new mod which was just came into Modhub it was having a bug because NO ONE from the test team noticed that it needs update.

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

OK, Global Company updated into the newest version and this mod needs update because it gives a log error. The solution will be fixed by enable the Player Trigger ONLY for 20.

Here is what to do in order to fix the problem:

1. Unzip FS19_GlobalCompanyPlaceable_HayDrayer
2. Open HayDryer.13d with GE
3. Click the + next to hayloft
4. Look for Player Trigger, it should be there under mapPosition
5. Click on PlayTrigger and now in the Attributes window select the Rigid Body
6 . Look for Colision Mask and click on those three dots
7. CLick on Clear
8. Select the number 20 and then select OK.
9. Save the changes you made and zip it again.
10. Go to the game and now there is no log error.

I am not going to say to the mods test how to do their business, but I think they should be careful and always play with the mods before they upload them into Modhub, and if a mod needs update, then send it back to the author.

If they could be careful and not having the "first come first served " they would see that this mod needed to update for the newest Global Company version.
cwattyeso

Re: GlobalCompany - Hay Dryer

Post by cwattyeso »

Problem is with the Mod Testing Time and Queue, the Mod Author of this mod probably submitted it with the version of Global Company that was around at the time and he was unaware that Global Company would update their mod and break every mod dependent on it. I personally think the Global Company Update was a bad thing to do, as they did it to make it compatible with one mod, but break every mod that depends on Global Company. The smarter thing to have done would have been to contact the author of the one mod and see if they would change theirs to make it compatible with Global Company.

Giants also probably only test the mods with the requirements needed, so it's every possibility when they tested the Dryer they did so with the older version of the Global Company Mod. Though again I'd be skeptical as I have seen countless times, and countless mods released that clearly have not been Game Tested/ Play Tested in anyway by Giants. Despite the ModHub Guidelines available to modders showing what Giants are supposed to do depending on the type of mod submitted. I believe as many have commented before that all they do with mods these days is run them through a program which checks basic code and code format to ensure no glaring errors, they also check textures to make sure they are the correct size and format, and of course they check for any additional or custom scripts so as to flag up whether the mod is console compatible or not.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
EURO_FARMER

Re: GlobalCompany - Hay Dryer

Post by EURO_FARMER »

Maybe I sounded mad and upset, but not at all, my intentions were to "wake them up" :)

IMO only if they test the mods in actual play then they would upload them without errors.

Well, I am going to throw a ball to Giants ; since they are hiring, they should hire me as a Mod Tester, and I would play with the mods and be sure that everything works OK:)

I have no problem to learn German , and since we are European I can relocate in their country :)

:biggrin2: :biggrin2: