To Giants--the Seasons Geo's by adub are incorrect. EX.(Ohio)

burnsdg

Re: To Giants--the Seasons Geo's by adub are incorrect. EX.(Ohio)

Post by burnsdg »

ar1g3 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:31 pm Firstly, they don't check accuracy of the model and scripts, they just check if they work and if they don't cause errors.
Huge pet peeve of mine is there are so MANY miscategorized mods in the hub on console. In my opinion that's an "error" that Giants SHOULD be checking and not allowing into the live hub.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

burnsdg wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:01 pm Huge pet peeve of mine is there are so MANY miscategorized mods in the hub on console.
It's because when you submit a mod the person submitting it picks what category they go into. I agree though, there should be a better system for categorizing these. I think I've seen a couple geos in the maps section lol.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi there!
We will look into this and see what we can do and will investigate ;)

Regards
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Thanks. He has said he doesn't really know how to change the planting times. Pretty much his big problem is nothing should be planted in the middle of winter. Also some ground temps are really wrong like the Missouri geo has a 90 degree Fahrenheit ground temp in order to plant wheat.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:41 pm 90 degree Fahrenheit ground temp
Volcano Farming
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I actually wonder how many days of over 100 plus do you need to hit 90 ground temp.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
LS09God

Post by LS09God »

Turbojugend wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:46 pm
ar1g3 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:31 pm Firstly, they don't check accuracy of the model and scripts, they just check if they work and if they don't cause errors. So for this GEO, they're not checking whether the info is correct, just seeing if it corrupts the game or not.
So I can make my own California GEO where it snows year round, and that's okay provided it doesn't break the game?
That must be true, there is that USA GEO. With all year seeding, growing and harvesting everything. You've seen it most likely. That is excepted as is, so yeah....

Don't forget; mods are not checked on if they're real life accurate. They are checked for branding, scripting and function(breaking game or not).
They don't interfere with wat the mod maker wanted to do with that mod. If he/she wants to grow bunnies and then harvest them with the Bunny harvester he/she also made, he/she can....
Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
Corsair 32Gb DDR4 internal mem.
Sandisk 1Tb SSD as boot and game drive.
Samsung 1Tb hdd for general storage.
Gigabyte RTX2070 super graphics card.
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Logitech G27, G13. Saiteck HOTAS pro.
Razer BlackWidow Keyboard.
Fiber connection.
burnsdg

Post by burnsdg »

LS09God wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:40 am If he/she wants to grow bunnies and then harvest them with the Bunny harvester he/she also made, he/she can....
Oooo....bunny harvesting? Neato! ;)
burnsdg

Post by burnsdg »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:22 pm
burnsdg wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:01 pm Huge pet peeve of mine is there are so MANY miscategorized mods in the hub on console.
It's because when you submit a mod the person submitting it picks what category they go into.
Oh, I KNOW that. My point was in MY opinion if a mod is miscategorized by the mod submitter (for example, why would a map go in Misc, not Maps?), that's on Giants to require the submitter to correct before they pass it to live in the hub, OR just "own" the categories and revise before pushing. Looks like Leviathan was going to take a look.
LS09God

Post by LS09God »

burnsdg wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 5:11 am
FarmCatJenkins wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:22 pm
It's because when you submit a mod the person submitting it picks what category they go into.
Oh, I KNOW that. My point was in MY opinion if a mod is miscategorized by the mod submitter (for example, why would a map go in Misc, not Maps?), that's on Giants to require the submitter to correct before they pass it to live in the hub, OR just "own" the categories and revise before pushing. Looks like Leviathan was going to take a look.
I have to back you on this one. The choice of category by the mod maker is sometimes ridiculous. I have a bicycle in my sheds cat'. :hmm:
Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
Corsair 32Gb DDR4 internal mem.
Sandisk 1Tb SSD as boot and game drive.
Samsung 1Tb hdd for general storage.
Gigabyte RTX2070 super graphics card.
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Logitech G27, G13. Saiteck HOTAS pro.
Razer BlackWidow Keyboard.
Fiber connection.