Addon Straw Harvest - Known Issue and Fixes

Jeytav

Addon Straw Harvest - Known Issue and Fixes

Post by Jeytav »

Known Issues:
- baleGrab on crane takes multiple bales intersecting each other when multiple bales are in the trigger
- icons for straw/hay pellets are mixed up in selling prices overview

Known Modconflicts:
- Seasons, CCM...: mixed-up fruit types (snow to strawPellets) check post above
- Seasons: hay (dry/semiDry) swaths and bales can sometimes not be processed by the Premos. Public beta in development. For now, empty Premos save and restart.
- Baler Addon: Balers of SH can not be filled with netting/yarn, bales cannot be ejected
- automatic roundbale ejection:
- variableBaleCapacity and Premos Bale Shredder:

FAQ:
- CoursePlay support? We are in contact with them, they are working on it.

Number of available heightTypes exceeded? Here´s a tutorial of how you can add more to a map: viewtopic.php?f=895&t=155894&p=1214604#p1214604

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:flag_gb: The order of saving height types (fruit types) sadly isn't guaranteed by the game, so loading on an existing savegame might result into swapped fill types on the ground.
However this is no issue when you load the mods (e.g. Seasons and Straw Harvest) on a new save game.

To be clear it happens to ANY mod that registers new height types on existing saves. BUT this is not an issue that is caused by those mods.

To solve:
1) Remove all non-standard height types (heaps) that are on the ground (snow, salt.. whatever mods you have.). After that activate SH, then it should be all fine.
2) Remap the tipTypeMappings in the densityMapHeight.xml of your savegame. (set the correct index on the fill types like it was before).
NOTE: this will only work once, when you re-enter the game first clear or process the heaps you have and after that you can save and restart your savegame with the new mods (e.g. SH)
3) Or as mentioned in the support channel, you can delete the terrainDetailHeight_density.gdm of your savegame.
But be CAREFUL, this will delete all content in the silos or other heaps. We are not responsible of your loss!

The bug has been forwarded to Giants and will be on the list of fixes for the next game.

Note: this issue is not necessary bound to the max allowed height types.

:flag_de: Die Reihenfolge der gespeicherten HeightTypes (Früchte) ist im Spiel leider nicht garantiert. Aus diesem Grund kann es bei existierenden Savegames zu vertauschten Fruchtarten auf dem Boden kommen. Beim einem neuen Savegame gibt es keine Probleme beim Laden der Mods (z.B. Seasons oder Strohbergung).

Dieses Verhalten passiert mit JEDEM Mod, der neue heithTypes bei bestehenden Savegames registriert, dieser Fehler wird nicht von den jeweiligen Mods produziert.

Lösung:
1) Entferne alle nicht Standardfrüchte in Form von Haufen auf der Karte (Schnee, Salz….). Nun aktiviere Strohbergung, es wenn alle Fruchthaufen entfernt wurden, funktioniert nun alles wie es soll.
2) Remap die tipTypeMappings in der densityMapHeight.xml von deinem Savegame. (jeweils den korrekten Index setzen wie es zuvor war). HINWEIS: Dieses Vorgehen funktioniert nur temporär, wenn das Spiel beim nächsten Mal betreten wird, sind die fruitTypes wieder vertrauscht, also vor einem Neustart des Spiels müssen wie in 1) alle Haufen von nicht Standartfrüchten entfernt werden.
3) Die Datei teerrainDetailHeight_density.gdm in deinem Savegame löschen. ACHTUNG: das hat zur Folge, dass alle Haufen inklusive Mais in den Fahrsilos gelöscht werden, wir sind für den Verlust der Früchte nicht verantwortlich zu machen.

Der „Bug“ wurde an Giants weitergegeben und wird zur nächsten LS-Version gefixed sein.

Note: dieser Fehler ist nicht zwangsweise von der Erlaubten Anzahl an heightTypes gekoppelt

If you want more direct support you can join Creative Mesh's Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/H5KmUy9

*Will update thread as needed*
timmythegeek

Re: Addon Straw Harvest - Known Issue and Fixes

Post by timmythegeek »

log.txt
(9.88 KiB) Downloaded 251 times
not sure but I put my log on this also this is the 3rd attempt, not sure what is happening
kosynierpl

Post by kosynierpl »

Hi guys
I can confirm the following issues and i would like to suggest that price for pellet in bags schould be higher than pellets which can be sold direct from wagon becouse thats how it work in real life also producing pellet in bags takes little bit more time.
btw great mod :) thank you

best regads
Macton86

Post by Macton86 »

Having an issue where the finished pallets are "falling" down through end of conveyor and cannot be picked up by anything. Have had to sell building in order to move pallet.
Lactic68

Post by Lactic68 »

Straw Harvest seems not working propertly with the new DLC map Alpine Farming
viewtopic.php?f=963&t=173120 (reported on PS4)
Lactic68

Post by Lactic68 »

Lactic68 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:25 pm Straw Harvest seems not working propertly with the new DLC map Alpine Farming
viewtopic.php?f=963&t=173120 (reported on PS4)
Is this issue solved or pending by Creative Mesh team ?
Warondar

Post by Warondar »

Ok, this is a fairly new major issue with the Straw Harvest Addon that I have never seen before. I can't say specifically if it's the last DLC or one of the patches, but now when I install the Pellet Hall Factory with Crane on any map, it works fine until I save the map, and reload it to play again.
The factory and crane vanish, but the hall itself, bunkers, and material remains. The hall is visible as I said, BUT with no collision now.
Just asking if anyone has had this issue recently on PC with ALL DLC's, so I can either diagnose the problem if it's on my end, or something related to the Addon itself.
MaxDiesel

Post by MaxDiesel »

Warondar, i have the same issue on xBox One on Fellsbrun. After save, i can see the hall but no collision. And indeed, no crane and pelletiser.
Even stranger, after loading a non-straw harvast savegame but Fellsbrun, the hall is right there. But it was never included in that specific savegame.
Colliding with several other objects, since the hall was never there in that savegame.
snklnk

Post by snklnk »

See the same issue, im on PC playing trough Steam, the Hall is there but nothing inside
Warondar

Post by Warondar »

Hey all,

Thanks MaxDiesel and snkInk for verifying that it wasn't just something going on with my game, and now I won't be using Straw Harvest Addon on any further maps or saves to avoid this problem. It really makes the mod unplayable, for now at least. Let's hope they're able to fix it sooner rather than later. Thanks again.
snklnk

Post by snklnk »

Its a problem with the Alpine DLC, if you disable the alpine DLC it works again.
Warondar

Post by Warondar »

snklnk wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:32 pm Its a problem with the Alpine DLC, if you disable the alpine DLC it works again.
Ah! Thanks for that info. I guess I'll wait until this gets fixed, since I really don't want to disable the Alpine DLC. Not sure if Creative Mesh can or even will update their addon, but guess we'll see.
Stumpy96

Post by Stumpy96 »

Warondar wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:22 pm
snklnk wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:32 pm Its a problem with the Alpine DLC, if you disable the alpine DLC it works again.
Ah! Thanks for that info. I guess I'll wait until this gets fixed, since I really don't want to disable the Alpine DLC. Not sure if Creative Mesh can or even will update their addon, but guess we'll see.
I've tried it with removing the alpine dlc and still no crane or palatizer. All pallets are there but there is no collision. When I start the game in a new save slot with only the straw harvest dlc I found the hall floating above the store.
aiden7690

Post by aiden7690 »

Posting to confirm I'm having the same issue described by Warondar and MaxDiesel. I'm playing on PS5.

Creating the broken shed (no crane/pellet machine and no collision) on any map is permanent.

I tried 3 maps: 2 mod maps, and Ravenport. I recreated the broken shed on a map. I've even uninstalled the straw harvest add-on, and the shed is still present in the same spot on any new game on those maps. At this point I think the only way I can fix it is to uninstall/reinstall the game.

Edit: Not sure if just restarting did it or deleting all saved data, but I did not need to reinstall to make the sheds go away.
Badfast94

Post by Badfast94 »

I have a problem. I place the storage with a crane and pellet machine it works fine but I save it the game then later on when I got in the game everything is gone