[Solved] Open Sheep Pasture mod by Foo Farmer not compatible with base game

angelrobinson

[Solved] Open Sheep Pasture mod by Foo Farmer not compatible with base game

Post by angelrobinson »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: XB1

- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Open Sheep Farm Mod

- Issue: The animal dialog only opens when you don't have any animals bought. Once you buy the trigger sometimes shows in the menu, but when pressing the trigger, it won't open the dialog box.

- Single- or Multiplayer: single

- Steps to reproduce:
NOTE: these are all non-seasons enabled maps....when testing with base seasons the mod worked as expected.
1.install mod Open Sheep Pasture by Foo Farmer
2. create farm on any map, in any mode with the mod installed (tested on Ravenport-new farm, Felsbrunn-new farmer, Flat Map - start from scratch )
3. buy and place the Open Sheep Pasture
4. buy one animal and close dialog box (either with a trailer or without one)
5. try to open animal dialog and watch the issue happen. (either with a trailer or without one)

- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no: Yes

- Which vehicles & machines are involved: When testing with machinery I Leased base Valtra S Series and Betimax RDS 7500

Edit Alagos: Moved to Modhub Bug Reports

Update: thanks FooFarmer for working with me on this. After some more testing, we were able to determine this issue was isolated to me and got it working.
Last edited by angelrobinson on Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
foofarmer

Re: Open Sheep Pasture mod by Foo Farmer not compatible with base game

Post by foofarmer »

Hi there.. sorry you're having issues with the sheep mod!

I couldn't reproduce the issue on PC or XBox using the steps you listed. I tried both Ravenport and Felsbrun new farm mode with sheep pasture as the only mod enabled. Purchased one sheep, closed the dialogue, and was able to re-open the dialogue and purchase more. I didn't try with a trailer, but from what you wrote, that shouldn't matter.

I can say that the trigger is set up like any other sheep mod - I'd be curious if you had my mod and another sheep mod side by side, if the other one would work and mine wouldn't.

I know quite a few people who are using it without issues, this is the first I've heard of this problem.

If you'd like me to work with you on it, I can be reached at Alien Jim's discord. (I don't know if posting a link here is allowed, but if you google "Alien Jim's discord" the top link will get you there).

-Foo
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Question for Foo Farmer:
Does the placement auto level the ground? Could the trigger be buried? Just trying to think of any possibilities. The description does say to recommend placing on level ground
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
angelrobinson

Post by angelrobinson »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:18 pm Question for Foo Farmer:
Does the placement auto level the ground? Could the trigger be buried? Just trying to think of any possibilities. The description does say to recommend placing on level ground
This is why I I use Flat Map for all my testing of mods to see if I like them, in case of any terrain issues.
foofarmer wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:20 pm I couldn't reproduce the issue on PC or XBox using the steps you listed. I tried both Ravenport and Felsbrun new farm mode with sheep pasture as the only mod enabled. Purchased one sheep, closed the dialogue, and was able to re-open the dialogue and purchase more. I didn't try with a trailer, but from what you wrote, that shouldn't matter.

I can say that the trigger is set up like any other sheep mod - I'd be curious if you had my mod and another sheep mod side by side, if the other one would work and mine wouldn't.
. . .

-Foo
Thanks for responding Farmer Foo,

I'm a programmer myself and know how frustrating it can be when you can't reproduce the issue. I will do some more testing and let you know either here or on your discord. Just for clarification, I am running the game on XBox.
foofarmer

Post by foofarmer »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:18 pm Question for Foo Farmer:
The placement doesn't auto level the ground, except right around the building. I did this in order to preserve the area it's placed on as much as possible, to try and keep it blending into where's placed for the open feel. The recommendation to place on level ground was a request from Giants during the certification process, the reason for which is that the navigation mesh is flat... if you put it on a big enough hill, the animals would disappear into the hill or float over the valley. They do handle navigating gentle inclines without a problem. But if you put them on a steep hill there are aesthetic problems. But yeah, that part in the description is purely for aesthetics.

As for the trigger, it's large and halfway in the area which is leveled. So it stays above ground. Good thought though :) And it can be hit the first time without issue, sounds like.
angelrobinson

Post by angelrobinson »

Thanks to Foo Farmer for being so approachable and working with me on this issue.

After some more testing, we were able to determine that this issue was isolated to me specifically and got it working correctly.
Samiller355169

Re: [Solved] Open Sheep Pasture mod by Foo Farmer not compatible with base game

Post by Samiller355169 »

I play farm simulator 19 and love it , I placed a open horse stable but the food stall will not take a hay bale and I don’t know how to get in touch to Foo Farmer the developer can you please help or let me know how to place the hay.
foofarmer

Re: [Solved] Open Sheep Pasture mod by Foo Farmer not compatible with base game

Post by foofarmer »

So I tested, and I didn't see any problem with the horse pasture accepting a hay bale anywhere around the feed trough. Tried on both xbox and PC.

You can find me on Discord as 'Foo Farmer' - usually on Alien Jim's server. Get in touch and I'll be happy to work with you on it.

Just to mention, there *is* an issue with the cow pasture accepting bales. Submitting an update for that one this weekend sometime.