Loki_79 bug report thread

loki_79

Loki_79 bug report thread

Post by loki_79 »

I created this thread to make it easier for people to report bugs or feature requests to me.

You can now download development versions and report specific bugs here: https://github.com/loki79uk

Either method is fine to contact me, as I have email alerts set up both on this thread and GitHub.

All feedback appreciated!
Last edited by loki_79 on Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:06 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Nonexxl

Re: Loki_79 bug report thread

Post by Nonexxl »

Hi Loki, first i want to thank you for the amazing job that are you doing. I do have a little problem with the mod Keyboard Steering - v1.0.0.0. I love the mod but what does bother me is the Steering is straighten to slowly for me. Could you tell me what values must i change in the LUA file that the Steering after a turning comes back a little faster ?
Thank you a lot and keep the good work.
Have a beatiful day.
Alex
loki_79

Post by loki_79 »

Nonexxl wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:20 am Hi Loki, first i want to thank you for the amazing job that are you doing. I do have a little problem with the mod Keyboard Steering - v1.0.0.0. I love the mod but what does bother me is the Steering is straighten to slowly for me. Could you tell me what values must i change in the LUA file that the Steering after a turning comes back a little faster ?
Thank you a lot and keep the good work.
Have a beatiful day.
Alex
Hi Alex. Thanks, I'm glad you approve. The steering back factor is defined in this line (KeyboardSteering.lua [40]):

Code: Select all

local setting = rotateBackSpeedSetting / 0.5
This code is directly from the original GIANTS function, but you can change to whatever you like. e.g. for double:

Code: Select all

local setting = rotateBackSpeedSetting * 4.0
You can make a coarse adjustment here and fine tune it using the game setting for 'Steering Back Speed'.

It is on my list of things to do to double the range for steering back speed in the game settings (0-200% instead of 0-100%). Hopefully that is possible, then I will try to include it in the next update.
Nonexxl

Post by Nonexxl »

Hello, thank you for the surprisingly quick reply. Like I said I love the mod, but you know the fine tuning. It has to be someone like me who is not 100% grateful :), now I am 150%. THANK YOU. I am happy with
"setting = rotateBackSpeedSetting / 0.35" .
tomy858

Post by tomy858 »

Hi loki_79
i have a bug with the "Realistic Cab View 1.1.1.0". When enter the John Deere 6250 R from Standart Game, the indoorcamera looks the wrong way.
i dont have seen this problem in other vehicles.
i really enjoy the mod hope you can fix it :)
loki_79

Post by loki_79 »

Hi, is it definitely the standard JD and not a mod? I tried just now with the 6250R and 6230R and both were facing forward correctly.

I do believe you though. Some mods are certainly rotated relative to the standard camera direction. I tried to test with a range of mods, but if you can send me any that are broken I can do my best to fix it - I think it will be an error of the trig functions in untested quadrants..

If it is the vanilla game version, can you pm me your discord or something and we can try to debug together?
tomy858 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:14 pm Hi loki_79
i have a bug with the "Realistic Cab View 1.1.1.0". When enter the John Deere 6250 R from Standart Game, the indoorcamera looks the wrong way.
i dont have seen this problem in other vehicles.
i really enjoy the mod hope you can fix it :)
tomy858

Post by tomy858 »

Sorry its my bad. I forgot about this. It is the standart JD actually but i used to change the indoorcam and connect them to the seat. I made seatcams to ever vehicle but the JD 6R i did something wrong. Now fixed it and works fine.
Thanks for you quick answer and sorry :blushnew:
loki_79

Post by loki_79 »

tomy858 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:14 pm Sorry its my bad. I forgot about this. It is the standart JD actually but i used to change the indoorcam and connect them to the seat. I made seatcams to ever vehicle but the JD 6R i did something wrong. Now fixed it and works fine.
Thanks for you quick answer and sorry :blushnew:
Could you send me the broken version that you made somehow? It sounds perfect for me to test potential errors. I have a good idea already of how to prevent the looking backwards problem in my mod, but no easy way to test for all possibilites.
MAC_FSSA

Post by MAC_FSSA »

Hello loki_79. After updating Realistic Cab View, there was a conflict with Universal Passenger. When switching the passenger's camera from the first person, the following error appears:

2020-10-19 12:43 dataS2/character/humans/player/player02.i3d (270.78 ms)
2020-10-19 12:44 Error: Running LUA method 'update'.
2020-10-19 12:44 dataS/scripts/vehicles/VehicleCamera.lua(630) : bad argument #1 to 'cos' (number expected, got nil)
loki_79

Post by loki_79 »

MAC_FSSA wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:52 am Hello loki_79. After updating Realistic Cab View, there was a conflict with Universal Passenger. When switching the passenger's camera from the first person, the following error appears:

2020-10-19 12:43 dataS2/character/humans/player/player02.i3d (270.78 ms)
2020-10-19 12:44 dataS/scripts/vehicles/VehicleCamera.lua(630) : bad argument #1 to 'cos' (number expected, got nil)
Hi, thanks for the report! I will investigate.
kikislany

Post by kikislany »

Hi loki_79, i have Realistic Cab View version 1.1.1.0 and have conflict with Universal Passenger too.

If I use indoor camera, console is spammed with

2020-10-24 13:31 Error: Running LUA method 'update'.
2020-10-24 13:31 D:/Traktor 2019/mods/FS19_RealisticCabView/CabView.lua:236: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'rotationOffset' (a nil value)

and if i turn indoor camera, then

2020-10-24 13:31 D:/Traktor 2019/mods/FS19_RealisticCabView/CabView.lua:153: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'rotationOffset' (a nil value)

hope this help with investigation of whats the problem.
loki_79

Post by loki_79 »

kikislany wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:36 pm Hi loki_79, i have Realistic Cab View version 1.1.1.0 and have conflict with Universal Passenger too.

If I use indoor camera, console is spammed with

2020-10-24 13:31 D:/Traktor 2019/mods/FS19_RealisticCabView/CabView.lua:236: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'rotationOffset' (a nil value)

and if i turn indoor camera, then

2020-10-24 13:31 D:/Traktor 2019/mods/FS19_RealisticCabView/CabView.lua:153: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'rotationOffset' (a nil value)

hope this help with investigation of whats the problem.
There is an update in testing now that I think has fixed the conflict with Universal Passenger.

I appreciate the feedback though. I can't fix a problem unless I know about it. :D
erwinsiuda

Post by erwinsiuda »

Hello Loki!
Thank you for your mod "Realistic cab View. It's great I have no issues with it I just wanted to contact you but after a period of time and load of obsicles because I am a new member in the forum I thought I'll just write here. I was looking for a bit more realism in a cab I and thought to open Editor and try to move indoorCamera into seat transform group and in .XML files, I changed node location of indoorCamera and guess what it worked camera moves with the seat I feel like I am really sitting on that seat I just don't have a clue how to make it global for all vehicles where the seat is dynamic and moves up and down.
I thought you're the person who knows this stuff and already started the realistic cab view mod and this could be an ultra-realistic cab view mod :D
orkim

Post by orkim »

Hi loki! Great mods!

I'm trying to use 'Realistic Cab View' 1.1.3.0 in conjunction with the 'Vehicle Control Addon' from mogli. I know this isn't your mod, but wondering if you might be able to provide some ideas on where to look.

It "mostly works" great. I just moved the 'shift' keybind in 'Realistic Cab View' to another key and all is well. I love the ability to lean, and also the 180 degree limit.

If you load both mods, when I use the 'Vehicle Control Addon' mod to 'glace' around the view messes up. For instance, right-shift + up-arrow key will swap the view from front/rear. Sometimes the other peek keys (right-shift + other arrow keys) will do the same and I return to a weird offset like I'm sitting in the passenger seat. Again, I know its not your mod but I would love to get these two working smoothly together.

Mogli's repo can be found at https://github.com/Mogli12/VehicleControlAddon

Happy to meet up on discord or something as well.

Thanks!

-orkim
loki_79

Post by loki_79 »

erwinsiuda wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:32 pm Hello Loki!
Thank you for your mod "Realistic cab View. It's great I have no issues with it I just wanted to contact you but after a period of time and load of obsicles because I am a new member in the forum I thought I'll just write here. I was looking for a bit more realism in a cab I and thought to open Editor and try to move indoorCamera into seat transform group and in .XML files, I changed node location of indoorCamera and guess what it worked camera moves with the seat I feel like I am really sitting on that seat I just don't have a clue how to make it global for all vehicles where the seat is dynamic and moves up and down.
I thought you're the person who knows this stuff and already started the realistic cab view mod and this could be an ultra-realistic cab view mod :D
Thanks for the feedback. I will definitely look into this and could probably make it an option to turn on/off, e.g. in a cab view settings file.