CLAAS Xerion 3000 Saddle Trac from Smety

Lactic68

CLAAS Xerion 3000 Saddle Trac from Smety

Post by Lactic68 »

Hi Smety,

Thank you so much for this mod which should have been part of the CLAAS DLC.

Just one question, when using frontdock pump and Zunhammer rear tank, have you figured how to make the rear tank the real tank ? Despite your recent update, it seems that the tank is located in the frontdock pump which is a bit odd ...

Wopster has submitted an idea on his support discord https://discord.gg/QsheKk9 :
Key is to add those to the pumpMotor entry.

Code: Select all

isStandalone="true" useStandalonePumpText="false"
matty80

Re: CLAAS Xerion 3000 Saddle Trac from Smety

Post by matty80 »

Want to add a number of bugs i have found with the Claas Xerion 3000 SaddleTrac also and rather than a new thread with the same name though best to just add them here. I would like to say that despite some niggles, i really like this mod and i use these saddletracs extensively due to the versatility of them. They are well modelled machines!!

1. When using the rear weight configuration (located in the mounted implement position) it is still possible for the zunhammer tank and lizard TX118 additional tank t be mounted.

2. Narrow tyres are not set to be to be care wheels and damage crops.

3. It should not be possible to "turn on" the zunhammer liquid manure tank, there is no pump associated with the tank. This follows from @Lactic68's post above where the tank is not actually a tank and it should be.

4. Directly related to the above, if the AI is using a combination of trailered spreader with the pump and tank mounted also then all implements are turned on. The gf15e tank does not have a "turnoffifnotallowed" element in the xml and while maybe not the only cause, this contributes to during a collision the AI does not turn off the implements and empties the tanks. Additionally, causes on an empty tank when the player is spreading that the tank cannot be turned off unless detaching and reattaching.

5. The zunhammer nw250 pump has -14000 weight which means if it is sitting on the ground and the player "kicks it" it will disappear off the map. The pump should be setup as a transfer pump with 0 capacity and the weight set to a realistic value.

6. There is a physics issue which causes the saddletrac to "creep" or move forward if there is any attached implements or saddledtrailers. If parking, with these items attach the vehicle moves forwards. If detaching when parking then the vehicle remains in place. Not worked out what is causing this. Additionally, there is a shudder which occurs within the tractor with the tx118 additional tank fitted (cant be certain doesn't happen with gf15e slurry tank) but seems there is some interaction between implement and tractor collisions. May the the same or separate physics issues.

While on physics, the saddletrac should have a weight distribution to the front at about 63% to 37% (don't quote me on that) which allows for spreading the load of a saddledtrailer over the saddletrac chassis. But as fs19 doesn't deal with soil compaction or tractive slip then the 50:50 weight distribution is only me "nit-picking".

7. The schema location for mounted implements, such as the zunhammer gf15e tank and lizard TX118 additional tank should be up and slightly behind the tractor. and and saddled trailer or trailer or trailerlow or rear 3p should show at the normal lower rear schema location. Such as follows:

<!-- saddletrac_zunhammer / saddletrac
<schema position="0.6 0.6" rotation="0" invertX="false"/>

<!-- trailer / trailerLow / trailerSaddled / etc -->
<schema position="1 0" rotation="0" invertX="false" />
8. The joint type used for saddled trailers should not be the same as semi trailers. It should not be possible to connect trailers intended for use solely with xerion tractors rear K110 hitch to be then connected to a truck or dolly. I would propose that the trailerSemi joint type be removed and replaced with a similar or same type as used by GIANTS for the Claas DLC. Noting with this though that the xerion tractors have shorter distances between the cab and the k110 ball so an alternative/combined use of a trailerSaddledShort or alternatively trailerSaddledLong.

<!-- GIANTS uses the following for the Claas Xerion 4000/5000 in their DLC -->
<jointType name="trailerSaddled"/>

<!-- Suggestion for the 3000 series "xerion_tracvc.xml" (and remove "semitrailer" joint type)-->
<jointType name="trailerSaddledShort"/> 

<!-- Suggestion for the 3000 series "xerion_saddletrac.xml" (and remove "semitrailer" joint type)-->
<jointType name="trailerSaddledTrac"/> 
This would then follow for the SG28 and TGX slurry spreaders (also by Smety) where the long gooseneck configuration for the SG28 would be compatible for all the above joint types, but the short gooseneck configuration would only be compatible with trailerSaddled and trailerSaddledShort. Similarly for the TGX, this would only be compatible with the trailerSaddledTrac joint type due to clearance with the cab. In all cases none should connect to a semitrailer joint type.

I'd like to further suggest the addition of twin narrow care wheels as a configuration option. The GIANTS Claas DLC for the Xerion 5000 has care wheels set for both narrow and twin narrow configurations and i see no reason why it should not be the same for the saddletrac.

I can't think of anything else at the moment, but as i said, i use this tractor extensively in my PS4 and PC farms. And will continue to do so!! But if i come across anything else i'll add to this list.