[FS19] - Ravensberg 1.5.3.0 support- and discussions-thread

Dawie_T

Re: [FS19] - Ravensberg 1.4.0.0 support- and discussions-thread

Post by Dawie_T »

TopAce888 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:27 pm
soccerhate wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:27 pm
Dawie_T wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:28 pm @TopAce888

Love the map, but I'm having an issue with the compost silo on version 1.4.0.0. As soon as I try to add straw to the silo it is turned into potatoes, and I can no longer add any straw to the silo
On that note: have been dumping hay into the compost clamp, it's not compacted - wip, so to say - so it's still registering as hay. However, does that mean I potentially need other clamps for other heap types?

Apart from that, having invested 120+ hours into the map post update 1.3 and through 1.4, I noticed a few things:

1. The transport missions originating in Supermarkt Langenheide disappear immediately after acceptance, thus can't be done, really)

2. Fields 22, 27, 26 and some others flip back to 'needs ploughing' after being ploughed and then having changed status to sown.

3. Still hoping to get an answer to the question whether transport missions originating or ending in settlement lots, like Ravensberg, Osninghausen etc., still trigger when the lot is purchased.

Playing on PS4, factories version.
1. I will have a look at this. I know, this worked before.

2. This is a problem I have heard about since v1 of Ravensberg, but I don't know what exactly is causing it. There is some kind of counter for each field type that changes the field status. It may be that the counter has expired, but the mission is not deleted from the list. After accepting, you cannot complete the mission and the field immediately goes to the next state.

3. I dont know, but I will test it and give you an answer.

Dawie_T wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:28 pm @TopAce888

Love the map, but I'm having an issue with the compost silo on version 1.4.0.0. As soon as I try to add straw to the silo it is turned into potatoes, and I can no longer add any straw to the silo
I registered hay as fill type in the silo, but forgot to do it on the PC version. There, it is still potato as fill type. Its a characteristic of the game that the silos have one particular fill type for compacting (like chaff for the silage bunker silos). If you cant add straw any longer, I would say the silo is full.

EURO_FARMER wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:23 am @TopAce888

Hey mate, I found a small mistake :
The field with Field Grass which is located next to the station closer to field 8, before the update was a Clover field. So far so good, but it seems there is an invisible fence because every time I tried to harvest the Field Grass, there was an invisible obstacle.
I opened the map with GE and I found the invisible fence with ID 62607.

Looks like you added a new fence there, but you forgot to delete the old one :)
Please don't think I am blaming you for anything, not at all. We are humans and mistakes happens. I am pretty sure you will fix the problem with the next update. *thumbsup*
No, I did not really add a new fence, but i moved the old one a bit. Before, I made a copy of the old one and hid it, afterwards I forgot to delete the copy. :blushnew:
The silo wasn't full (only had 4000l). The issue was that it wouldn't accept a different filltype from the potatoes (similar to soccerhate's question on mixing filltypes). But I just saw on a much earlier question that compost doesn't register with precision farming - so I may give up on composting as an avenue for field work for now anyway.
soccerhate

Post by soccerhate »

Dawie_T wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:37 pm The silo wasn't full (only had 4000l). The issue was that it wouldn't accept a different filltype from the potatoes (similar to soccerhate's question on mixing filltypes). But I just saw on a much earlier question that compost doesn't register with precision farming - so I may give up on composting as an avenue for field work for now anyway.
I actually think that was addressed in the latest update - haven't tried it, though: this playthrough is PF-free for me ;)
TopAce888

Post by TopAce888 »

soccerhate wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:30 pm
TopAce888 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:27 pm 2. This is a problem I have heard about since v1 of Ravensberg, but I don't know what exactly is causing it. There is some kind of counter for each field type that changes the field status. It may be that the counter has expired, but the mission is not deleted from the list. After accepting, you cannot complete the mission and the field immediately goes to the next state.
Just to be clear: I am perfectly able to accomplish each and every field mission, but even if I first plowed and then seeded the field, it shows as needing to be plowed again - i.e. in the red on the soil composition tab)

Thanks for all the answers!
So it has nothing to do with the field missions?

Dawie_T wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:37 pm [...]
The silo wasn't full (only had 4000l). The issue was that it wouldn't accept a different filltype from the potatoes (similar to soccerhate's question on mixing filltypes). But I just saw on a much earlier question that compost doesn't register with precision farming - so I may give up on composting as an avenue for field work for now anyway.
Compost is perfectly registered as new fill type, but PF doesnt recognise compost for fertilization. Do you get any message when you try putting straw into the silo?

soccerhate wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:27 pm [...]
On that note: have been dumping hay into the compost clamp, it's not compacted - wip, so to say - so it's still registering as hay. However, does that mean I potentially need other clamps for other heap types?
[...]
You need to cover the silo in order to get compost.
Meine LS22-Mods
Neu-Minibrunn Support Thread

Mein fraenkforfriends-Code für kostenlos 2GB zusätzlich für dich und mich: OLIW68
soccerhate

Post by soccerhate »

TopAce888 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:43 pm
soccerhate wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:30 pm
TopAce888 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:27 pm 2. This is a problem I have heard about since v1 of Ravensberg, but I don't know what exactly is causing it. There is some kind of counter for each field type that changes the field status. It may be that the counter has expired, but the mission is not deleted from the list. After accepting, you cannot complete the mission and the field immediately goes to the next state.
Just to be clear: I am perfectly able to accomplish each and every field mission, but even if I first plowed and then seeded the field, it shows as needing to be plowed again - i.e. in the red on the soil composition tab)

Thanks for all the answers!
So it has nothing to do with the field missions?
Sorry, TopAce888, it does in that it spawns illogical plow missions start of every cycle on that particular field. Example: Field 22 needs plowing, so it triggers the mission. I plow. It then asks for sowing of some soy. Good and done. And now, in soil composition it shows as growing AND in need of plowing again. Which doesn't hamper me in any way - just plow instead of cultivate, but it sure shouldn't do that :) Am I making sense?
soccerhate

Post by soccerhate »

soccerhate wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:27 pm [...]
[...]
You need to cover the silo in order to get compost.
Oh, that I understand, thanks)
Dawie_T

Post by Dawie_T »

Dawie_T wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:37 pm [...]
Compost is perfectly registered as new fill type, but PF doesnt recognise compost for fertilization. Do you get any message when you try putting straw into the silo?
I get the default 'This action cannot be performed here' popup which appears when I try to add any extra fill to the silo
soccerhate

Post by soccerhate »

TopAce888 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:27 pm
I registered hay as fill type in the silo, but forgot to do it on the PC version. There, it is still potato as fill type. Its a characteristic of the game that the silos have one particular fill type for compacting (like chaff for the silage bunker silos). If you cant add straw any longer, I would say the silo is full.
I do realize you're gonna hate me after so many messages here, but please dude hear me out!))))

Something didn't quite rhyme to me regarding this argument above, and then I thought: 'Hold on! It's chaff OR GRASS you can dump into a regular clamp, and THEN that converts it to chaff!'

Is it possible to seek a similar solution for compost, you think?
TopAce888

Post by TopAce888 »

It is working that way. Dumping something into the compost silo turns it into hay (or potato on PC). After compacting (which goes really fast), covering the silo and fermenting for 24h you get compost.

The following is accepted:
WHEAT BARLEY OAT CANOLA SUNFLOWER SOYBEAN MAIZE POTATO SUGARBEET MANURE SEEDS FORAGE FORAGE_MIXING CHAFF WOODCHIPS SILAGE STRAW GRASS_WINDROW DRYGRASS_WINDROW SUGARCANE PIGFOOD FIELD_GRASS CARROT and on PC ONION.
Meine LS22-Mods

Mein fraenkforfriends-Code für kostenlos 2GB zusätzlich für dich und mich: OLIW68
soccerhate

Post by soccerhate »

Oh, good! I misunderstood you then! Cool! Thanks a ton!
TopAce888

Post by TopAce888 »

The problem is that with the standard configuration only chaff allows smoothing. Thats why potatoes are hard like steel and hay is soft as...hay. I can enable smoothing for any other type but that activates it on fields as well, e.g. hay is flattened if you drive over it and the swath is destroyed. So, I think the best way is to enable chaff as compacting fill type as well but to mark the silos visible as compost and silage silos.
Meine LS22-Mods

SMB

Post by SMB »

TopAce888 awesome mod, love it so far! One thing i would ask for considering to change.
With 1.4 we can build water sources (old fountain) near asmall garden that buys water. This opens a way to spam easy money. I set server economy mode on hard and limit contracts so progress is more enjoyable but when you can get 4k for one tank of water then its a game breaker. If water price could be reduced 10x or even 100x that would be ggggrrrrreat :)
soccerhate

Post by soccerhate »

That sure sounds like a reasonable plan! The snag being, I imagine, that on extremely rare occasions, whenever a player places two clamps - one for silage and another for compost - side to side, decides to start filling them simultaneously with grass or chaff (!), then there's really no way to tell which is which until one of them ferments)))) Imaginary first world problems)
TopAce888

Post by TopAce888 »

Im aware of that and the silos will get different textures. :wink3:
Meine LS22-Mods

soccerhate

Post by soccerhate »

Dude! You have thought of everything, haven't you!))))
TopAce888

Post by TopAce888 »

If I have thought of everything than everything would be fine with the compost bunker silo in the current version. :coolnew:
Meine LS22-Mods