Is this a bug? Precision Farming - soybean's nitrogen demand is set to 0

Maikerus

Is this a bug? Precision Farming - soybean's nitrogen demand is set to 0

Post by Maikerus »

Hello. Generally, when I buy a new field and examine soil samples, field already has those randomly generated "stains" of different, mostly low nitrogen levels. In most conditions it's fine, because when sowing any kind of grain the nitrogen level needs to be raised and fertilizer is getting the job done by dose optimization, depending on the type of soil. However If soybean is seeded game shows that it needs to be 0kg/ha of fertilizer so as a consecquence - seeder doesn't use any dose of fertilizer which is legit, but considering that field already has some level of nitrogen in the soil- field info says that dose is "bad" and it leads to diminished yeld. Same situation happens when I try to seed soybean after any other grain on already owned field. I'm not able to reduce the nitrogen level to 0, which game say is optimal for that plant and things are falling into vicous circle.

Is it bug or I'm doing something wrong during my farming treatments?

UPDATE: I've been browsing Precision Farming xml file and nitrogen lvl for soybean is actually set to 0.

Image :hmm:
Illinois Farmer

Re: Is this a bug? Precision Farming - soybean's nitrogen demand is set to 0

Post by Illinois Farmer »

That's because soybeans don't require nitrogen to grow. They create nitrogen into the ground.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Iametoo2

Post by Iametoo2 »

The problem is, soybeans, after harvested, are erasing the nitrogen data, in the field. Even after taking new soil samples, the data isn't there.
It's just on the Loam and Sandy Loam.
simbman

Post by simbman »

same problem for me as Iametoo2. did do the samples again, used manure, slurry, with automatic and non automatic settings. Nitrogen is not coming back. Can we reset a field data without damaging saved game?
Maikerus

Post by Maikerus »

Have You tried to sell and buy field again? There are no cost because lands have constant buy/sell price and then do the samples again. It works for me when something is messed up with that mod.
Maikerus

Post by Maikerus »

Thanks for explanation, Illinois Farmer. I found another strange thing, at least for me. After last harvest I have done constant set of agricultural treatment - lime, cultivation, seeding with fertilizing. Everything was good, PH/Nitrogen stats as high as should be. But when I started to harvest (canola), I noticed that plants don't take ingredients - land behind combine still has maxed out PH and Nitrogen level. Ofcourse yeld rating is bad, because it does't count added lime and N. Everything seems to be freezed - I cant add lime nor nitrogen at next seeding period, because soil already has it, but at the same time, for some reason it can't be consumed :\

It seems to be more common problem, another guy has similar issue

viewtopic.php?f=964&t=174817

What's wrong here :?: :sadnew:
Daaniel

Post by Daaniel »

Maikerus wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:23 pm Thanks for explanation, Illinois Farmer. I found another strange thing, at least for me. After last harvest I have done constant set of agricultural treatment - lime, cultivation, seeding with fertilizing. Everything was good, PH/Nitrogen stats as high as should be. But when I started to harvest (canola), I noticed that plants don't take ingredients - land behind combine still has maxed out PH and Nitrogen level. Ofcourse yeld rating is bad, because it does't count added lime and N. Everything seems to be freezed - I cant add lime nor nitrogen at next seeding period, because soil already has it, but at the same time, for some reason it can't be consumed :\

Am having a similar issue with grassfields, sprayed fert. and limed the field, values says perfect, did first cut and got good yield, fert. level though did not fall, so didnt spray again afterwords, when doing second cut latter same year (using seasons) both ph and nitrogen values was perfect again, but now yield was only arond 50-70 percent.
The really strange thing here is that I was playing mulitplayer wih a friend, both cut the grass, I got 50% yield according to the map, my friend got 70%. so we got different yields,
This was on the map greenwich valley, happened on 2 diffrent grassfields, Also tried singleplayer on wytherfarms that should be ready for precision farming, same here, second grasscut the yield is way worse even though values for itro and lime is perfect.
Daaniel

Post by Daaniel »

Daaniel wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:09 am
Maikerus wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:23 pm Thanks for explanation, Illinois Farmer. I found another strange thing, at least for me. After last harvest I have done constant set of agricultural treatment - lime, cultivation, seeding with fertilizing. Everything was good, PH/Nitrogen stats as high as should be. But when I started to harvest (canola), I noticed that plants don't take ingredients - land behind combine still has maxed out PH and Nitrogen level. Ofcourse yeld rating is bad, because it does't count added lime and N. Everything seems to be freezed - I cant add lime nor nitrogen at next seeding period, because soil already has it, but at the same time, for some reason it can't be consumed :\

Am having a similar issue with grassfields, sprayed fert. and limed the field, values says perfect, did first cut and got good yield, fert. level though did not fall, so didnt spray again afterwords, when doing second cut latter same year (using seasons) both ph and nitrogen values was perfect again, but now yield was only arond 50-70 percent.
The really strange thing here is that I was playing mulitplayer wih a friend, both cut the grass, I got 50% yield according to the map, my friend got 70%. so we got different yields,
This was on the map greenwich valley, happened on 2 diffrent grassfields, Also tried singleplayer on wytherfarms that should be ready for precision farming, same here, second grasscut the yield is way worse even though values for itro and lime is perfect.
read in another thread that clearing the yield map in the mapview after harvest could help, so did a new test on Wytherfarms

results:

grasscut one: (on sandy loam field)
before harvest / after harvest
nitro: 180/180 (perfect) / 60/180
ph 6,5 (perfect) / 6,375
yieldmap shown lightgreen 100%, got 54265 grass out of it

I then reset the yieldmap on the field and then I fertilized again and limed again.

grasscut two: (on sandy loam field) with reset yieldmap
nitro: 180/180 (perfect) / 60/180
ph 6,5 (perfect) / 6,375
yieldmap shown lightgreen 100% (one strip, approx. 20% of the field got yellow 80%) still got 54546 grass out of it, so a little bit more than first cut even though the yellow path on the yieldmap and some weed as well.

I then reloaded the game after the first cut.

This time I did NOT reset the yieldmap, but fertilized ant limed

grasscut two: (on sandy loam field) without reseting the yieldmap
nitro: 180/180 (perfect) / 180/180 (perfect)
ph 6,5 (perfect) / 6,5 (perfect)
yieldmap shown lightgreen 100% (one strip, approx. 20% of the field got orange 65%) This cut only gave 42593 in yield, so clear difference. also neither nitro or ph-level went down after the cut, still is perfect values.

The qouestion now is, if I countinue with the game when I didnt reset yieldmap and wait to next year, and cut the filed again, what will that yield be? since I now will not fertilze nor spray lime on it once more since values says its perfect? will there be different yield if a reset yieldmap now compared to skipping reset it again? what happens if a igonre the perfect values and applies fert. and lime anyway?

Many quesions, I will try to go along, and try to test some more to get more results.

But it seems that you have to reset the yieldmap after each cut to be able to get correct information out of all maps and infoscreens, If you dont reset your yield will be messed up, and the info you get about nitro ang ph levels arent correct.

Please give me some feedback abotu your thoughts, and sorry for long text:) but I would like som help to figure this out, Either way the precision farming addon doesn't work 100% completly in my eyes
Samuu_14_

Post by Samuu_14_ »

The truth is that I have the same problem as other users with Nitrogen, I have tried to reestablish the map, I used other tools to sow and everything that has occurred to me and I have never managed to detect the level of Nitrogen applied to it after each harvest fertilizers or compost. All this results in a crop with the worst yield, thus losing many benefits.
I'm desperate and I don't know what else I can do, I hope Giants will release an update soon because there are so many of us who suffer from these mistakes.
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

The only "fix" is, either sell/buy land again or clear yield data.
I am wondering if this bug with stuck pH/nitrogen affects every user or is it random?
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Here is another bug with PF and direct seeders:
https://youtu.be/pltWQGloSbQ

When you lower direct seeder, but not turn on, it will still fertilize ground.
On manual, it will fertilize to maximum number which is 200kg/h, on automatic it will fertilize to perfect number for different soil types.