Welker Farms Map - Terrain Bug 1313.68, 1223.77

PattonicGaming

Welker Farms Map - Terrain Bug 1313.68, 1223.77

Post by PattonicGaming »

This is my first time posting to this forum, so I am not sure how to report a bug found so that the modder might fix it and update the mod/map.

On the Welker Farms map, I have encountered an issue with the terrain on the main farm area... coordinates: 1313.68, 1223.77 (approx). At this location the terrain has some kinda of error that will not allow placeable objects of any time. I have tried several ways of fixing this in-game. I have rolled the area with a delete fields roller, I have plowed the area and then re-covered the area with grass, etc. So, I started a new game session to see if the problem still exists. It does.

There is also a nearby tree which I think might be causing this bug. The very small tree is at approx. coordinates 1275.86, 1214.99. This tree cannot be cut down, cannot be eliminated with the Lizard tree deleter mod which instantly takes the tree down stump and all. This has no effect on this tree.

The fact that the tree is in proximity to where the terrain issue is makes me believe they are a linked issue.

Regardless, can someone please help me get this message to Mappers Paradise so they can look into it?

I like the map, so I would really like to see this fixed.
Last edited by PattonicGaming on Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Illinois Farmer

Re: Welker Farms Map - Terrain Bug 1313.68, 1223.77

Post by Illinois Farmer »

The first object, I am guessing is the tire that can disappear. The tree I got the tree cut down on Xbox one with the trex. You have to be like the far right and hit the sweet spot. It took awhile before I found the right spot. I don't think mappers paradise will update the map. They have kind of went dark.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
PattonicGaming

Post by PattonicGaming »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:14 pm The first object, I am guessing is the tire that can disappear. The tree I got the tree cut down on Xbox one with the trex. You have to be like the far right and hit the sweet spot. It took awhile before I found the right spot. I don't think mappers paradise will update the map. They have kind of went dark.
Hey thank you for responding. Yeah idk about the tire... I've seen the one that's close to the field but haven't yet experienced it disappearing and such.

It sounds like you know exactly what tree I am talking about. I have tried the "Trex" on it, which is what I was referring to when I said "tree deleter"... I couldn't think of the name of it. I'll try the Trex on it again and see if I can get it taken down.

Other than that, the area I am talking about is more out in the open grassy area. I see absolutely nothing there on the map.. and like I said I have tried several things to try to "fix" the terrain. Nothing works.

The only reason this was even disappointing for me is because I really wanted to put a cow barn there and can't because it won't let me place anything within proximity to that glitched spot. I have to place it so far back that it leaves a big open space between my buildings and where the would be cow barn would be placed. Just looks odd, plus the cow barn would interfere with field 2 and I don't want to mess that up. I ended up just putting my cow barn across the road in the grass field. Thinking about just plowing the area and making it a part of field 2.
PattonicGaming

Post by PattonicGaming »

You were right about the TREX. After approaching from several angles I did finally get the tree taken down. Weird though, when it took the tree down, the tree like morphed into a much larger tree. However, taking this tree out did not fix the glitched spot on the map as I had hoped it would. I don't know what's wrong with it.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

I had this thread about the tire...

viewtopic.php?f=963&t=172331&p=1332579& ... s#p1332579
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

That's weird it still didn't let you place anything. Yes, dome tees are buried farther than others to give them different looks in a forrest of different heights. I cut down every tree in the starting farm and put a cow barn behind the house next the road.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

The problem is probably caused by the tipColInfoLayer.grle and if on PC can be resolved by unzipping and opening the map in GE and going to Scripts--Map--Create Ground Collision Map and creating a new collision map save the map then rezip and replace in your mods folder.
PattonicGaming

Post by PattonicGaming »

TheSuBBie wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:31 am The problem is probably caused by the tipColInfoLayer.grle and if on PC can be resolved by unzipping and opening the map in GE and going to Scripts--Map--Create Ground Collision Map and creating a new collision map save the map then rezip and replace in your mods folder.
Subbie, thank you very much for replying.. I know you're a modder, I recognize your name. Yeah I am a console player (PS4). So far I have not found anything to fix the glitches spot on the map. I just made other plans on where to put my stuff and worked around it.
Newguy25

Post by Newguy25 »

I’m having an issue with the game play in general, as soon as I load in everything is so slow I can’t even play the map. This is the only map I have had this issue with. Any answers or suggestions would be appreciated. TIA