Universal Passenger

Cornadius

Universal Passenger

Post by Cornadius »

Hello GTX,

there is a problem with the Universal Passenger and a head track.

dataS/scripts/vehicles/VehicleCamera.lua(349) : attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'headTrackingPitchOffset' (a nil value)

Best regards

Cornadius

Edit don_apple: topic moved from 'General Discussion' to 'ModHub Bug Reports' since it is about an issue with a mod from the ModHub and not about the game itself.
j_maybury

Re: Universal Passenger

Post by j_maybury »

My problem with this mod is that this mod stops the controller 🎮 from buying a field with the right-hand stick button on the main map, PC version.
As soon as I delete Universal Passenger, everything is back to normal.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

j_maybury wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:17 am My problem with this mod is that this mod stops the controller 🎮 from buying a field with the right-hand stick button on the main map, PC version.
As soon as I delete Universal Passenger, everything is back to normal.
Hmm... that may be the cause of my game doing that (and not really sure why I have it as I almost never play multiplayer)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

DEERE317 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:09 am
Hmm... that may be the cause of my game doing that (and not really sure why I have it as I almost never play multiplayer)
I'm the same, I used to play multiplayer a lot in FS17 but not once in FS19 just call me Billy No Mates🚜
You don't have to delete it, you can merely untick it, but seeing that I don't use multiplayer, it is less of a faff if I delete it.
GtX

Post by GtX »

:hi:

@Cornadius Thanks for the bug report as I have discussed with you also by PM this error is due to a missing variable I forgot to add or accidentally removed in an update. Unfortunately I do not have Head Tracking so I was not able to test.

It is fantastic you reported this as it should now be fixed and I will send an update to Giants.

@DEERE317 and @j_maybury This is a bug I was not aware of until you posted. I have looked into it and it was introduced in the last update due to a controller only conflict with key bindings and the new feature of being able to enter a vehicle as a passenger from the main map screen.

I have corrected this input and it will now use P on a keyboard and BUTTON_9 (Open / Close Store) on controllers. This seems to have fixed the issue. It is hard to add lots of features to a controller with such a limited number of buttons, as you would understand, so sometimes a conflict like this does happen so it is nice to hear about it :-)

If you are no longer requiring the mod that is no issue but do remember it can be used in SP also if you like to RP when using Hired help and do not want to sit in their lap :lol: .

Either way thanks to all for the bug reports and I will get a fixed uploaded Giants ASAP. :this:
GtX :this:

YouTube

GitHub

FS17 Mod Link

FS19 Mod Link

FS22 Mod Link

"A good friend is the friend who can make you laugh."
"What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it"
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

GtX wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:46 am :hi:

@DEERE317 and @j_maybury This is a bug I was not aware of until you posted. I have looked into it and it was introduced in the last update due to a controller only conflict with key bindings and the new feature of being able to enter a vehicle as a passenger from the main map screen.

I have corrected this input and it will now use P on a keyboard and BUTTON_9 (Open / Close Store) on controllers. This seems to have fixed the issue. It is hard to add lots of features to a controller with such a limited number of buttons, as you would understand, so sometimes a conflict like this does happen so it is nice to hear about it :-)

If you are no longer requiring the mod that is no issue but do remember it can be used in SP also if you like to RP when using Hired help and do not want to sit in their lap :lol: .

Either way thanks to all for the bug reports and I will get a fixed uploaded Giants ASAP. :this:
Thanks' GtX for the prompt bug fix, You do some smashing stuff, and thanks for the new Sales mod, I have missed having a Sale at the shop so now we are being spoilt with the Sales mod and the second-hand goods mod. I hope we get these in the next version of FS.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

j_maybury wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:27 am
GtX wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:46 am :hi:

Thanks' GtX for the prompt bug fix, You do some smashing stuff, and thanks for the new Sales mod, I have missed having a Sale at the shop so now we are being spoilt with the Sales mod and the second-hand goods mod. I hope we get these in the next version of FS.
Same.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.