PS4 Game Crashes minutes after loading save.

Hyperion_Rail

PS4 Game Crashes minutes after loading save.

Post by Hyperion_Rail »

Well I've logged over 900hrs into one save file. It was my mod test file that took over my life, and became my favorite main farm. Nearly 99% of it was modded stuff and it was my first dip into seasons which I was loving. I deleted all my old save files and just couldn't stop playing this one file.

But suddenly now I can no longer play the save file.

It always seemed to have crashing problems any time I sold or bought something. Especially placeables, buildings, and objects, equipment was hit or miss. I could usually sell one thing and be fine, but if I sold more than 2 items it would guaranteed crash. I got good at saving before and after I sold/bought anything. And I wanna re-emphasize that it was more prevalent a problem if it was a placeable, like a light, building, or decoration. Selling vehicles rarely caused an issue.

However, now it crashes immediately after the game loads. More specifically, if I try to travel from one side of my farm to the other. The game loads, for a few minutes everything seems fine, sometimes I can even play for quite a while...but as soon as I try to go to the other side of my farm...crash.

It just won't let me play for more than a few minutes. I uninstalled and reinstalled everything. I uninstalled any mods not in use. I even turned off all the major mods like seasons, straw harvest...no dice. I originally thought it was seasons as when I turned seasons off I was able to play for a while with no problems, but now even with seasons off it still crashes in the same place.

I've uploaded a video of the crash happening and how I can recreate it because it's so consistent. https://youtu.be/intSZFw_s9g (NSFW Warning: I drop an F-Bomb...sorry, I'm frustrated)

The bigger problem is...I started a new game, and played for about an hour. Different map, and I bought entirely different equipment using Subsidy Signs to buy all my equipment right from the start. Once I got all my equipment purchased and ready to start farming... I started to drive my equipment to the farm, and it crashed in the exact same way and I lost the entire save file, since I was rushing to buy stuff, I never hit pause. Now I don't trust starting any new games anymore until I find the cause of these mysterious crashes. This is ridiculous. It doesn't make sense outside of my whole game is broken.

I deleted the game, and reinstalled it, which wiped my mods, so I had to meticulously reinstall every single one again. Still no help. It'd be one thing if I just said, well, save file is corrupted, move on. But the fact that it immediately started happening in a new game just has me stuck

I clocked over 900hrs and besides the crashing whenever I sold something, it was running fine. It never crashed in the game, just in the sales menus and I could work around that. But just suddenly out of nowhere this started the other day and I don't know what changed. There wasn't any updates. I didn't install anything new. I was just playing the game like I always have.

I could play the game without mods, I think, I haven't tried, but been there done that...mods are the only reason I'm still playing the game. But being on console I don't even know where to begin to troubleshoot this. I can't even tell if a mod is to blame.

I'm on a first Gen PS4. It's not the most powerful system anymore but it's still running well. I was running it off an external drive, but I've since transferred it to the system memory, no luck.

I have pics of all the mods I'm using/installed but I can't seem to post them for you on here currently so I included a Dropbox link to them in the meantime. But if I can find a way to show every mod I have installed, I will if it helps.

If you have Dropbox you can view the pics here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eipp06wwpku9 ... 8mh3a?dl=0