Modhub keeps freezing. (PS4 Pro)

LoneWolf5841

Modhub keeps freezing. (PS4 Pro)

Post by LoneWolf5841 »

Alright I love the mods but I'm experiencing a issue that is making me debate on not using them which would kill this game for me as it would get quite boring without mods to spice it up every now and then. Anyway the issue is the modhub keeps locking up. If I click on any mod to view then hit circle to back out it will freeze almost every time, the time of which lasts a few seconds upwards to a minute or more. This issue seems to occur more frequently the longer you stay in the modhub. The freeze also occurs if you back out of the mod or quit to main menu if you close the game during one of these freezes it will crash the game (not a big deal since you're closing the game anyway but still clearly something is wrong)

I've tried everything to fix this from deleting FS19 and reinstalling, deleting every mod I had installed, factory reseting my entire ps4, and even hard wiring my ps4 to the internet. Nothing I've done has stopped this from occurring and it makes browsing the modhub both extremely frustrating and annoying anyone know of a fix?

Just a note I know I'm not the only one experiencing this as I have friends who also has the same issue.
Playing FS22 on PS4.

Thanks to all the modders for the wonderful mods they bring to consoles :hi:
Mwal

Re: Modhub keeps freezing. (PS4 Pro)

Post by Mwal »

I brainless it’s a relatively common issue that people have complained about for quite some time at least here. Unfortunately I wouldn’t expect a solution with the new release on the horizon. I have saw people comment the upgrading to next gen has alleviated this issue if that’s a possibility for you.
LoneWolf5841

Post by LoneWolf5841 »

Mwal wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:26 pm I brainless it’s a relatively common issue that people have complained about for quite some time at least here. Unfortunately I wouldn’t expect a solution with the new release on the horizon. I have saw people comment the upgrading to next gen has alleviated this issue if that’s a possibility for you.
I haven't been able to secure a PS5 yet so that's not an option but glad to hear it can help for when I do upgrade.
I posted this on reddit as well and someone on there suggested to browse mods on the website version of modhub instead of the in game one and when I find a mod I like I can just search it in the in game modhub and install. It isn't perfect as I still have to deal with the modhub freeze when I go to install a mod but it does lower the frequency that I have to deal with it. Which is better than nothing.

As for FS22 I'm really hoping that this has been improved upon I think I've read somewhere that they did improve the modhub for the next game but that was a while ago so I could be misremembering.
Playing FS22 on PS4.

Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Sorry too by the way brainless was a pretty terrible typo I meant to say “I believe” but that’s to be fair I’m pretty brainless for not catching that typo in the first place. I’ve heard the theory that the modhub was never intended to support so many mods and hopefully being prepared for the popularity this time around alleviates some of those more annoying issues.
LoneWolf5841

Post by LoneWolf5841 »

Mwal wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:58 am Sorry too by the way brainless was a pretty terrible typo I meant to say “I believe” but that’s to be fair I’m pretty brainless for not catching that typo in the first place. I’ve heard the theory that the modhub was never intended to support so many mods and hopefully being prepared for the popularity this time around alleviates some of those more annoying issues.
No worries typos happen and I figured brainless was supposed to be believe based on the rest of the sentence.

Wasn't there a decent size of mods on fs17 as well though? This freezing didn't occur there and I've also experienced this back when there was only a few mods on modhub for fs19 so while I do believe that a lot of mods on modhub might slow it down I don't think it's whats causing the freezes.
Playing FS22 on PS4.

Mwal

Post by Mwal »

There was a decent amount but I would definitely say there has been more fs19 mods, especially with the extra year between cycles this time around. I also know that when loading some of the categories to the far right with the buildings and placeables even my pretty new and fairly powerful pc has a few second pause when opening them which leads me to believe it’s just getting to be to much as well.