Repair And Paint Settings Mod by Ragman2414

cwattyeso

Repair And Paint Settings Mod by Ragman2414

Post by cwattyeso »

Is anyone else on PC using this mod, and finding it doesn't appear in the game menu as shown in the screenshot on the ModHub description? I have the mod selected before I start a new save or load a game, go into the game menu, scroll down the page and nothing appears below the AI Worker settings for me, and definitely not as pictured in the description.

Wonder if this mod has a conflict with some other earlier released mod that adds or changes the main menu or adds other options to the GUI but can't seem to identify it myself. I've done a test loading the game without mods like Courseplay, Autodrive, Field Leasing etc which add new menus to the main menu but still am not able to get these new repair and paint settings to show up in game, so not sure what the conflict or problem is.

I've checked the log file and not seeing anything in there pertaining to this mod or issues it may be having.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Noraf

Re: Repair And Paint Settings Mod by Ragman2414

Post by Noraf »

It shows up here.
And, that's the only mod I currently use that adds to that menu
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Maybe worth a try with just that mod, normally it is scripts that misbehave but I had an issue with a script mod ( can't remember which one ) and it turned out to be a piece of equipment which it clashed with which was the last thing I expected.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Tried the game with just that mod installed in the mod folder, and on the standard Elm Creek Map and still could not see the Repair Settings in the menu. Scrolled down the page and after AI Workers it would just auto scroll back to the top of the window. Then I suddenly had a thought, I had an issue recently with Courseplay where they did an update to the Mod, added some new options yet I could not see them in my game. Turns out when scrolling the menus with a Controller it doesn't scroll the full list and seems to have some weird hardcoded limit on how far down a menu you can scroll before it auto cycles back to the top. So with the repair mod installed, I went into the menu and used my mouse to scroll down the screen this time and sure enough there are the options sitting below the AI Worker options. So I guess it's in interface/GUI issue not being compatible with controllers.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Ohhh, that's an interesting find.
I'll try to remember that for further reference
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
boss29

Post by boss29 »

good morning how are you Ragman2414? I'm having a little problem with the mod, I'm using the dedicated server mode, they simply don't save settings I do it in multipalyer...I'm using the map in mans land....
johandenver

Post by johandenver »

cwattyeso wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:33 pm Tried the game with just that mod installed in the mod folder, and on the standard Elm Creek Map and still could not see the Repair Settings in the menu. Scrolled down the page and after AI Workers it would just auto scroll back to the top of the window. Then I suddenly had a thought, I had an issue recently with Courseplay where they did an update to the Mod, added some new options yet I could not see them in my game. Turns out when scrolling the menus with a Controller it doesn't scroll the full list and seems to have some weird hardcoded limit on how far down a menu you can scroll before it auto cycles back to the top. So with the repair mod installed, I went into the menu and used my mouse to scroll down the screen this time and sure enough there are the options sitting below the AI Worker options. So I guess it's in interface/GUI issue not being compatible with controllers.
Thanks for finding this! I had the exact same problem and couldn't figure out how to get it working.
michele1048

Post by michele1048 »

you want to insist with courseplay. that program has always created a lot of problems since it was made. patches come out every day but the problems remain. courseplay has many conflicts with the game scripts today much more with the I.A. helpers and game configuration options
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Nothing wrong with Courseplay and it definitely is not causing conflicts with any scripts that I can see (No errors or lua issues in the log.) The problem seems to be more an issue with Giants and the coding/programming of their User Interface. When using a Controller to navigate the menus it seems you can only move and navigate so far on a screen before it autoloops to the beginning (Probably using Interface code from consoles) the problem is when mod makers come along and add new menus or additional options to existing menus, you can't access these with the controller, only with mouse and keyboard. I'd guess again because these mods that add new menus and stuff are not permitted on consoles, so the User Interface issues won't ever be noticed there.

So at the moment not really an issue or error with the mod or by the mod author, rather a limitation of the game and the need to have to use the mouse to access all options within the game's menu.