Big Chicken Barn won't spawn pallets

Farmer525

Big Chicken Barn won't spawn pallets

Post by Farmer525 »

I'm running into an odd issue which is hopefully unique to my save game but here goes.

I saw and liked the Big Chicken Barn on the hub the other day so I downloaded and put one on my main farm https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022

-Playing more realistically I leased an modded animal trailer and moved my existing chickens into it before demolishing the old coops
-I gave them feed and went on my way
-When the game hour changed I got the "No More Space to place new pallets (Eggs) at: Chickens!" message
-Went to the new coop and there are no pallets at all

I did some tests with a new game and the mod worked just fine. I did other tests to see if it was a mod conflict but couldn't find anything. I went back to my main farm, sold all my original chickens, demolished the big chicken barn, built another and bought new chickens but the problem remains.

I went through the various .xml files and the Log.txt looking for anything out of place but I didn't see anything.

Any thoughts? This seems unique to my save game and the animal transfer which should be an easy fix.
Proudly playing since FS13
Zero76Gaming

Re: Big Chicken Barn won't spawn pallets

Post by Zero76Gaming »

I tested this mod and was working fine, apart from running out of food when running 1 day a month. Because it only holds 20.000L for 5000 chickens.

Didn't you hit the pallet limit? That would explain why no pallets spawn anymore.
Farmer525

Post by Farmer525 »

Zero76 Gaming/Design wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:05 pm I tested this mod and was working fine, apart from running out of food when running 1 day a month. Because it only holds 20.000L for 5000 chickens.

Didn't you hit the pallet limit? That would explain why no pallets spawn anymore.
I use the Palletenfix mod to get around that but I thought the same thing and did a test by disabling it and selling most of the pallets that I had. The result was still the same.
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Unfortunately I have no idea then what the issue is. I hope someone else comes with a solution for your problem. Happy Farming!
Farmer525

Post by Farmer525 »

Zero76 Gaming/Design wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:31 pm Unfortunately I have no idea then what the issue is. I hope someone else comes with a solution for your problem. Happy Farming!
It is a weird one for sure. I can only think that something with the animal transfer caused an issue since in the stock game you can't move chickens via a trailer.
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Farmer525 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:34 pm
Zero76 Gaming/Design wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:31 pm Unfortunately I have no idea then what the issue is. I hope someone else comes with a solution for your problem. Happy Farming!
It is a weird one for sure. I can only think that something with the animal transfer caused an issue since in the stock game you can't move chickens via a trailer.
Why don't you sell the chickens you had and buy new ones? To see if then the issue is fixed.
Farmer525

Post by Farmer525 »

Zero76 Gaming/Design wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:44 pm
Farmer525 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:34 pm
Why don't you sell the chickens you had and buy new ones? To see if then the issue is fixed.
Tried that already.
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Farmer525 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:52 pm Tried that already.
Then it isn't the transfer I guess.

Well I hope someone can help you out! Good luck! Happy farming!
Eische

Post by Eische »

That can also happen if the pallet spawner area is very close to or directly on the ground.
If the ground is not perfectly leveled, this message will appear saying no room for pallets to spawn.

Did you place it using the free placement mode? Maybe your ground was not leveled perfectly?
If you are on PC you can try to raise the palletspwner areas a little bit, so that they are 0.1 meters above ground.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Farmer525

Post by Farmer525 »

Eische wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:41 pm That can also happen if the pallet spawner area is very close to or directly on the ground.
If the ground is not perfectly leveled, this message will appear saying no room for pallets to spawn.

Did you place it using the free placement mode? Maybe your ground was not leveled perfectly?
If you are on PC you can try to raise the palletspwner areas a little bit, so that they are 0.1 meters above ground.
Embarrassingly it looks like this was the issue! When I placed the barn I selected a very level area but didn't pre-level it. (The leveling charge was only $300 so I didn't think anything of it.) What was odd is when I adjusted the building height to try and get it to work one time the pallet spawner actually stuck to the ground and didn't move with the building! I suppose this is why most spawners are set outside of the buildings and not within then like this mod is. What was also odd is the first time I deleted the building and leveled the area there was only a small charge. But on the second try I could only then see the money getting used up during the leveling. Very strange overall but thankfully it is resolved.

I figured it was something simple but not that simple :smileynew: Many thanks!
Farmer525

Post by Farmer525 »

Farmer525 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:50 pm
Eische wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:41 pm That can also happen if the pallet spawner area is very close to or directly on the ground.

Embarrassingly it looks like this was the issue! When I placed the barn I selected a very level area but didn't pre-level it. (The leveling charge was only $300 so I didn't think anything of it.) What was odd is when I adjusted the building height to try and get it to work one time the pallet spawner actually stuck to the ground and didn't move with the building! I suppose this is why most spawners are set outside of the buildings and not within then like this mod is. What was also odd is the first time I deleted the building and leveled the area there was only a small charge. But on the second try I could only then see the money getting used up during the leveling. Very strange overall but thankfully it is resolved.

I figured it was something simple but not that simple :smileynew: Many thanks!

I hate to quote myself but it looks like I spoke too soon. Earlier I finally got the pallet to spawn, so I saved game and then went and did other things for the day. I booted up the game just now, finished a few tasks, slept for the night and first thing I see is "No More Space to place new pallets (Eggs) at: Chickens!" message again just like before. I fast forwarded time to the house to confirm and sure enough it didn't work. I'm deleting the mod and just going to put a line of stock coops until I see an update on it.
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

I am also having the same issue, well it spawns 1 pallet but after that I get the no more space message. Anyone else having issues ?
Sunshine4

Post by Sunshine4 »

FarmerLee73 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:40 pm I am also having the same issue, well it spawns 1 pallet but after that I get the no more space message. Anyone else having issues ?
yes happening with me as well it looks like a mod error as I have try to move the chicken barn to different areas but only getting on spawn and then it keep saying full but nothing else is showing
Farmer525

Post by Farmer525 »

Well at least I wasn't the only one with this issue. I'm surprised to see Sunshine4 also having the same problem despite moving the barn around which removes the chance of it being a placement issue.
BigTimeSaluki1027

Post by BigTimeSaluki1027 »

I just tried it on console last night... only started with 1,500 chickens and it had the no more room for pallet message on my game too. Hope it gets fixed/updated soon.