[SOLVED] FS19 No intro-no sound-fix

SpecialGuest

[SOLVED] FS19 No intro-no sound-fix

Post by SpecialGuest »

Hi, I'd like to report a problem, and a solution that worked for me.
So, I started the game first on my 5.1 sound system (Asus sound card), and the game worked swell.
Then for multiplayer purposes I switched to my Corsair 7.1 headphones, and the game's intros didn't play (black screen), and after clicking through them the game didn't have sound.

After trying all kinds of stuff to solve this, I found out that the game doesn't seem to support 7.1! After switching to 5.1 on the Corsair Control Panel I got sound to my headphones! Yay!

I don't know if this is a bug in the game, or some glitch that just occurrs only for me, but if anyone doesn't get sound on 7.1 try this and hopefully it helps.

Cheers
Agriculture basically has four major problems every year: spring, summer, autumn, and winter.
richardsiegers

Re: FS19 No intro-no sound-fix

Post by richardsiegers »

thx it worked
whalebarf

Post by whalebarf »

How did you manage to do this? I can't figure it out.
Saablord900

Post by Saablord900 »

I tried to switch my headphones from 7.1 to stereo, but looks like my headphones only support surround sound, which doesnt work with the game.

This is so frustrating, have been waiting for this game for months and now I have a mute game because of a childish bug..
Saablord900

Post by Saablord900 »

Saablord900 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:24 am I tried to switch my headphones from 7.1 to stereo, but looks like my headphones only support surround sound, which doesnt work with the game.

This is so frustrating, have been waiting for this game for months and now I have a mute game because of a childish bug..
So I managed to find a solution, I searched for my 10+ years old Creative Fatal1ty headset and now I have the game intro and sounds. Game has some issue with surround sound and I hope giants will fix it asap..
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: [SOLVED] FS19 No intro-no sound-fix

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi guys!

The game only supports stereo sound currently. What you can try is also set the windows sounds to stereo and maybe the windows emitter can simulate something for your headphones - but sadly the game itself does not support this for now.
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
HC1Gunner

Post by HC1Gunner »

whalebarf wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:25 am How did you manage to do this? I can't figure it out.
This worked for me, I'm not happy about loosing 7.1, but at least until they fix it, I now have decent sound. My headset is 7.1 along with my Realtek on-board sound. Sometimes I switch to my speakers which are just stereo with a good sub.

You have to open windows sounds either through the Control Panel\Hardware and Sound, and click on ""manage audio devices". Or rt-click on the system tray sound icon, and chose "sounds", choose the playback tab. With your speakers highlighted choose "configure", from here you can choose your system's options. I only have Stereo or 7.1, some may have 5.1. Switching to anything but 7.1 will probably fix your issue.
Asus ROG STRIX X670E-A GAMING
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo AMD EXPO 32GB DDR5 6000 F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR
SSD NVMe 1 TB - Samsung 990 PRO
Sapphire NITRO+ RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X
Corsair HX1200 1200 Watt Pwr Sup
NZXT Kraken Z73 360 AIO CPU Cooler
Sennheiser Game One headset / Sennheiser GSX 1000 Gaming Audio Amplifier
LG 32GK850G-B 32" QHD 65Hz Refresh Rate
Win 11 Pro 64bit
ValHarris

NOT [SOLVED] FS19 No intro-no sound-fix

Post by ValHarris »

This workarround doesnt work form me and my G35 headset, I have no other software options than 7.1 .
He Giants, we have the Year 2018!
2Tees

Post by 2Tees »

So you are saying we are stepping down and back into time from FS17 to FS19 ?? The same setup worked fine in FS17, I install 19 and run.. no sound. Something that was supported in FS17 now is downgraded ? Sorry but I have no words for this. Or do I.

Farm like never before, now in Stereo. Sorry Giants but this is a big thumbs down from me. 2000hours in FS17, 0 in FS19 if this does not gets fixed

EDIT:
x Lethian x wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:21 am Hi guys!

The game only supports stereo sound currently. What you can try is also set the windows sounds to stereo and maybe the windows emitter can simulate something for your headphones - but sadly the game itself does not support this for now.
5.1 seems to work, perhaps you can edit your reply so people do not see the "only stereo" remark as a reason to start a rage
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

As I said, you can try emulating it. Setting it to 5.1 should also work - nothing has changed from FS17 as far as I know.
Ivan1606

Post by Ivan1606 »

Hi, is there an HDMI cable on your video card? And that with dravers (especially nvidia) they will try to install a high resolution audio driver for HDMI ... the problem is that Windows is trying to use only the new HDMI audio driver instead of the existing one, which can be caused by the lack of sound. maybe the problem of outdated headphones, new ones usually have their own driver, well, just like these https://www.bestadvisor.com/best-headphones
So be sure to check the software. :hi:
mlintvedt

Post by mlintvedt »

So I just installed the game and have no intro or sound. I checked to see if my sound was set to stereo and it is. Anyone have any ideas. I’m not very computer savvy I just figured I’d load the game and it would work. Fs17 worked fine if that helps.
himynameisfred

Post by himynameisfred »

mlintvedt wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:07 am So I just installed the game and have no intro or sound. I checked to see if my sound was set to stereo and it is. Anyone have any ideas. I’m not very computer savvy I just figured I’d load the game and it would work. Fs17 worked fine if that helps.
I'm having the same problem my computer is hooked to my TV through a HDMI cable. I was also having this problem on FS17 the last time I tried to play it
2Tees

Post by 2Tees »

x Lethian x wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:28 am As I said, you can try emulating it. Setting it to 5.1 should also work - nothing has changed from FS17 as far as I know.
Sure something has changed

FS17 with Soundblaster Katana 7.1 setting => works fine
FS19 with Soundblaster Katana 7.1 setting => no intro, no sound you just look at a black screen with your mouse cursor until you escape out of it
FS19 with Soundblaster Katana 5.1 setting => works fine
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

We are working on an upcoming fix, which should hopefully resolve the issue for you ;)