[SOLVED] G27 / G29 Problem

SpidmaxCZ

[SOLVED] G27 / G29 Problem

Post by SpidmaxCZ »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PC - other not tested
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: All
- Issue: The steering wheel is still recognized as xbox controlled, cant bind alll of buttons, aslo some od them are duplicited, two buttons is recognised as one keybinding. Game is unplayable on steering wheel right now + pedals dont work quiet smooth, you cant really go very slowly ( deadzone is at 0% )... in fs 17 this is not happening.
- Single- or Multiplayer: Both
- Steps to reproduce: Connect Logitech Steering Wheel
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods: Yes

Version 1.1 - After Day One Patch
Co-Owner | Graphic Designer of Modding Team " AgroSketch " - http://www.facebook.com/AgroSketch

Hardware:
CPU : AMD Ryzen 2700X /// GPU: GTX 1070TI 8GB Ultra Gaming OC /// RAM : 2x 8GB DDR4
Other: Logitech G27 + H Shifter, NZXT Kraken X62, NZXT H500I
Pölö

Re: G27 / G29 Problem

Post by Pölö »

Changing the mapping in-game doesn't help, as it will reset back, and changing the mapping in inputBinding.xml doesn't help either, as that'll too reset when the game is started.

PC, Steam version
G27
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: G27 / G29 Problem

Post by x Lethian x »

Hello!
Thank you for the feedback - regarding input devices: our game currently supports up to four different ones hooked up to the PC (keyboard & mouse, steering wheel & side panel for example). If you use more, the game will have some key binding conflicts, so please limit it to four when playing FS19. Also, be sure to delete the inputBindings.xml file found under Documents/MyGames/FarmingSimulator2019/inputBindings.xml after downloading the latest patch and then restarting the game. Hope this helps!
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
KRH[DK]

Re: [READ] G27 / G29 Problem

Post by KRH[DK] »

@ Lethian

Well i have the same issue (download from your website, so it's vers. 1.1)

With 2x logitech extreme 3D joystick and a logitech G920
Force feedback problems persist, inputbindings keep resetting and you can't assign double buttons (I.e. button 1 and button 5 on right joystick)
Twiist3dxEmbaz

Post by Twiist3dxEmbaz »

You say that FS19 will support upto 4 devices is this number likley to change as my current setup is 5 devices, G27, t500rs shifter (g27 broke),Saitek sidepanel,keyboard,mouse. Is this something I will be able to do as I could in 17 and seems like a huge step back not having this support in 19?

Your Prompt response will be appreiciated

Thanks
Shaun
SpidmaxCZ

Post by SpidmaxCZ »

The main problem is that the game thinks it is xbox gamepad, not a steering wheel - G25, 27 and 29 does this too. Got friend whos have this problem too... When i keybind for example one button on wheel it says Y or X, B etc... Like it was gamepad. I would prefer FS17 settings, cuz the game cannot be played on wheel. And i got steam version so the game was installed with 1.1 patch.

Thanks for response
Co-Owner | Graphic Designer of Modding Team " AgroSketch " - http://www.facebook.com/AgroSketch

Hardware:
CPU : AMD Ryzen 2700X /// GPU: GTX 1070TI 8GB Ultra Gaming OC /// RAM : 2x 8GB DDR4
Shilka

Post by Shilka »

Same issue as posted here: viewtopic.php?f=965&t=129772
And it is not solved. I have the issue as well with max 4 input bindings. Deleting inputBindings.xml does not help.
When trying to bind G27 steering wheel buttons they get recognized as controller buttons (LB, RB start,A, B, etc) instead.
mercury68

Post by mercury68 »

Also having these issues on a Thrustmaster T500 as everytime I get the wheel setup and sort of working, when I restart the game all key bindings are lost.

So does a mouse, keyboard, wheel and pedals (using one usb) and a HOTAS (joystick and throttle using one usb) count for 4 devices or 6?

Does also using a headtracking device, such as TrackIR, also come under the max 4 device requirement?
Abbasoturi

Post by Abbasoturi »

I have G27 and my brother has G920. Both have the same problems as above.

I have also long as g27 is connected ESC button stops working in both multipalyer and singlepayer.
BigAl Farming

Post by BigAl Farming »

I have the same issue - The buttons on G27 steering wheel & gearshifter appears to be recognised as inputs from an xbox controller. Am running latest 1.1 patch on PC.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi!

Is this problem happening with the latest steam version update as well? Please try the following: Close the game, delete your inputBindings file. Now start the game again and remap your device. Saving and restarting the game should now not reset any bindings/changes you just made. Make sure you don't unplug anything between the restarts. if you have more input devices connected (steering wheel combo + a gamepad for example) you could also try the following: Unplug the gamepad then delete the inputBindings, now start the game and map your steering wheel however you like. Save the changes and close the game, then replug your gamepad, start the game and remap any changes as well. Your settings should be saved now. Please get back to me if this helps or not, thanks!
SpidmaxCZ

Re: [KNOWN ISSUE] G27 / G29 Problem

Post by SpidmaxCZ »

Hi, so i tried your suggestion... and its even worse, game itself sets the steering wheel to 90° not the 900°a i can't change it back, but the button thing is still there, can't bind two buttons on other functions. The Wheel is still recognised as xbox controller.

So right now it's tottaly unplayble.

Thanks for your response,

Hardware:
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Please retry this with patch 1.1.3:
viewtopic.php?p=1052571#p1052571

If needed, please also install the newest software update for any logitech input devices you are using:
https://support.logitech.com/en_ch/software/lgs

After this all should be working like a charm ;)
antonis78

Post by antonis78 »

SpidmaxCZ wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:26 pm Hi, so i tried your suggestion... and its even worse, game itself sets the steering wheel to 90° not the 900°a i can't change it back, but the button thing is still there, can't bind two buttons on other functions. The Wheel is still recognised as xbox controller.

So right now it's tottaly unplayble.

Thanks for your response,
Same problem here.
Much worse
SpidmaxCZ

Post by SpidmaxCZ »

x Lethian x wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:22 pm Please retry this with patch 1.1.3:
viewtopic.php?p=1052571#p1052571

If needed, please also install the newest software update for any logitech input devices you are using:
https://support.logitech.com/en_ch/software/lgs

After this all should be working like a charm ;)
Hey, so i tried the patch 1.1.3 and still the same F... problem, i must refund the game to get this right ? it's half month after release and i can't still play the game after 1.1.2 version. Logitech G27 sets itsefl on 180° while in game, after alt tabbing its back to 900°. So no, its not fixed. I get it some problems can be after realease... but simple thing like this ? cant play game with 900°? Sorry for my language, but it is really unplayable and its frustrating. -

EDIT: Only way to fix this is disable option in Logitech Profiler to disable " Allow Game To Adjust Settings " - Only solution what i have found to fix the 180° issue.

Hardware: