[SOLVED] FS19 screen flickering

HarvestMan

[SOLVED] FS19 screen flickering

Post by HarvestMan »

Sometimes (pretty constantly) the screen brightness goes all over the place. It's pretty gamebreaking when the screen constantly goes back and forth from the correct brightness to nighttime levels of dark and all places in between.
Guil

Re: FS19 screen flickering

Post by Guil »

Hello, can you read this sticky and post again?
viewtopic.php?f=965&t=129830
adamp89

Re: [READ] FS19 screen flickering

Post by adamp89 »

Hi,
I'm going to add on to this, as it sounds like I'm experiencing the same thing.

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1:
PC

- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object:
Anything

- Issue:
Game brightness/ light levels flicker uncontrolably, changing the brightness and graphic settings in the options menu doesn't do anything, and changing screen display settings also has no effect. as previously mentioned, the brightness is all over the place, constantly changing between night time levels and mid day levels, with everything in between.

- Single- or Multiplayer:
Single player

- Steps to reproduce:
Load the game, it starts almost immediately, particularly when in a vehicle.

- Does it happen on a standard map without mods:
Yes, standard map - felsbrunn (not tried the other map yet), with no mods installed.

Thanks,
Adam
Attachments
log.txt
(70.17 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: [READ] FS19 screen flickering

Post by x Lethian x »

I think what you guys are describing is the HDR feature in our game? That's not a bug ^^ Could you maybe add a video showcasing the issue?
HDR enables us to brighten up darker screen contents, for example when looking at the ground and then darkening them again when looking at brighter content such as the sky.
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
adamp89

Re: [SOLVED] FS19 screen flickering

Post by adamp89 »

Here you go:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL6pJqc ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

I understand what you are suggesting about it being the HDR, however, it should not be behaving like this. From the example you gave, it should change smoothly as the camera pans around, reacting to the increase in light, it shouldn't be flickering as shown in the video, while the camera remains stationary.

(apologies for the audio by the way....)

Adam
adamp89

Post by adamp89 »

Not sure if any mods / devs have seen this since it was tagged as "Solved", but as the youtube video shows, there is no way the HDR system, if it were working properly, should chop and change between such drastically different light levels, without any kind of player input, and certainly not as rapidly as it does. Its like it doesn't know what to do, or can't make its mind up which setting to go with. If there was a way of disabling the HDR, then it wouldn't be such an issue.

At best, its playable, at worst, it should come with a photosensitivity warning.

Thanks for your help,

Adam
Calderbank435s

Post by Calderbank435s »

Hello I have this issue on my pc.

Is there any way of fixing the problem it is playable but very annoying when playing as it doesn’t know what to do. I have tried everything I can think of

Thanks in advance

Mark
Dave87

Post by Dave87 »

Hi guys

I was wondering has this issue been solved? It is a real pain in the ar** when the light screen jumps all over the place and sometimes goes from day to night. I see the post says solved but i cant see were the issue was solved, forgive me if it has been, i am not very good with computers.Hope to hear from you .

thanks.
Farmer_DaddyPig

Post by Farmer_DaddyPig »

Has anyone solved this yet??