[SOLVED] Controller problem

Anders Samuelsson

[SOLVED] Controller problem

Post by Anders Samuelsson »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PC
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: All tried
- Issue: There seems to be somesort of controller interference (i.e. joystick, steering wheel), I have two wingman pro installed and one G920 with pedals. I cannot get the pedals to work. There is a weird flickering on the menu buttons whenever I have gamepad enabled, If I turn that off the flickering disapears. I have tried to remove all the bindings in the setup but it keeps adding them in again (the ones from my joysticks) even though I haven't added them or disconnected the joysticks or anything like that.

- Single- or Multiplayer: Single
- Steps to reproduce: install two joysticks of the same manufacturer?
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no Yes

take-care
Andy
Anders Samuelsson

Re: Controller problem

https://youtu.be/KUPOJmiJGHU

Video showing among other things the flickering.
SpidmaxCZ

Post by SpidmaxCZ »

Change setting to show controls only for keyboard, not automatic... This should fix flickering
Co-Owner | Graphic Designer of Modding Team " AgroSketch " - http://www.facebook.com/AgroSketch

Hardware:
CPU : AMD Ryzen 2700X /// GPU: GTX 1070TI 8GB Ultra Gaming OC /// RAM : 2x 8GB DDR4
Other: Logitech G27 + H Shifter, NZXT Kraken X62, NZXT H500I
Thorrus

Post by Thorrus »

Same problem here.

PC Steam version. Controllers are:

Logitech Drive Force GT (wheel)
Saitek X56 Rhino Joystick
Saitek X56 Rhino Throttle

https://youtu.be/q_LZQeyBvsk
W1der

Post by W1der »

The flickering issue sort of fixed it self for me after restarting the game ones I turned that "auto setting" off.

I get multiple lines in the inputBinding.xml also ... even though some of the controllers was never used for that function.

Also, I can not tell my two Thrustmaster joysticks apart in the calibration menu for dead zones and sensitivity ... so I dont know which one is which.
They are both named the same (this was the same in FS17).
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi guys!
Thank you for the feedback - regarding input devices: our game currently supports up to four different ones hooked up to the PC (keyboard & mouse, steering wheel & side panel for example). If you use more, the game will have some key binding conflicts, so please limit it to four when playing FS19. Also, be sure to delete the inputBindings.xml file found under Documents/MyGames/FarmingSimulator2019/inputBindings.xml after downloading the latest patch and then restarting the game. Hope this helps!
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
Sepple

Re: [READ] Controller problem

Post by Sepple »

Did not help...
I have only 3 devices connected:
- mouse
- keyboard
- xbox controller

As far as i can figure out i may be an issue with my keyboard.
I gets detected as gamepad...
Roccat ISKU+ ForceFX
W1der

Post by W1der »

x Lethian x wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:04 pm Hi guys!
Thank you for the feedback - regarding input devices: our game currently supports up to four different ones hooked up to the PC (keyboard & mouse, steering wheel & side panel for example). If you use more, the game will have some key binding conflicts, so please limit it to four when playing FS19. Also, be sure to delete the inputBindings.xml file found under Documents/MyGames/FarmingSimulator2019/inputBindings.xml after downloading the latest patch and then restarting the game. Hope this helps!
Currently your game does not even support 1 (just read the bug reports) ... :lol:
I am looking forward to a prompt fix though ... *thumbsup*

What about you changing it around so that the game does not assign random keys to the devices ... and there will be no "conflicts"?
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Sepple

Post by Sepple »

W1der wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:19 pmCurrently your game does not even support 1 (just read the bug reports) ... :lol:
I am looking forward to a prompt fix though ... *thumbsup*

What about you changing it around so that the game does not assign random keys to the devices ... and there will be no "conflicts"?
Looks like another fullprice title without betatesting to me...
I can't understand why even the most standard devices like the xbox-controller are not recognized by the game.
This works in FS17 btw...
pingu

Post by pingu »

x Lethian x wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:04 pmThank you for the feedback - regarding input devices: our game currently supports up to four different ones hooked up to the PC (keyboard & mouse, steering wheel & side panel for example).
What do we really mean here by "four devices": Is it only devices that are recognizable/programmable from inside the game, or all the devices that are hooked up to (by cable or some wireless protocol) the computer itself? It should not be the latter, since why would the game care about other types of devices? In FS17 I have four other devices not programmable from the game, and also the keyboard, mouse, flight joytick, Saitek/Logitech wheel/pedals + side panel. So it should be the first, but then why four? I guess most users (for obvious reasons) have a mouse and a keyboard connected to the computer. With (as an example) the Saitek/Logitech wheel/pedals and side panel then thats it? No joystick or second side panel?
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->
W1der

Post by W1der »

Wheel and pedals for steering, twin joysticks for front loader and crane controls (forestry), game pad for on foot action and a USB controller device for custom keys.

That is how I am used to play farm sim! ... *thumbsup*
Anders Samuelsson

I sure hope you will bring it up to at least the same amount that I can use inte FS17 :)

Otherwise some sort of in game funtion to select which four ones (or more) that are used would be appreciated.

take-care
Andy
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi!

Is this problem happening with the latest steam version update as well? Please try the following: Close the game, delete your inputBindings file. Now start the game again and remap your device (don't use any old file!). Saving and restarting the game should now not reset any bindings/changes you just made. Make sure you don't unplug anything between the restarts. if you have more input devices connected (steering wheel combo + a gamepad for example) you could also try the following: Unplug the gamepad then delete the inputBindings, now start the game and map your steering wheel however you like. Save the changes and close the game, then replug your gamepad, start the game and remap any changes as well. Your settings should be saved now. Please get back to me if this helps or not, thanks!
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
deadguy

Re: [KNOWN ISSUE] Controller problem

Post by deadguy »

I have a similar issue, I had tried plugging in a steering wheel that apparently corrupted my inputBinding.xml. Now I cannot even reset it, even if I delete the one from Documents\My Games and uninstall\reinstall FS19 I still get the corrupted inputBinding.xml back when I reinstall it. How do I stop it?
PoggleBox

Re: [KNOWN ISSUE] Controller problem

Post by PoggleBox »

I have 6 devices connected to my PC. Keyboard, Razer Nostromo PAD, Mouse, G920, X52 Pro and x-box controller. They remain connected at all times so that I don't have to remap bindings in other games. ETS2, ATS, iracing, dirt rally and DCS to name a few. If I have to unplug them just to play this one game, then I'd rather not play it because of the hassles it will cause with all the other setups.

Deleting input bindings.xml has no effect. The game picks up some controller to which it maps multiple options and calls it BEEF FEED. No idea what that is. I've tried manually editing the input bindings.xml to remove all references to BEEF FEED. I've made inputbindings read-only. Every time I launch the game, the BEEF FEED device is there and bound. Deadzone settings get reset randomly. Sometimes I can launch the game 3 or 4 times without them being reset. Sometimes they are reset at next launch. I've spent 20 hours trying to map my controls, only to have them lost or changed by the system at some random launch. The game shouldn't be setting anything by itself. Except if I choose to reset to default when I stuff up the settings myself. Even resetting to default doesn't always work. I unbound the x key from tool option 2. When I couldn't unfold my weeder because the key wasn't bound to my controller anymore, I chose reset default controls and it didn't put it back!

This makes Giants look like amateurs. Sort it out PLEASE.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10