[SOLVED] Controller Settings - Version 1.1.1.0

YNCUSNRET

[SOLVED] Controller Settings - Version 1.1.1.0

Post by YNCUSNRET »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PC
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: controller assignments
- Issue: when changing controller button assignments and saving them, the game is not saving them. After quitting game and restarting game, the controller button assignments are returned to default.
- Single- or Multiplayer: Single (Multiplayer unknown)
- Steps to reproduce:Go into Controller settings on Main menu page, select Options, choose controller settings, change settings to desired, save settings at bottom of settings page. Exit game. Start game. Check Options, controller settings.
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no Yes
Breezy1

Re: Controller Settings - Version 1.1.1.0

Post by Breezy1 »

I can confirm this bug! I get the exact same issue when editing bindings in the controls menu.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: Controller Settings - Version 1.1.1.0

Post by x Lethian x »

Can you specify what gamepad you are using? I just tried to reproduce this with an Xbox One gamepad but the game saves the input just fine - it's still there after restart.
Dies the same happen when you delete your inputBindings.xml file in the MyGames folder and then try again?
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
Focalor

Re: [READ] Controller Settings - Version 1.1.1.0

Post by Focalor »

I am having a lot of problems with my Logitech Momo Steering wheel too. It worked perfectly on game launch.
I could use it normally the whole afternoon on Thursday (22/11/18) and when I logged back in, in the evening, it started to malfunction.
I can not use the pedals as the binding of the accelerate and brake seem to be on the wrong axis or something.
When I try to rebind those functions it doesn't seem to notice I'm pressing the pedals (choosing other buttons on the wheel does get noticed by the game). When I rebind walk forward or walk backward it does notice when pressing the pedals.
Ingame effects of this were camera kept turning around (hello motion sickness!), character walked backwards automatically until I pressed the accelerate pedal and hold it down. Tractors would not move when pressing accelerate or brake pedals.
Also my menu kept scrolling but I got this fixed by removing the wheel bindings for navigating the menus (although the bindings sometimes reset and I need to remove them again).

Wheel and pedals work faultlessly in FS17, Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Project Cars 2.

Not aiming to hijack this post, just trying to contribute so the issues can be fixed.

If you guys need more info, please, feel free to ask!
Breezy1

Post by Breezy1 »

I am using the following devices: Virpil T50 Mongoose Grip + WarBRD Base/T50 Throttle and Thrustmaster TMX Pro Wheel/Pedal Set (no gamepad).

This is a lot of hardware, I understand. I have no specific GUI I/O programming software running with these devices, just the drivers and firmware that comes with them. I am attempting to bind all the buttons and axis in-game via your 'gamepad' menu/GUI.

Sometimes the binds are saved when the client restarts, but most times I get a host of my device outputs randomly selected and bound as default when I go back into the controls menu after a restart. Very frustrating! ;)
Thorrus

Post by Thorrus »

Still don't work

Game version: 1.1.1 PC Steam
Controllers: Logitech Driving Force GT wheel
Saitek X56 Rhino joystick
Saitek X56 Rhino throttle
Logitech G910 USB gaming keyboard
Logitech G502 USB gaming mouse

Menu permanently scrolls up, keybinding don't save users changes and returns to default. keybindings.xml deleted multiple times.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Please retry this with patch 1.1.3:
viewtopic.php?p=1052571#p1052571

If needed, please also install the newest software update for any logitech input devices you are using:
https://support.logitech.com/en_ch/software/lgs

After this all should be working like a charm ;)
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images