[SOLVED] Contracts Disappearing

cmdrbyron

Re: Contracts Disappearing

Post by cmdrbyron » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:22 pm

Arrancar88 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:00 pm
Interesting, but what about Baling contracts never showing up?
I don't know what to say - I've had several show up across both default maps, and it looks like others have as well.

Recall that there are several different crop-types, of which grass is but one - the one needed to trigger the mowing/baling missions. If we assume that each crop is weighted equally, then there is a 1-in-12 chance that grass will be selected for any given field. That's less than 10% chance (8.333%) for any given field, noting that there is only one chance per growth cycle.

IIRC, I seem to recall that root crops were negatively biased in FS17, so as to be less likely. The same could apply to grass, lest some players end up gazing upon a map full of nothing but grass!

From a gameplay perspective, baling missions are some of the more intensive ones, especially hay, where you need to:
- Mow
- Turn over (using a tedder)
- Windrow (optional, but highly recommended)
- Bale
- Collect
- Transport (can be multiple runs, potentially across the entirety of the map)

So this could be the basis for such a negative bias as well.

Haven't seen a straw baling mission (or as a component to a harvesting mission). So am unable to speak to those.

edit - removed logical inconsistency :)

Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:32 pm

cmdrbyron wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:22 pm
Arrancar88 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:00 pm
Interesting, but what about Baling contracts never showing up?
I don't know what to say - I've had several show up across both default maps, and it looks like others have as well.

Recall that there are several different crop-types, of which grass is but one - the one needed to trigger the mowing/baling missions. If we assume that each crop is weighted equally, then there is a 1-in-12 chance that grass will be selected for any given field. That's less than 10% chance (8.333%) for any given field, noting that there is only one chance per growth cycle.

IIRC, I seem to recall that root crops were negatively biased in FS17, so as to be less likely. The same could apply to grass, lest some players end up gazing upon a map full of nothing but grass!

From a gameplay perspective, baling missions are some of the more intensive ones, especially hay, where you need to:
- Mow
- Turn over (using a tedder)
- Windrow (optional, but highly recommended)
- Bale
- Collect
- Transport (can be multiple runs, potentially across the entirety of the map)

So this could be the basis for such a negative bias as well.

Haven't seen a straw baling mission (or as a component to a harvesting mission). So am unable to speak to those.

edit - removed logical inconsistency :)
Even with 10% chance people should have gotten some already. I am 30 hours in(13 in game days on Ravenport) and not a single one yet. I heard people who played for 70 or even 90 hours do not have them as well. I even tried new game on Felsbrunn, but nothing after 2 in game days.
From what I heard you are supposed to get them first day after you start new game, or pretty much never.
I hope incoming patch will also fix this.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:

Rahkiin
GIANTS Software | Gameplay Programmer

Post by Rahkiin » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:28 pm

The issue has been solved. Seeding missions now work, and NPCs also seed again so fields don't forever stay in a cultivated state.

EDIT: this might also have caused baling contracts to disappear. Try again with the next patch, as I can see them being generated.

authentiiic

Post by authentiiic » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:29 pm

Rahkiin wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:28 pm
The issue has been solved. Seeding missions now work, and NPCs also seed again so fields don't forever stay in a cultivated state.

EDIT: this might also have caused baling contracts to disappear. Try again with the next patch, as I can see them being generated.
Is there something that I need to do in order for the contracts to start showing back up again? I logged back into the game once this was marked as
[RESOLVED] , and fast forwarded a couple days and saw no changes. Do I need to completely restart?

lchinrichsen

Post by lchinrichsen » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:38 pm

authentiiic wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:29 pm
Rahkiin wrote:

Is there something that I need to do in order for the contracts to start showing back up again? I logged back into the game once this was marked as
[RESOLVED] , and fast forwarded a couple days and saw no changes. Do I need to completely restart?
GIANTS Tags
[SOLVED]
Solved can mean two different things. First: If a bug disappeared all the sudden, it's solved (sometimes a simple reboot can work wonders). The 2nd version would be, that we've fixed the problem on our internal servers and that it will be solved for our players in a future patch. Please keep in mind: SOLVED can mean, that you are still experiencing the issue, as long as we haven't patched the game.

authentiiic

Post by authentiiic » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:54 pm

lchinrichsen wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:38 pm
authentiiic wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:29 pm
Rahkiin wrote:

GIANTS Tags
[SOLVED]
Solved can mean two different things. First: If a bug disappeared all the sudden, it's solved (sometimes a simple reboot can work wonders). The 2nd version would be, that we've fixed the problem on our internal servers and that it will be solved for our players in a future patch. Please keep in mind: SOLVED can mean, that you are still experiencing the issue, as long as we haven't patched the game.

Ok, so in your opinion should I restart my save or just wait for a patch to come out. I'm playing on hard mode so I basically can't advance any further in the game without the extra money from contracts.

jenxy

Post by jenxy » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:59 pm

authentiiic wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:54 pm
Ok, so in your opinion should I restart my save or just wait for a patch to come out. I'm playing on hard mode so I basically can't advance any further in the game without the extra money from contracts.
Just wait for the patch. The devs have said elsewhere that you won't need to start a new game: viewtopic.php?f=963&t=134098&p=1049787#p1049771