[NO BUG] Cant remove water from trailer

Here you find reports of bugs, that have been fixed.
Should you encounter similar symptoms to a bug that is listed here, please create a thread in Technical Support: viewforum.php?f=964
Fortier90

[NO BUG] Cant remove water from trailer

Post by Fortier90 »

I cant remove water from tanker semi-trailer like the way you empty the sprayers and spreaders (not that i'd like it to create a water palet beside of the trailer... only open the valve and flush it out )
is it a bug or I'm doing it the wrong way?
drox1961

Re: Cant remove water from trailer

Post by drox1961 »

Im having the same problem with it also. the IT runner, liquids tank. Ive tried everything and tried it on all my green houses along with my hoorses, cattle, pigs, sheep and chickens. It doesnt work anywhere at all. I wish they would fix it soon. everything is dying. Im losing money.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: Cant remove water from trailer

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi there! It's not possible to "unload" water from tanks anywhere other than the animal/greenhouse triggers.
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
Phigo

Re: [NO BUG] Cant remove water from trailer

Post by Phigo »

What about a reset to the store? That should "empty" the Watertank.
PS4 und PC
Avegooday

Post by Avegooday »

Sorry if my english is not perfect (not my first language) but from what I understand, the problem is you cannot empty the water tank in order to then fill it with milk when the equipment accept both types. When looking for a nice water trailer for myself, I finally found a pack that should solve your problem. There are many liquid tankers in the pack (including one for IT runner), choice of colors, animations and they have a nice look. But the most useful function for me is that you can refill a tank even if there is still other liquid in it, the old fill type is simply overwritten by the new one. That mod is named "LSFM Universal Tank Pack" (actual version 1.0.0.1). I'm not sure if I can give you a link but just Google the name and you'll easily find many mod sites with it.

In the following images, you can see that from a small trailer full with water, I was then able to fill it with milk without emptying the tank. Doing this the other way (milk to water) is also possible although you normally sell the milk to empty the trailer. Note that in any case, you must always open the cover in order to fill (as shown in the last image with an IT runner tank)

click to enlarge
Image__Image__Image

In the log file, only a small error caused by a mistype in the file "lsfmUniversalTankTrailerSemi32000L.xml" which can be easily corrected...
Extract "lsfmUniversalTankTrailerSemi32000L.xml" from the zip and open it with any text editor. Then, look for the strings...

Code: Select all

<sounds>
  <hydraulic file="sounds/cover.wav" innerRadius="5.0" outerRadius="45.0" indoor="0.40" outdoor="0.90" linkNode="cover"/>
</sounds>

and replace it with

<sounds>
  <hydraulic file="sounds/cover.wav" innerRadius="5.0" outerRadius="45.0" indoor="0.40" outdoor="0.90" linkNode="coverLeft1"/>
</sounds>
When done, save your changes, put back the 'xml' file in the zip and everything should work fine without any errors in the log.
Hoping it may help you (and others) with this issue, have a good day !
drox1961

Post by drox1961 »

I finally figured it out. they work fine at the green house (except the large ones I guess the trigger mechanism is to high for them) but you cant use the large ones at the pig and cow barns where you have to drive inside to empty, The doors are too low ( they want us to make several trips even when you have a few hundred head of each!) thank god the ant sized water tank fits otherwise I would spend a year carrying a bucket,,,LOL LOL. And dont try to drive a semi inside either... I had to push it all the way through with my single tire large challenger that rubs bad to! took me bout an hour,,, Not sure how I'm going to get the milk out of there... they only offer semi size tankers and I have several hundred head. Maybe I should let them graze free in an open fiels and walk down the roads like the traffic does. LOL LOL. REckon I might be able to use my four Big Buds and set one each under a corner of the barn to raise it up so I can drive through. LOL LOL. Thanks all I appreciate the input from everyone.