Size of land not showing when buying land

Skunkworks

Size of land not showing when buying land

Post by Skunkworks »

This is an odd omission but when I want to buy a piece of land, it does not show you how large the land is that you want to buy.

For contracts it shows the size of fields, which is not exactly the same as a piece of land, but perhaps the original field sizes of the land that you buy can be shown?
hpmc13

Re: Size of land not showing when buying land

Post by hpmc13 »

I'm pretty sure that land is 60,000 per hectare.
Playing on PC
Skunkworks

Post by Skunkworks »

I was not aware of this, thank you. Is this official? In any case it would still be nice to represent the size of land when you buy it in the UI.
Eische

Post by Eische »

Yes, 60000 per hectare is the price used in the giants official maps.
In mod maps that might be different.

But there is an additional parameter called priceScale involved which can be set for specific areas. This can be used for example to increase the price of the BGP land. That area is usually quite small. For balancing reasons, sometimes there is a scale factor applied, to adjust the price of this area.

Anyway, the price you see in the menu is the price for whole area you want to buy. But as the actual field inside of that area is not using the full space, you need to estimate the field size again.

I usually check the missions tab to get the size of a certain field. This can be used as reference to estimate the size of the other fields.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

True - this is not a bug but more of a feature request. Moving the post accordingly to General Discussions.
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images