[SOLVED] Unable to refill planters with seed

Here you find reports of bugs, that have been fixed.
Should you encounter similar symptoms to a bug that is listed here, please create a thread in Technical Support: viewforum.php?f=964
EJgaming

[SOLVED] Unable to refill planters with seed

Post by EJgaming »

- PC
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object:
Wheeloader
Seed
Planters
- Issue:
I use wheelloader to fill my tools with fertilizer, seed, lime. Works fine for all except planters i want to buy. I have my fertilizer, seed and lime stored loose on the ground, and use wheelloader with a shovel (the standard 3000L) to fill the tools. The tested planters will fill fertilizer this way, but not seed.
- Single- or Multiplayer:
Singleplayer
- Steps to reproduce:
Load seed in a trailer and put it on the ground, use a wheelloader to load it from the ground, (or fill seed in the shovel of the wheelloader) and try to fill any of the mentioned planters.
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no
Felsbrunn, have some mods from modhub, but problem is unrelated to those
- Which vehicles & machines are involved:
JCB 435 S with standard shovel (wheelloader)
Horsch Maestro 12 SW (planter)
Horsch Maestro SW 16.75 (planter)
Horsch Maestro SW 24.75 (planter)
Väderstad Tempo L 16 (planter)

EDIT: Problem solved, only had to "aim" the shovel better. :blushnew:
Last edited by EJgaming on Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
PC
Norway
Avegooday

Re: Unable to refill planters with seed

Post by Avegooday »

The equipment mentionned above are "planters" which are supposed to receive only certain types of seeds such as corn, sunflowers, soja, beets and cotton as listed in the store description when you buy it. Not sure if I got you right but if you're trying to fill wheat, barley or other "regular" seeds, you will need a "Seeder" and not a "Planter". Some mods have been adapted to accept both but to be sure, refer to the description in the store that will tell you what type of seed the equipment can handle.
LS09God

Post by LS09God »

Avegooday wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:28 am The equipment mentionned above are "planters" which are supposed to receive only certain types of seeds such as corn, sunflowers, soja, beets and cotton as listed in the store description when you buy it. Not sure if I got you right but if you're trying to fill wheat, barley or other "regular" seeds, you will need a "Seeder" and not a "Planter". Some mods have been adapted to accept both but to be sure, refer to the description in the store that will tell you what type of seed the equipment can handle.
What you're saying is absolutely true, but OP is using "seeds" that will fill any seeder or planter. The tool you're filling with it decides what actually gets in it, serial crops or root crops.
Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
Corsair 32Gb DDR4 internal mem.
Sandisk 1Tb SSD as boot and game drive.
Samsung 1Tb hdd for general storage.
Gigabyte RTX2070 super graphics card.
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Logitech G27, G13. Saiteck HOTAS pro.
Razer BlackWidow Keyboard.
Fiber connection.
EJgaming

Post by EJgaming »

Avegooday wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:28 am The equipment mentionned above are "planters" which are supposed to receive only certain types of seeds such as corn, sunflowers, soja, beets and cotton as listed in the store description when you buy it. Not sure if I got you right but if you're trying to fill wheat, barley or other "regular" seeds, you will need a "Seeder" and not a "Planter". Some mods have been adapted to accept both but to be sure, refer to the description in the store that will tell you what type of seed the equipment can handle.
I mean fill the planters or the seeders with the seed pallet bought from the shop. That works, but if you fill the shovel on a wheelloader and try to fill the planters that way, they refuse to accept. The seeders works fine, and they both accept fertilizer filled this way, but not seed for the planters. They will only allow directly from the pallet.
PC
Norway
Avegooday

Post by Avegooday »

Hello warz, sorry if I didn't understand you correctly the 1st time but English is not my first language and was only trying to help.
I have made a few tests using the Horsch Maestro 12 SW (planter) with a small tractor with shovel and it was not easy to fill but I finally did it.
At first, I used the shovel on a "flat" surface but with no success. Then, I used an Auger wagon and after several attempts, I finally found the right spot and it worked. However, the opening for the seeds (the one at the back) is rather small and difficult to access. Since the unload process should work the same way for a shovel, I decided to try again but from an higher platform and again, if well positionned for the small opening, I was able to unload the shovel. By the way, don't forget to open the small cover because I'm not sure it will open automatically.

Click to enlarge
Image___Image

So, you now have the choice to use the auger wagon (which will also allow you to refill your equipment elsewhere on the map) or install a Placeable Ramp to give you a better access for unloading. Hoping this may help, have a good day !
EJgaming

Post by EJgaming »

Thanks for answer and help, I always appreciate it. *thumbsup* Even if you misunderstood the first time, thats no problem at all, my english isn't that good either.

Looks like I have to do some more testing, I only tried from the side opening are facing with covers open, maybe I should try from different angles.

Thanks for your help. *thumbsup*

EDIT:

Feel a little stupid, when I tested more and made it work fine on first go. Just had to place wheeloader further back on the tool, probably better aimed where the seed is supposed to go. So they all work fine, and I have to do more thorough testing next time. :blushnew:
PC
Norway