Re: Fs 21 discussion thread

Post by iwan073 »

Now he’s one of us... “normal” people 😄
Ignorance is bliss
Frick

Post by Frick »

Now here is a real challenge:
Make it possible to use all mods from FS19 in coming games.
I assume the maker of the mod would not mind. In that case they should be able to cancel the mod for FS21.
There are some great mods for FS19, but I miss some from FS17.
I realize that this perhaps is impossible, but what the heck I can have dream, right?
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:44 pm Sorry to see that. You were a good one.
Agreed. Sorry about the drama, hope life is better now.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

So many good suggestions, and I agree with 99% of them.

But one of the things that have caught my eye is, if you are a real life contractor, yon can easily take on more than one contract at a time, especially now that they aren't timed.. Yes I know, I would have to hire my own worker to cultivate one field while I (or another hired) sow another field - but that's how it works in real life - most contractors have several workers to drive all their machinery.

So the ability to accept more than one contract at a time! *thumbsup*
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
DeejsDeej

Post by DeejsDeej »

My first idea would be to have some sort of irrigation like flood irrigation or centre pivot irrigation http://www.lindsay.com/common/getimage. ... 0&height=0

And Also should have to round the cows up for milking and be able to move them beetween paddocks down a laneway where there are multiple paddocks on the sides and you can choose what paddock to put them in where the grass has grown

and maybe have some machinery that you can buy driving around the maps as npc

also for my last point id like to say . gearboxes would be good and you would actually have to shift gears maybe?
DeejsDeej

Post by DeejsDeej »

Dinesen_Jr wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:48 pm I think there should be added mud so that when it rains the ground gets wet and muddy and tractors will sink into it and maybe get stuck
i second this it would be another thing that would add realism and maybe make it so you would have to pull the tractors out
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

DeejsDeej wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:57 am
Dinesen_Jr wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:48 pm I think there should be added mud so that when it rains the ground gets wet and muddy and tractors will sink into it and maybe get stuck
i second this it would be another thing that would add realism and maybe make it so you would have to pull the tractors out
I think you're asking too much of the hardware. Mudrunner does that but doesn't have to track a whole map's worth of fields.
Obviously, a combination of Mudrunner and FS would be fantastic but I doubt we will see that for a few years yet.
garyst

Post by garyst »

Think I will keep it simple and just list the top three things I will be looking for in fs21 before I will buy it.
1. U.S. versions of farm equipment.
2. More realistic looking crops and field textures.
3. Seasons already included into the base game.
Lygge

Post by Lygge »

Here is my wish list for 2021 games:
- Same Fortis 190, from fs17

Fields:
- In rain, water flows through fields and ditches
- Drain system. Purchased and made separately for each owner's field, if if farmer like so. With out some of ditches or the drain, water flows ower the fields it may to taking nutrients and destroying seedlings too.
- During dry periods, the farmer irrigates his fields. Crops wilt if if water is not available.

Animals
- :-D The pigs and cows don´t eat grains. Actually pig needs, on a real farm, fine grinding than cows. Cows digestion like better flattened cereals.
- All we pooh ;-) I mean the manure silo should be found in every stable of animals.
- It would be nice if the eggs were collected like fs17 but placed in egg cell. About 30 cpl and then to the transport box. Working with eggs is very manual.

Ok here is my hots.
Have lovely day yours Lygge
Playing at PC via Origin
NorthernFarmer

Post by NorthernFarmer »

cwattyeso wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:54 pm When it comes to the Seasons Mod, it's rather a lot like Marmite, some people love it, some people hate it. Should it be integrated and implemented into FS21. Maybe. If it was an actual Game Mode when starting a Map, so you have currently New Farmer, Farm Manager and Start From Scratch in FS19, well in FS21 add Seasons to that list. That way the people who really want to play with Seasons and think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread can do so. Then for the rest of the players who don't really care for seasons and how limited and restrictive it makes their gameplay, they can still play the game without it.

I don't ever think something like Seasons should be forced on players with no option to turn it off or configure it. My feeling playing Seasons in FS19 (I never played it in FS17, as had stopped playing the game before it got released) is that its fun to play once on a map, but I wouldn't want to play it all the time and on every map. Also from multiplayer perspective a lot of people don't like it, because it restricts what players can do for the majority of time. Sure in Spring and Autumn when there's field to prepare, seed, harvest etc it's fun, but the consensus opinion from players on multiplayer servers I've been on is that during Summer and Winter the game is very boring with nothing to do, and even if players decide to go do contract work to keep busy, that gets boring because all the contracts are for the same type of work.

I guess it comes down really to how far Giants want to push the "Simulator" aspect within Farming Simulator. There is a risk if they make it too realistic and too much like real life, it'll lose appeal to a lot of people and stop feeling like a game and more like work. Yes there are going to be players that want the most ultra hardcore brutal, painful, realistic experience and they'll complain and be angry if they don't get it. However Giants is trying to make and sell a product to millions of people and not just a couple of hundred very vocal ones.
I think it's a huge assumption on your part that only a couple hundred people play a simulation game for the simulation aspect .
I'd wager to say the demographic would be the complete opposite and the super funsies easy mode guys would be in the minority .

Giants would exponentially expand their player base by pushing the simulation aspect surely no one buys farming Simulator expecting farmville . Maybe that's wrong for me to assume but the idea that the vast majority of players of a simulation game are arcade super easy fun times seems backwards.

The limiting factor is consoles , we all know it . They are no where near powerful enough to run advanced simulations and the pc players are gimped by it .
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

NorthernFarmer I didn't want to specifically make any reference to Consoles or Console Players, as that typically leads to me getting lots of hate and stuff thrown my way. PC Players have always been and came from Simulator Backgrounds for many years we were the home platform of every simulation game out there. However times have moved on and now companies release games on Consoles, because as hard as it is to believe, a lot of people buy them and use them, so companies want to make money off these people. Sadly as you alluded due to the Console Limitations the Simulation Games have been a bit watered down and diluted due to them being cross-published on those platforms and also because its not a great leap to say that console players tend to be of a younger age group. In the 90s on PC playing Flight Sims, companies knew their audience were 30-60 year olds and knew they could make the simulations complicated and realistic because people that age would see it more as a hobby and take the time to learn something, and that the people buying the games had much longer attention spans. Today with the Fortnite Generation, if you make anything where they would need to sit and read a manual first to be able to play, they aren't going to play the game.

Thats why I said anything like Seasons or anything more Simulatory and Realistic would need to be a game-mode within the game, otherwise Giants could turn off a lot of their current customers and buyers if they can't just turn the game on and play it as it is now in it's current state of realism.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Why not just call it Farm Game 21 and have done with it, That's the way it is heading in any case. Anyway, I don't care any longer as I will not be buying it. I'm done with them.
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Would love to see:
-ability to remove hedges that map makers put around the fields with either chainsaw or some forestry machine
-proper NPK fertilizing system with NPK calculator like its been introduced recently in C.a.t.t.l.e and C.r.o.p.s game, take a look at that
levenminis

Post by levenminis »

What I would like to see for the next release is ...
1. fixed contracts for specific crops to specific 'companies' rather than just delivering whatever, wherever under the 'Great demand at...' comment. (Such as potatoes for crisp factory or barley/wheat to a brewery, beet to a sugar refinery etc, but under contract conditions)
This would in effect, entail the need for better management of crop rotation and field usage in order to produce enough crops in the season to complete the contract, and of course incurring penalties if the contract was not completed on time.

2. The ability to choose left or right hand driving on all maps

3. Some sort of placeable 'marker', visible on maps to denote such as remote silo locations, (especially useful for large fields on 4x maps.) I currently use small forklifts, parked close to remote silos, so I can see from the map which one is closest to the area of the field I am working. (OR ... make silo's visible on the maps.)
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

From my point of view:

1. Make it as easy as possible to update mods from FS19 to FS21 -- maybe even automated; to have as many mods at launch as possible.

2. Give GIANTS Editor some attention - there's a lot of simple UI/UX that can be improved to make life easier.

3. Fix the placable "build your own farm" - which also needs fixing GE so that saleable/optional items can be edited a part of a map.

... and the big one ...

4 . Split the product! Make a simplistic ordinary version at $LowPrice for those people who just want to drive tractors on an endless summer's day and a Hardcore/Professional version for those who want simulation, for which they can charge more: That sounds a lot of work but it's really a matter of pre-setting some options and not exposing them in the UI
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads