Fs 21 discussion thread

Share your creations with us!
Chester98

Re: Fs 21 discussion thread

Post by Chester98 »

Male animals, especially bulls & steers.
player1s

Post by player1s »

Custom new game.

For example, you select the map and then select what locations you already own. Select which equipment you own and your starting money.

I understand this is all possible on pc with save-game editing but for us console plebs and less technical pc users this would be a nice way to do start off exactly how we want to.
ar1g3

Post by ar1g3 »

I'd love to see more variety in the farming that you can do. Right now we have standard crops, forestry, animals, and cotton/sugarcane, but it would be nice to add fruit trees, or vineyards.

Also, making terrain deformable by certain machinery, like diggers and frontloaders.

And make the camera feel more realistic. Right now, all the suspension and dampening is in the vehicle, but it would be nice if the camera itself also moves around. In reality your head does this too. Might not be easy to create this because if it's not done correctly I think you'll quickly get seasick..

EDIT: Oh and organic farming!!! That would be super cool! A farming mode where you have to follow the same rules as in real life, using adapted fertilizers and pesticides like copper and sulfur. Rules for feeding animals, etc
Belgian solo mod maker
My YouTube channel - for videos of my mods
My FS Nation space - news and updates
I speak Dutch, French and English.
DeejsDeej

Post by DeejsDeej »

DeejsDeej wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:21 am My first idea would be to have some sort of irrigation like flood irrigation or centre pivot irrigation http://www.lindsay.com/common/getimage. ... 0&height=0

And Also should have to round the cows up for milking and be able to move them beetween paddocks down a laneway where there are multiple paddocks on the sides and you can choose what paddock to put them in where the grass has grown

and maybe have some machinery that you can buy driving around the maps as npc

also for my last point id like to say . gearboxes would be good and you would actually have to shift gears maybe?
reposting to see peoples opinions?
M2_Farmer

Post by M2_Farmer »

Something I like to see in the upcoming Fs

-Crops like lavender and carrots
-More types of older machinery and small tractors without a cab
-undo or reset for the landscape tool
-Make the map more alive with more different animals. Like they started of in fs19 with birds. And a more natural behaviour of the pedestrians :)
- The mission system is great it only need more different missions and more variety in machinery.
- Horses are after some time quite boring. Maybe we can use them for plowing the land? or something like horse races.
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

About this time I suspect Giants is looking for ideas for FS 19 now that they have a budget approved and a basic timeline worked out. (internally, none of this has been confirmed.) That being basically known, then, I think I should offer a few things so they don't miss them in the early stages of building FS23. We know from a previous thread that Giants will most definitely be referencing this forum before anything else when looking for ideas...
After they work out the capabilities of the new consoles and figure out all the tweeks and improvements to the game engine they will be able to do here are some things to start with.
Start with the player experience: how we experience the world. As of now we are a floating camera and we are about 5 feet thick and can jump about 7 feet high. We assume we look normal because we see ourselves in tractors as we drive, and we see others on multiplayer. Maybe switch to 3rd person and improve the smoothness of travel through tight spaces; improve mechanics working with buttons and light switches, and add more life to the character, such as customization; kicking his feet while standing there, taking his hat off and scratching his head, etc. This would add a new level of realism that is as simple as adjusting the lens.
Next, mods available on release. Imagine if all the current mods that would still apply could easily be transferred to the new game, such as maps and standard equipment. Work upfront to develop a conversion software to make this possible would save so much testing and re-approvaling in the years following release. I don't really know how the mods work, but the point is mods available on release somehow.
Next, physics updates. As of now FS is known for it's physics anomalies, such as hitting a sign at 60 mph and stopping still, or pallets sliding around on the ground like its an air-hockey table. Realistic friction and physics, would take the clumsy way we currently handle things and add a smoother, more realistic experience.
Weather: improving the sky is a must, but also work on adding realism to moisture in the air. For example, add fog in the morning, or show the rain approaching like you can irl as a storm bank approaches. Also, working on tree movement during wind.
Lastly, add the surprises I'm sure the Giants team have been secretly researching for months.
These couple changes up front would bring the game more in the direction of games like Assassin's Creed, where it really feels like you are outside. This game has come a long ways with graphics already and I hope even more progress is possible.
monkeysparrow 2

Post by monkeysparrow 2 »

1. Career mode, with variable yearly goals, random events and the need to recruit and retain employees. Natural disasters, weather events and more engagement than simply keep farming and earn credit. A clear ability to use either own employees or to tender work to a computer contractor. Penalty for machine damage, road rule penalties. The options here are unlimited.

2. Machinery auctions. Have older equipment and second-hand machines available in live bidding auctions. The game should have a pre-defined pool of machines that retain hours per game cycle regardless of the owner to enhance the feel of buying used equipment.

3. Some level of dynamic ground, also uneven tracks. The flat feeling of the ground level has remained constant throughout the series and needs to be updated.

4. The difficulty level is the trigger to turn on seasons mode with snow and rain effect, creating frozen/wet/dry ground.

But this won't happen, it will simply be more machines, shiny graphics, and a few more gimmicks
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

monkeysparrow 2 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:25 am 1. Career mode, with variable yearly goals, random events and the need to recruit and retain employees. Natural disasters, weather events and more engagement than simply keep farming and earn credit. A clear ability to use either own employees or to tender work to a computer contractor. Penalty for machine damage, road rule penalties. The options here are unlimited.
No, no, no. The beauty of FS and why so many enjoy it is exactly because the game doesn't have goals. The relaxing nature of the game is why it's so successful. By all means add extended achievements, but not as part of the game play itself.

Natural disasters simply are something that most of us don't really experience. We all see storms of course, but they're beyond the scope of FS at the moment; you won't see properly flattened or weather damaged crops in FS any time soon (they'd need to be visual to add anything), so adding things like tornadoes and earthquakes would be redundant. FS19 had its share of gimmicks already (the bloody dog). Keep them in your city building games for the time being!

No point in having proper employees until we get a solid AI which can do more (eg one which can do headlands and work around objects, not take three or four runs to avoid a single telegraph pole). I dearly hope the AI is improved in FS2x and that they can do more fieldwork (baling and silage harvesting), but I appreciate a better AI with employees driving to and from fields and mingling with the other road traffic would be a lot harder to do.

This was one of the early goals of MasterBrainBytes with AI traffic, and while it looked brilliant in their video demos, what the game actually served up was a far more watered down version little better than FS. The employees are able to drive to and from fields though, so it does have that one over GIANTS. It will come at some point though.

It would make more sense to have the same hired helpers appearing though. So if you hire a worker (who's a woman wearing blue), quickly un-hire then re-hire them again, that they don't turn into a man wearing red.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

A career-mode would be brilliant, except the natural disasters..

A career-mode would be an optional way of playing the game, not for all ofcourse. And the ability to choose this would be nice.
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

A choice between EU and US config for warning signs, and maybe a few more US style trailers for the semis
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

I think a career mode would be fun, alongside the sandbox mode we have now. Maybe have contracts and quotas that need to be met every year, but make it an optional way to play. This would force you to pick up quotas and plant that specific crop.

I also think it would be cool to be able to rent your equipment to other farmers on the map. As in Mr Jones that owns field 5 needs a cultivator and will pay you X amount of money to use yours. Then it disappears for as long as it would take an AI worker to cultivate that field and reappear along with payment when he’s done.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
scottishtomo

Post by scottishtomo »

I would like to see VR supported in the new version
greenblood44

Post by greenblood44 »

I would like to know how to put the bucket on the ground when cleaning feeding areas with out having to go to an external view. A shortcut key would be nice Like "L" for level or something so it puts the bucket and boom at ground height and level.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

If your on pc there is a mod that shows how level it is.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
DeejsDeej

Post by DeejsDeej »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:26 pm If your on pc there is a mod that shows how level it is.
Where can i find that mod and whats it called?