Fs 21 discussion thread

Share your creations with us!
Dairydeere

Re: Fs 21 discussion thread

Post by Dairydeere »

Expect the successor of FS19 to be in another 12 months or so. GIants has still been focusing on DLCs, once the new consoles come out they are firing on all cylinders to push the next game out
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

And dont focus too much on the release-date. It wont be as playable as FS19 is now, and there will be very few mods compared to what u have been used to with the present game, and some expectations regarding features will not be met.And will there be seasons or not? But eventually, FS2X will be a brilliant game.
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

I hope FS2X will be brilliant, FS19 isn't really optimized properly. I still lag with an i5-6500 and RTX 2060, thought the lag would've gotten better after upgrading my card. Hell, even The Squad on YouTube has lag... and he's got an RTX 2080! So I would hope FS2X will be more optimized since we are going to be waiting longer for the next release.

For the lag, I know it's because of mods, but I can barely put down one shed, two silos, a house, one combine, two tractors, a few implements and truck without it loosing 5-10 fps on a 4x map with graphics setting on Medium...
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Ham_N_Cheese

Post by Ham_N_Cheese »

Crops: Rye, Sweet Corn, Sweet Potatoes, Peanuts, and Carrots.

Vehicles and equipment: New pickups (Chevy, Ford, Dodge, GMC), possible Service Truck (could be Lizard), JD Seeders, JD and Case mowing and baling, JD Forestry equipment, Gleaner combines, expansion of Unverferth line (have a 8000L Seed tender in the FS19, also have fertilizer spreaders, grain carts, and hay equipment) expansion of Great Plains (Have a seeder in game, have more seeders and drills, alongside tillage equipment) and MacDon headers.

Directly be able to sell your products (like a farmers market or supermarket?) You could sell your crops that could be sold easily (such as sweet corn, sweet potatoes, potatoes, carrots, milk, and meat) You could make daily income as long as products are stocked. A daily maintenance fee would be charged too (roughly 75-150, depending on how much is there. You have fees no matter whether it is stocked or not.) Products such as sunflower seeds, canola oil, sunflower oil, butter, cheese, and flour could also be sold, with extra processing fees (I imagine a flat fee around 250-500) every time you bring product to be sold, BUT you also make more money. This would require a few more buildings (flour mill, milk processing plant, oil prosessors.) There could also be a placeable flour mill on your farm too, maybe the same with butter and cheese.

Would also like to see the option to keep some harvest back for seed, to cut down costs

Buy seed in bulk from a dealer (add another building for seed, fertilizer, chemical store) and have the dealer fill your planter/sower/spreader/sprayer or a truck/trailer for storage.

I would like to see the worker measure fixed so you could have them haul grain to silos or sell points like what RedJester commented, but I would also like to see helpers run grain carts too.
Hoosier farmer

Post by Hoosier farmer »

As a console player, I would definitely love to see more mods on consoles, but most of all 4x maps, which looks like a possibility with the next-gen consoles. Realistically-sized fields On US maps are half the 1x map, which is boring.
Another thing on my wish list is smarter helpers. it’s a pain to run trucks and an auger wagon at the same time; if hired help could run trucks like that, it would be a big step up, both in realism and playability. Along with doing headlands and being able to work anything other than fields with perfect right angles, of course.
On a more personal note, I would love to see the locomotive fixed. I am smarter than the average bear when it comes to trains, and it’s obvious the design is based off the EMD SD40-2. That is a six-axle engine, but the Fs19 model has only four axles, and it looks so wrong to me, like golf cart tires on a pickup truck. More interaction with the train, such as adding cars, would be nice as well.
Farming101

Post by Farming101 »

I would like to see irrigation, and manual terraforming(using skidsteers, payloaders, etc.) more machinery, more maps, even better graphics, precision farming, and the ability to have FS21 on consoles like the XBOX One, as well as newer consoles. Doesn’t anyone know if that last one may happen?
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Farming101 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:32 pm I would like to see irrigation, and manual terraforming(using skidsteers, payloaders, etc.) more machinery, more maps, even better graphics, precision farming, and the ability to have FS21 on consoles like the XBOX One, as well as newer consoles. Doesn’t anyone know if that last one may happen?
If you are referring to FS21 hopefully coming to consoles, GIants has stated the whole reason the next FS edition has been delayed is because they are waiting to make sure it comes to all new and current consoles.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
Farming101

Post by Farming101 »

Dairydeere wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:52 am
Farming101 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:32 pm I would like to see irrigation, and manual terraforming(using skidsteers, payloaders, etc.) more machinery, more maps, even better graphics, precision farming, and the ability to have FS21 on consoles like the XBOX One, as well as newer consoles. Doesn’t anyone know if that last one may happen?
If you are referring to FS21 hopefully coming to consoles, GIants has stated the whole reason the next FS edition has been delayed is because they are waiting to make sure it comes to all new and current consoles.

Thanks Dairydeere, however I was referring to this being possible with older consoles like the XBOX One, alongside XBOX X and PS5.
560 acre family farm, grain and beef operation. FS19 on XBOX ONE and PC. Growing YouTube channel!

IronHorse Modding
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Ah, ok. I am not sure which older consoles they will make it available for

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Dairydeere wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:52 am If you are referring to FS21 hopefully coming to consoles, GIants has stated the whole reason the next FS edition has been delayed is because they are waiting to make sure it comes to all new and current consoles.
I don't think they've said whether or not they're coming to current consoles, only that they were waiting to see the next gen first. They presumably know the hardware and have the dev kits by now for the next gen, but time will tell whether they shift enough units in the first year for GIANTS' liking.

Still, given the global pandemic and early decisions which have probably already been made, I can't see anything other than a rather hobbled FS22 being held back for current gen too. Can't blame GIANTS for that of course, but some areas of the game will be suitable for an archaeological excavation by the time FS24/25 comes along.

I hope we're in a position where GIANTS can afford to gamble on next gen/PC only, and if so we ought to have some nice new and expanded features. I can't see any major improvements if they have to keep current gen in mind though.
IanM

Post by IanM »

Would multi terrain angles be to much to ask for? You know so the furrows follow the plough or seeder and not run off at an angle!
MORE CROPS and also more relevant to the county the map is of: Sugar cane and cotton, in northern Europe! Really??
If you must have the weeds idea can you at least do it in a way that they are delt with once in a season and thats it.
Lime..... Not every crop needs lime. Lime reduces the acidity some crops need more acidity. Others neutral.
It would be nice to be able to choose with of the farms on a map we would like as a start place.
Pallets. What is wrong with them Half the time they are impossible to pick up. The rest of the time impossible to put down. This needs to be fixed. Bales are still a mystery to me as well. They need friction. For something you deem to be so heavy how come they slide around like a puck on an ice rink. Please fix those as well in the next version.
I agree with a lot of the comments on here that FS17 is a better and more playable GAME* than FS19 and looks a lot better as well. (*Game as its a very long way from a simulator).
I held off on FS19 until last month but still find things that are amiss. (like the Kuhn bale wrapper has no connections to the tractor for hydraulic or electrical lines...

In FS2? you need to up your game together before you push it out the door.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Giants created the game to cover a vast majority of farming techniques across many countries. If you want more realistic to your area, than you need to play with seasons and use geos. Your complaint about sugar cane and cotton is irrelevant. Don't use it on those maps then. You need them in game if you are on a Texas map or on lapacho. Base game and seasons you can spray once and be done with weeds. If it isn't, then you messed something up not the game. Weeds are sprayed a lot more than once irl. Lime is used to help the soil. Each crop takes different nutrients. What giants could do is add more options to put back into the soil. You can choose where to start in farm manager and start from scratch.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
HighestTree

Post by HighestTree »

Some of these have probably already been suggested, but here's my 2-cents anyway:

Mobile app GPS - download a mobile app and plot out your next field, creating an overlay on the in-game map

Optional unified banking - 1 account, 1 bank, multiple saves -- paid work on other (online) farms translates into spending-loot for all of your farms and vise versa

"Load Save" triggers in-game - roads that lead outside of the map can be used to travel to other saves or to create a new one - feels more realistic and like you're traveling out of town to your next farm

Adjustable mirrors - 'nuff said

Terrain-manipulation vehicles - to remove rocks and landscape (already mentioned)

Move cruise control adjustments to d-pad (console controllers) - easier cruise adjustments while driving

"Download All Mods" button - for online games (already mentioned)

Base-game goosenecks and more vanilla pickup trucks (already mentioned)

Eliminate the option to reject players trying to join. This is unnecessary with a password protection option already in place and, for me, results in a lot of failed attempts to help out fellow farmers.

Material ownership Because what's the harm in picking up my grass/hay/straw that fell on someone else's property?

By far, the biggest update I would love to see is a base game with continuous roll-outs of updates and a shop featuring DLC that's purchasable with real money.

Think tractors, trailers, trucks etc. that work like character skins in other games - some cost in-game currency, others cost real money. Having a dynamic shop like this would allow the ModHub to be integrated directly, and purchasables could be downloaded while in-game.

Now imagine all of that in a single base game that gets updated periodically, rather than a completely new iteration every 2 years.
Last edited by HighestTree on Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
matejcro

Post by matejcro »

Hopefully the next FS will have the option to open doors / windows on tractors, as some mods have, it would be a good next step in the game! :)
HighestTree

Post by HighestTree »

matejcro wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:26 pm Hopefully the next FS will have the option to open doors / windows on tractors, as some mods have, it would be a good next step in the game! :)
I'd like to see this, too - as well as an option to open tailgates from outside of the pickup.