Fs 21 discussion thread

Share your creations with us!
Gimli54

Fs 21 discussion thread

Post by Gimli54 »

The reason I wanted to start a thread like this so early is simply that giants does take the time to check the forums, usually liable Chris now, and take ideas from it or simply get a feel for what the community might be looking for moving forward with farm sim, I’ve played since 15 and have loved the game ever since and want it to keep getting better, farming is hard enough when Mother Nature give you a bad attitude (like it has this spring where I live) so please try and keep things civil please gents
Giants made a big leap from 15 to 17 largely in part to adding mods to console and the doors it opened, 17 to 19 didn’t have anything quite as big outside of terraforming (my only complaint is that it wasn’t delivered in base game but I respect giants holding it until it was suited for stable gameplay) other than that the graphic and features like in cab suspension and graphics updates were some of the biggest toted features of 19, I don’t mean to downgraded the work put into these features and updates they are quite impressive but for fs 21 I think resources should be focused toward working on the game engine so that giants can add some form of new drastically changing feature to fs moving forward, this could be something like seasons which would become part of base game (but still a feature which could be switched on or off) or maybe dynamic ground which would allow irrigation to come into account as the ground would count water on the fields and also make us have to work around the weather, I’m not saying either of these features have to be in the next fs it could be some other feature that adds a huge element to how we play the game and I (opinion warning) think 21 needs some big game changing feature to knock it out of the park
For something like crops I wonder if peanuts could be added fairly easily (I’ve never worked with them so I have no idea how feasible that would be) but if (and only if) dynamic ground were added I think rice would be an awesome addition to the game, rice feeds almost a third of the worlds population and so is a huge agricultural crop, the only downside is that since rice requires large amounts of water for irrigation it would need dynamic ground in order to be even somewhat realistic and (I won’t stop playing the game if they added it this way) would be highly unrealistic to plant rice and see if grow with no irrational done to it whatsoever, to further add on to rice though we kinda can even now level fields in fs and precision leveled fields are a God send in watering rice so maybe included a way for the fields to take into account of work has been done to level the field (whether be some ai that does it automatically or the player with terraforming) or not and this change the amount of levees needed to water the field
In terms of graphics updates I don’t think it has to have them updated as they’re pretty good and far ahead of the features aspect of the game but if y’all wanted to target an area that could be improved try the crop state graphics, the cultivated and down ground states are ok but it drives me nuts seeing crops growing it what looks like a hodgepodge assortment when a planter or seeded would plant them in ordered rows the only crops that have this so far is corn and sunflowers but cereals too are planted in perfect rows in real life simply tighter together, the harvested states should reflect this change as well if it is touched at all and if y’all really wanted to go above and beyond with it show the fact that crops like wheat and barely are usually cut high so as to not bog down the harvesters processing all the straw but soybeans are cut almost at ground level and are lighter this easier to process then say wheat or barely
Lastly cropdusting is a popular way of fertilizing in the south and I won’t speak for the rest of the US would think it awesome if this were added somehow but it is by no means any kind of dealbreaker
Thank you giants and modders for your hard work and dedication, can’t wait for seasons and crop rotations, let’s keep it civil gents and have a drink after a good day of work in the fields
AndyPandy

Re: Fs 21 discussion thread

Post by AndyPandy »

Long enough intro to the thread :biggrin2: didnt read it all but more types of crops are alwats good. I would personally like to see just many different additions to the things already in game, like more interactions with the different styles of farming
EJgaming

Post by EJgaming »

Dynamic ground with its possibilities around irrigation and water would be nice.
New crops are always welcome no matter what they are, for example tulips would be interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_CYJO2rbsg

Also a undo function to the landscaping tool, and/or if it can be done, the possibility to adjust ground with own machinery.
PC
Norway
TheSwede

Post by TheSwede »

I would like to have machines that actually sounds like they are hard working heavy machinery...
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

My #1 would be some sort of a factory/production script built into the game. After that.. Seasons.. because why not?
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

Forgot to add that addition to terraforming, it would be nice to have a mode where you could make ground changes see how much money it would game and then have it revert back to its previous state just so we know how much money we might need for a large project
M2_Farmer

Post by M2_Farmer »

what I like to see in Fs21

-Better graphics, like 3d textures for dirt and on the ground.
-The possibility of wood splitting. (suchs machine)
-more variety on missions( like harvesting populars, etc)
- no/less time for ''synchronization data with other players''
-that you can irregate your plants
-traffic change, like that you sometimes can see an bot is seeding the land for example.
Wolf Farming

Post by Wolf Farming »

I would like to see orchards, fruit and berries as well added into the game. More variety of crops and grasses, maybe more root veg or peas and beans grapes would be awesome too maybe selling apples to make cider. Seasons as permanent feature would be interesting but the option to turn it of an on as some players or newbies to the series may not want to be limited by time constraints. I think there’s a lot of potential for the series to expand and go further I think the issue is implementing it into new games and wether giants feels there’s a demand and if they can do it. I can’t see it honestly happening all at once I think maybe as the series progresses so will we more thing and expansions, that’s my hope anyway.
Steam: Grey Wolf
Pc only
Farming simulator 15,17,19,22
Currently playing: court farm
Fav tractor: challenger John Deere
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Big thing I'd like to see implemented in the Farming Simulator series is VR support. Being able to truly immerse yourself in a map and see and experience the size and scale of the vehicles, equipment and maps would be amazing. It could also offer some serious game play improvements to. Having 3D-Depth Perception would certainly make using Front Loaders/Telehandlers/Wheel Loaders etc to pick up, transport and stack items and objects in the game much better. Loading bales or pallets on trailers would maybe become bareable, though the physics system in game would also need some improvement.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Given the bumpy launch to 19, whatever changes are made I'll be holding fire on buying it and definitely not be pre ordering again.
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

norfolk farmer wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 6:37 pm Given the bumpy launch to 19, whatever changes are made I'll be holding fire on buying it and definitely not be pre ordering again.
FS21 should be free for those who bought FS19, because FS19 looks to be not yet ready, so much bugs that will be fixed in the future... "in next patch" or "no time for that now". Money has arrived, the job has not been done. We already paid for an unfinished product and now just wait to be finished. I dont think that we need to pay again for a next unfinished game or for a game in 21 that should be fixed in 19.
Sam1093

Post by Sam1093 »

I would be interested to know whether Giants have the PS5 dev kit as it looks as though the PS5 and FS21 could possibly be launched at similar times?(Maybe Listertan or Chris could confirm?) A few other game developers have possession of them from what I've read, I could well be wrong though!

If Giants dont have a dev kit, or they are not able to divulge that information. I wonder if they would be able to give an insight as to some ideas they have had or what we could expect to see in regards to the potential of the FS series and the PS5 (based on the information Mark Cerny gave on hardware specifications)
fozbot1973

Post by fozbot1973 »

I'd like to see the terraforming tools refined (DEFINITELY adding an undo function) but also add the option of terraforming using actual equipment - scoop out the ground with a bucket and have to move the soil elsewhere, perhaps with belts. You'd not have to pay for the cost of flattening the ground but would need to deal with the spoil, using it to build up land in other spots. Like how some city builder games (Cities Skylines) deal with it.

I don't necessarily want to see more crops, but more depth to the simulation of farming. Adding gps capability is really needed (make it an add-on you buy for each piece of kit, like in real life) and the care/conditions needed by each different crop should have more thought put to it. Add in crop rotation bonuses or something like that, make it so that if you grow the same crop repeatedly then you increase the risk of disease/pests. Have different locations favour certain crops. Not being a real farmer I don't know much about the subject but I know the game treats crops very simplistically. As ever, it should be a selectable option, so that you can revert to traditional "FS mode" without these things.

Now that the graphics have been overhauled (very successfully IMHO) I'd rather that Giants devoted their time to making the actual nuts and bolts of the game as good as it can be rather than just making it look more pretty. Fix the problems with logging, with pallet and bale handling, get in people who know how these things work in real life and use their knowledge to make these things more realistic (and less frustrating, if that's not an oxymoron). I love the game dearly but there are a lot of aspects that really need attention and refinement. The trouble is that "improved pallet handling" doesn't sell games so these things tend to be put on the back burner.
Lostfarmer6474

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

norfolk farmer wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 6:37 pm Given the bumpy launch to 19, whatever changes are made I'll be holding fire on buying it and definitely not be pre ordering again.
Words of wisdom writen in gold.I approve that message.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

I think less innovation this time around and a more polished product at launch. I'm not buying 21 at launch for the first time in the series console timeline due to how long it took to fix 19 and the missing features cut to add a build your own farm feature that was a joke at launch and it's still quite limited today.new crop cotton with just 1 harvester REALLY?: Horses never really worked like I had hoped and let's not talk about the dog. At release a 6 since updates and mods a 7.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC