This is my farm

Share your creations with us!
Dairydeere

Re: This is my farm

Post by Dairydeere »

We do a similar thing, but we plant triticale one the fall, then harvest in the late spring, haul liquids, and have corn in to harvest in the fall. That is our system for double crop, and then we also have our year round alfalfa
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

humbe wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:20 pm Nice write up.. If you have time for some questions I have some :)

Are you running a non-default GEO as you can do double crops? Or have I misunderstood planting in the autumn? I thought planting in the autumn only saved a bit of time in spring for other stuff, but I'd still have to wait until next autumn to harvest it.

Some gear I don't recognize too. What mods are you using? Is it a mod that cause land prices to fluctuate?
Im on hard economy yes, starting from scratch. No starting equipment. After the start Ive increased landprizes from $26000 per ha to $60000 per ha. And no contracts😊😊

The Geo is Midwest I think, a bit warmer than normal. Only occasionsal snow in winter and some wet months in summer.

I will provide an equipment-list in the next update😊😊
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

More about Season 8

I sold my Rapid300;

And I bought this!!

The good thing about putting in a «few» hours before buying new equipment is that its kinda satisfying when u finally buy new stuff.

(Im actually a few seasons ahead and I totally forgot that this season was the year the farm got such a great upgrade)

Anyway, this is the equipment I started out with;
Massey Ferguson 5600, upgraded engine, wide tires, a frontloader from Stoll FZ30, a pallet fork, universal bucket and a 650kg Agco weight, $102800, $5400, $800, $1400 and $600
Vaderstad Spirit R300s, $30000. This was replaced after aprox 32h use in season 8. The new is the Vaderstad A800 with extended seed and fertilizer capacity(mod) at a total of $98000.
Trailer from Strautmann, SEK802, $12000. This one was replaced in season six with a Fliegl tdk 160, 18600L capacity, $14600.
Kuhn GA9531 windrower, $30000. Sold almost immediately cause I couldnt afford keeping it.
Agro masz POH 05 plow, 2,5m wide
Fliegl animal transporter (mod), $15000. Capacity of 14sheep
MT9 handtool(mod) $5000
Waterpump(mod) $5000

Thats the starting equipment and its replacement. After that I’ve got the Vaderstad Tempo V8 and the FH2200, $30000+$8000
The Fortschritt E516 harvester(mod) with headers E536(mod) and NA670(mod) $89000, $21000 and $19500.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Season 9
This year I had my first fallow season. That meant a slow year with not much to do except keeping my sheep alive. In additionto that I started some logging of the first trees I planted. In order to last years investment I had to raise a little loan, so not much time with zero interest rates in my financial statement.

Something strange happened to my sheep! Woolproduction is up with almost 400%! (Seasons update)

So since time where slow, I got hold of an easy construction of a cowshed. But with no walls I thought that this could do as a place to fatten cattle. It was cheap with a cost of only $40 000 and in addition I bought a strawblower. I will buy them on the first day of spring, when they cost +-$2500 and sell them on last day of autumn at a price of +-$3900.

The first pickup of Limousine. Didnt buy too many thoug. I made a profit of aprox $1400 per head. Scaling it up next year!

Climbed the roof of my farmhouse and enjoyed the view

Production:
4 bulls for fattening
Cutted 6 trees
Wool 8190L
51sheep breeded
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Season 10
The first year in my crop-rotation starts with soybeans. So this means a deasent harvest, and no winther-crop since Im doing sunflowers next year. Available food for my meat-operation and the money at hand, brought me to 24 Limousines for fattening. Other than that there is not much to report on my slow growing farm. But loans are low and Im hoping that maybe next year or at least the year after that will be possible to buy a grass field next to the diaryfarm. I think its aprox 5-5,5ha.

Selling wool. An autoload trailer will be bought as soon as I can afford a semi!

Chopped down six more trees in the small forrestry Im running(on the left in this pic), hoping for higher growth on the remaining trees.

Production;
41sheep delivered to the butcher
7972L wool
24 fattening cattle
6 cut down trees
Soybeans 122227L
Net profit w/o depreciation $41963
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Lets skip some time and jump to my current season.

Im now in season 16. In an earlier season, but after the last wrap up I bought field 6 for a cost of $630 000. A meadow that I first harvested the gras before plowing it into a new field of 6,2ha, bringing me to a total of 18,4ha of grainfields.

Also I have bought the diary-farm. The cost of this was $1 125 000 and I had to boorow it all and then some in order to buy the needed equipment for a diary-operation, such as a mixer, pickupwagon, balestacker and so on. Repaying the debt in yearly installments of $115 000, so there is a deasent amount of interestrates.

Arable grassland is 12,4ha. I harvest the grass twice per season, and sell some of the bales since I dont have use for all the grass and always need cash. I started with 24cows, and increased it with six more later that season. Since I have surplus of grass and straw the Limousines now gets it all. So instead of selling them for $4000/head Im now get aprox $4400/head, and I buys 40 of them per season.

Now Im having 77 cows, and 4 bulls have been fattened during a summer before sent to the butcher. Im not sure of the capasity of the animal pen but hoping for at least 100. Money from selling milk will this season be around $190 000.

Im reducing my fertilizercosts by fert with slurry and manure. But with the prize of the equipment to do this Im not sure how profitable it actually is. But selling the **** is not an option for me, too boring.

The investment giving me most pleasure is the Chevrolet Silverado pickup. I have an autoload trailer and a animal transport that goes with that and makes things a lot easier.

The plan further on is to expand diary-operation with an additional animalpen with capacity of at least 200 cows, buy more grassland and more grain-fields. But not sure Im buying more grainfields before there is enough money to also buy in a JD combine a bit larger then det Forsthritt-combine I have now with capacity of 5400L.

Otherwise the tractors are the same, the sowers and planters as well.

After season 17 I provide a complete wrap up with production, equipment, finance and stuff.
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

This was my favorite thread before I joined but it seamed that when I joined the posts stopped coming but looks like they are still coming .Keep up the good work *thumbsup*
JohnDeere77 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:11 pm Lets skip some time and jump to my current season.

Im now in season 16. In an earlier season, but after the last wrap up I bought field 6 for a cost of $630 000. A meadow that I first harvested the gras before plowing it into a new field of 6,2ha, bringing me to a total of 18,4ha of grainfields.

Also I have bought the diary-farm. The cost of this was $1 125 000 and I had to boorow it all and then some in order to buy the needed equipment for a diary-operation, such as a mixer, pickupwagon, balestacker and so on. Repaying the debt in yearly installments of $115 000, so there is a deasent amount of interestrates.

Arable grassland is 12,4ha. I harvest the grass twice per season, and sell some of the bales since I dont have use for all the grass and always need cash. I started with 24cows, and increased it with six more later that season. Since I have surplus of grass and straw the Limousines now gets it all. So instead of selling them for $4000/head Im now get aprox $4400/head, and I buys 40 of them per season.

Now Im having 77 cows, and 4 bulls have been fattened during a summer before sent to the butcher. Im not sure of the capasity of the animal pen but hoping for at least 100. Money from selling milk will this season be around $190 000.

Im reducing my fertilizercosts by fert with slurry and manure. But with the prize of the equipment to do this Im not sure how profitable it actually is. But selling the **** is not an option for me, too boring.

The investment giving me most pleasure is the Chevrolet Silverado pickup. I have an autoload trailer and a animal transport that goes with that and makes things a lot easier.

The plan further on is to expand diary-operation with an additional animalpen with capacity of at least 200 cows, buy more grassland and more grain-fields. But not sure Im buying more grainfields before there is enough money to also buy in a JD combine a bit larger then det Forsthritt-combine I have now with capacity of 5400L.

Otherwise the tractors are the same, the sowers and planters as well.

After season 17 I provide a complete wrap up with production, equipment, finance and stuff.
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Im now at day 3 in summer in the 17th season. Things are running smooth and money is quite good. At least from what Im used to. Average yearly profit is aprox $260 000 after debt is paid.

So Im up to make things exciting! And keep in mind that tractors and tools are the same as earlier, also the Forsthritt combine. Im considering a huge investment in more land. There is a plot of land with 15ha of grainfield plus a meadow at an asking price of $1 077 000,-. And also there is a plot of land with 5,6ha of grainfield, and a small forrest, with an asking price of $627 000,-. If I buy this I definately need a new combine, and a JD will cost me close to $400 000. This will give me new debt of $2,100,000,- in addition to the $805 000 I already have., and increase grainfields from 18,4ha to around 39ha.

This investment will make it necessery to also buy a larger tractor, a JD 7xxx. But its not possible to uptain more debt. So this one I will need to finance through operations. And according to Mr.Spreadsheet my operation will generate merely a surplus in the first one or two years before interestrates decreases. Soooo, what to do :-D
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

So, 17th season has come to an end.

Days are running by with all the tasks on the farm, from time to time a bit of a routine. In the morning its cleaning up at the diaryfarm, checking if any of the animal pens would need food during the day or if it could wait for the day after. Registering how much (at 08:00) milk produced the last day, and drive off to the diary, normally once or twice each day, depending on the amount of milk in the tank. If there is enough for two trips, I also consider the price, if its over or under $800/1000L.

Grass is being cut twice each season, earlier I did one harvest for bales and one for silage but this year I filled all into the bunker, saving a bit of work with baling and stuff. A total of just above 1mill liter of grass. This is a quite busy season since there is a harvest in spring, sow all the fields after liming, planting sunflower and soybeans, and after harvest in autumn a new sowing of canola for the winter. 1st day of spring I take five trips to the Cattleshop and bring 40 Limosines to the metalshed. During summer I also transfer males from the diaryfarm into the metalshed. The sheep-pen is at its limits so contantly wathcing wether to drive sheep to the butcher. My cows and beefcattle are now producing so much that it almost is enough to fert everything two out of three fertstages.

Grain harvest were almost destroyed by rain. Twice! It costed me alot in overtime payment, yup, I pay my CPs 100%. Last harvest where finished 01:00 in the middle of the night. And then again the rain came in. I thought this was a dry county.

What were the conclusion on the investment? Despite a lot of good advice after my last post :shock: I made a decision. And the bank was quite a help regarding that. The bank denied to lend me what I needed. And since the clerk didnt were able to calculate on a higher level of loan after buying one lot, I almost lost it at him. So then I bought the smallest, field 28, for 630 000, aprox 5,5ha of arable field. Thought I could wait with the rest. After, doing a lot of work with my old gear, I bought the JD 7330R for almost $288 000,-. Anyone seeing the irony? After that money was thigt! So I had to start logging the threes in the end of the new field. U know this threes with 400 branches on each. Autoload doesnt work with those so I really had a good time there. Somehow there are invisible branches thats almost impossible to find and they get hooked into everything on the way to the sawmill. Despite the godd times I had doing this I made about $30 000,-. That, and a great demand for sunflower, helped me paying all the costs until I could sell all the harvest on the day before mortgage fell on the first day of season 18. The loan before the payment in the beginning of season 18 is $1 505 000,-, and the yearly costs in Season 17 is $405 000,-, and $445 000 for season 18.

This is almost all my equipment. Forgot to line up the two animal transports, one from Fliegl with capacity of 5cattle, and the Cattleman which I use with the pickup truck. And a strawblower. And a brew. And two conveyorbelts. And a milkwagon(8000L). And an autoload timber transport. I think.

So with all the money in my hand I bought a new cowshed with room for 200 cows and moved all my diarycows into it. So now all the young animals are in the former cowshed, and the milking cows are in the new. This I did on the last day of season. I also bought a new open shed for tractors, and a garage for my pickup with an available spot for an ordinary car. Cant drive around in the city in a truck forever. I want to show my success u know. After this I only had money for the mortgage the next day ($255 000,-). So much for planning. Now I dont have any money to buy beefcattle, normally this is $100 000,-. And no, no more cutting down threes at the end of field 28 for a while.

Im close to 500 hours on this save now. And Im planning to play this save until I at least own one of the huge fields, own two of the JD combines, not desided on the size yet, capasity of 10000L og 14400, and a JD 8x. Could keep me busy until a playable version of FS2x is ready with seasons.

Production:
35sheep, 7300L wool
40 beefcattle
160 000L soybeans
45 000L oat
260 000L wheat
70 000L sunflower
250 000L milk from 34 cows 3Y+
30 cows
10 cut down trees
1 070 000L silage
A number of strawbales that I dont recall
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Just a short brief on how season 18 went by.

The year started with very little money. But as the crop from last season were sold, and milkproduction where increasing with over 50% this year money was not a very big issue anymore, at least for a while. So I took out a new loan of $200 000,-, with a plan to repay after just two years, and bought a new JD T560 combine and a header. Im not happy with the new baleshed so the plan is just to empty it and sell of and try another one. The number of diarycows (3Y+) is aprox 60, and increasing quite rapid. For now grassfields are ok, but during season 19 or early 20, plan is to buy a new field with 15ha of grainfield and around 5ha grassfield. Cost of this field is $1070000,-, so maybe its smart to just wait until season 20 to keep interest rates down. At the end of the year I sold of some bales just to get enought money to repay the whole loan on the combine. Bringing the total amount down to $995 000,-. A quick call to the bank gave me a thumbs up on another $1,6M of loan, but as just mentioned I dont have desided yet wether to buy now or later.

Season 19 will be a fallow year at most of my grainfields so work will be to feed the cows and harvest the grassfields. Money at the start of the season where enough to get 27 Limousines for meatproduction. I also have 3 bulls of Holstein.