This is my farm

Share your creations with us!
JohnDeere77

This is my farm

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Gonna try out the communitycorner since im not an youtuber..

https://image.giants-software.com/index ... codes=true

Season 1
Bought the grainfarm on County Line. The price per ha was $26000, so I paid aprox $460000. The first year I first leased a baler and baled 96 bales and stored them in one of the sheds. Then I plowed 3,7ha of fields and sowed some barley.

https://image.giants-software.com/index ... codes=true

Bought a small sheep pen and a few sheep of the breed suffolk.

Tried to buy all the equipment I needed, unless a combine wich I couldnt afford. I.e vaderstadt 3m sower, a plow, rowmaker, kuhn mower and the Massey Ferguson 5613 with frontlifter.

The loan was at $420 000 wich Im planning to repay as an annuity over 10 years. That means that repayment and interest rates is fixed per year at $84000. Repayment can only be done in the first day of year wich I decided to be at day 3 in winter. (6 days per season).
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
JohnDeere77

Re: This is my farm

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Season 2
With only 3,7ha of fields, and a few sheep, my income is not high enough to pay off the loan. There is a lot of unemplyment in this city so I wont be stealing others work by doing contracts. In addition to sell off some of the equipment I optimistically bought the first year I will have to make use of much more of the land I actually own.

So here is from expanding the first field.

I will also make three new fields here. One around the sheep pen, and two on left of the shed in the back.

This gives me a total of 11,7ha. It will take more time and more grinding than I hoped for, but thats something I like.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

While last year meant a lot of plowing new fields, this year is more about just runnig the farm and make ends meet. Had to chop down six trees just to make it until I could get a good prize for my grain. That meant that I could sell both the 120000L soybean from last year and the 160000L of canola from this year. Also my sheep is starting to pay off as I breeded 37sheep and made 1,7pallets of wool.

But I am planning to expand my fields even more since money is still tight, so this threes has to go. The trailer is not the best tool for this job...

All the fields with canola

Im still leasing a combine, costs me about $16000 per harvest. Trying to do all the work myself to save up cash.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Season 4
Forgot to write in last post that Im trying wintherwheat. Sowed it last autumn. And Im still working on getting rid of the trees standing in the way of new fields.

Delivering logs in this trailer is not very efficient..

And yes, I do have a spreadsheet. This shows what I produced in season 4. Planted 40 trees as a long term investment. Leased the treeplanter to do this.

And this shows the economy. With leasing costs close to $40000 it might be a good choice to find a cheap combine. Maybe something from eastern europe? And as both the price on wheat and soybeans peaks after my fiscal year has ended, profit this year is low
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

So eventually things are running a bit smoother on my tiny farm. The debt has sunk to $315000 at the end of season 5, but since its an annuity the yearly payment stays the same. Doublecropping seems to be the sollution. Im not having a perfect croprotation but not far from it. Planning to have a fallow season soon.

I replaced the old trailer with this one. A bit increased capasity, but more important, a future possibility to attach another trailer to it.

Pallet stacking is not my favourite task, but no autoloader yet.

I bought a combine! Not a fancy one, but it will do the job on my current fields.

Production this year is 158000L canola, 103000L soybeans, slaughtered 49sheep and plowed 0,2ha new fields.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

County Line. Like the choice of map, and maybe consider YouTube. Haven't made FS videos myself but if you play as much as the photos show, you would have some very in-depth videos. Just created a channel on scale farm toys and it has been fun to say the least https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDwhfL ... Gkhuz_iVtA
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Dairydeere wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:15 am County Line. Like the choice of map, and maybe consider YouTube. Haven't made FS videos myself but if you play as much as the photos show, you would have some very in-depth videos. Just created a channel on scale farm toys and it has been fun to say the least https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDwhfL ... Gkhuz_iVtA
I considered it, but it stopped when I couldnt find out how to make timelapse videos for free, since Im not believing anyone has an interest of wathcing me doing all the grinding i.e plow a field for three hours with a two meter wide plow, or stacking 150 bales with a tractor, first onto a trailer and then into the shed.. Also Im "scared" of the fact that making the videos would take time from my limited time of gaming :-D
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

At least we get photos from you *thumbsup*
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Season 6
The main goal with my farm is to expand it from my 12ha and up to aprox 50. Lets start with that. And, hopefully lay my farming fingers on the dairyfarm a few fields away from my current farm. Thing is, that since I bought the grain farm, prizes has increased. I paid around $460000,- and now its worth over a million. Other fields and farms has also increased its value. So its gonna cost me. Im also planning to rebuild the farmhouse as the one I have is beyond repair. And it would be nice to have a pickup-truck instead of driving around in the well used MF..

So after buying a combine last year Im going with sunflowers this year. It came with two headers. But then I also needed a cultivator. And with the fields needing a round with lime, it was a busy year

This is me with the new cultivator. Needless to say its to big for my Massey? Had to try tough. Delivered it back and got a 3m wide instead.

The tool is still to big.. but this one I kept! I think the speed peaked just when I took the picture😅

Production: 148000L sunflower, created 0,3ha of new fields, 44sheep delivered. Btw there is something wrong with my sheep, less then 2000kg from almost 80sheep
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Season 7
A little less to report from this season. Just harvested the fields and planted a new round of soybeans and canola(winthercrop). Cash is piling up a bit, waiting for the pile to reach the size where I can cash in the bankloan.

Hopefully I will be able to buy a new tractor after selling this years harvest next season. To be honest Im kinda fed up with the setup I have now with a under-motorized tractor despite the narrow tools.

Production:
Soybeans 106000L
Canola 161000L
2,9 pallets of wool and delivered 52 sheep.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

JohnDeere77 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:07 am I considered it, but it stopped when I couldnt find out how to make timelapse videos for free, since Im not believing anyone has an interest of wathcing me doing all the grinding i.e plow a field for three hours with a two meter wide plow, or stacking 150 bales with a tractor, first onto a trailer and then into the shed.. Also Im "scared" of the fact that making the videos would take time from my limited time of gaming :-D
Yes please, I'd like that, nice to have something to watch that takes a bit more time when playing, so I don't need to put up a long playlist before starting a baleing session ( about 3 hours if it's silage bales, as I then cut, rake'n'bale, stack, load, transport, unload and feed the x-tractor 😁 )
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I would do it if I could timelapse it. If my phone could take it, I would put it on iMovie, which can do a 2x timelapse, but alas, my puny phone is no match for a projected 45 min. video :lol:

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Season 8
Another year of grinding the fields. Cashed out the loan, a few years early. And I dont wanna think about all the money paid on interest rates. But not thinking about it wont make it dissapear, and the number is $363 375. Thats a nice tractor or even a new field down the drain. Cash is good this year selling off last years harvest and only planting one harvest this year gave a cash surplus of almost $250 000. Sheeps are now generating a steady income of aprox $22000

I’ve established a five year croprotation going like this;
Soybeans
Sunflower-Wheat(winther)
Soybeans-Canola(winther)
Soybeans
Fallow

This season is the fourth out of five.

Created a new little forest for future harvest. Trees might be a bit to close to each other but then we just have to take out a few later on.

Production:
Planted 60 pine trees
104000L soybeans
126000L canola
63sheep breeded.
humbe

Post by humbe »

Nice write up.. If you have time for some questions I have some :)

Are you on hard economy setting starting from scratch? I'm trying that too, and stayed away from loan as interest rate with season is massive when profit is tiny.. But I allowed myself to do contracts which saves the economy by wasting RL :)

Are you running a non-default GEO as you can do double crops? Or have I misunderstood planting in the autumn? I thought planting in the autumn only saved a bit of time in spring for other stuff, but I'd still have to wait until next autumn to harvest it.

Some gear I don't recognize too. What mods are you using? Is it a mod that cause land prices to fluctuate?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I will just add humbe, irl we plant wheat in the fall, so we're can harvest it early summer, hail liquid and then plant soybeans and harvest them that fall. Double cropping means 2 harvests on the same field in the same year. We call those soybeans double crop beans.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.