"As Real As It Gets" Roleplay Series

Share your creations with us!
ReubyJuice

"As Real As It Gets" Roleplay Series

Post by ReubyJuice »

Hi there everyone! I'd like to introduce a video series that I've been working on for a while now, but haven't posted about here. I call it "As Real As It Gets" and the basic premise is of a son leaving his father's farm to set out on his own to start up a new farm in the western Canadian prairies (CanFarm map by Seriousmods). The videos are his "vlogs" to show how his farm progresses, the relationships he builds, and the struggles he encounters.

I try to keep this series as realistic as possible - I grew up on a farm so I know a fair bit about "realistic" farming, but it's been a while since I actually farmed so I'm always open to being corrected on how things are done if somebody sees something "off" in one of the videos. I've even gone so far as to use a real-life farm management app called Farm At Hand to track my fieldwork activities, equipment maintenance, even things down to the seeding rate and fertilizer costs. In the series, the main character will bring the app up on his phone and explain how it works, keeping track of his activities as he goes.

This is the trailer for the series - there are 7 episodes so far, and they're meant to be relatively quick, vlog-style videos. New episodes release every Friday at 8am MT/10am ET/3pm GMT. I hope you enjoy!

To subscribe: https://youtube.com/reubyjuice

I'm always open to suggestions and feedback, so feel free to reply and let me know if there's something you think I could improve on or that you'd like to see!
Tutorials and roleplay at youtube.com/reubyjuice and FS streams at twitch.tv/reubyjuice
Dairydeere

Re: "As Real As It Gets" Roleplay Series

Post by Dairydeere »

Hi ReubyJuice, just liked, subbed, and commented on this series. Amazing work, loving the video content! I just started my own channel, called Jared's Vids at the moment, but I am doing roleplay, but with scale farm toys instead. Check it out, let me know what you think!
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Is this series coming back? I understand you are working on your FSN vids, but is the roleplay still on?
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
ReubyJuice

Post by ReubyJuice »

Dairydeere wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:39 am Is this series coming back? I understand you are working on your FSN vids, but is the roleplay still on?
It means a lot to me that you asked this! Yes, I do hope to continue the series at some point, I've had a number of people asking about it lately so I do know some folks want to see more. Things have been busy lately with the FSN and Bourgault DLC, but I do plan to get back to that series. Just not sure exactly when that'll be!
Tutorials and roleplay at youtube.com/reubyjuice and FS streams at twitch.tv/reubyjuice
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Sound good. Take your time, I understand videos take a fair bit of time, I enjoy your content no matter what comes out, always very informative and enjoyable 👍

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Just started watching today and I noticed you stopped at some point.

I like it so far. (Watched 3 episodes)

What’s FSN by the way?
Ignorance is bliss
ReubyJuice

Post by ReubyJuice »

iwan073 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:40 am Just started watching today and I noticed you stopped at some point.

I like it so far. (Watched 3 episodes)

What’s FSN by the way?
Thank you! Glad you're enjoying them. Yep life took me away from it for a bit but hopefully it'll be back soon.

FSN is the Farm Sim Network - there's a video on my channel explaining all about it. Basically a virtual farming company type environment.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I’m on the whitelist right now, my lack of patience is getting the better of me :lol: . It’s so interesting, the idea of waiting a week to know if I’m in has me banging my head on the wall

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!