Nebraska land USA

DVCC

Nebraska land USA

Post by DVCC »

I would really like to play this map, but every time I try to unzip the file I get a crc error on the map file. Can anyone help? If anyone has a map file I can download or something please let me know.
Dairydeere

Re: Nebraska land USA

Post by Dairydeere »

Where did you download it from?
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
DVCC

Post by DVCC »

I have tried downloading from several different sites, all with the same result. I was able to open the file once, but it would not save.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Did you download from Nexus?
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
humbe

Post by humbe »

Same for me when I tried.. So I ditched the map.

Also not ecstatic about maps that require a heap of other mods to work. The game doesn't have good functionality to create subsets of mods to use for various scenarios, nor order mods in a tree structure of any kind, and I don't want to bloat my mod list with tons of mods where I don't remember which ones I have to load together..

As it is now, I'd rather see the map mod bundle all its required mods..
DVCC

Post by DVCC »

Yes, the first download was from Nexus. Was able to open the file, but when I tried to save it hung up on the save.
David Papp

Post by David Papp »

Use simplysafemods.com, surprisingly most mods uploaded is virus-free, complete and working and continuously updated by the authors.
It has as 1.1 version of the map that was updated a couple of weeks ago, Iøm running it right now and works perfectly.
aklein

Post by aklein »

humbe wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:23 am Same for me when I tried.. So I ditched the map.

Also not ecstatic about maps that require a heap of other mods to work. The game doesn't have good functionality to create subsets of mods to use for various scenarios, nor order mods in a tree structure of any kind, and I don't want to bloat my mod list with tons of mods where I don't remember which ones I have to load together..

As it is now, I'd rather see the map mod bundle all its required mods..
The map and mods where provided in this way because when the map and buildings that are a part of the map where all in a single zip (ie built into the map) the file was to large to be uploaded to a dedicated server. The author deliberately pulled these buildings out of the map and made them stand alone mods for the purpose of allowing the map to be uploaded to a dedicated server which is where this 4X map really shines. 99% of the farms are placeable and you have the ability to sell off just about any farm building you wish to either get rid of things you don't want or arrange the farms how you wish.
aklein

Post by aklein »

I would suggest getting it from SimplySafeMods also over nexus. I really do not like how Nexus mangles uploads by adding a whole bunch of junk to the file name. I have not had issues unzipping things from nexus when that is needed. I use 7zip for just about all my compression/decompression needs.
humbe

Post by humbe »

I understand there's reason about why they are packaged like that, but that doesn't make it userfriendly. There should be some in game functionality to manage mod dependencies and sets of mods you want to run for different games. The simplest might be to just support zip files with many mod files in them in a way such that you see them as a bundle in the mod screen and enable all or none. Or mods could define dependencies to other mods, so it could complain if dependencies didn't exist and automatically add deps. And it could allow a tree structure of mods or maybe some tagging system so you could select all mods with a given user defined tag..

I've tried to hold back on mod use, but even so my mod list needs to scroll, and if I add that map and all the mods I'll lose overview of what mods are, why I'm using them and which I need to add to a given game.
NPR_Terry

Post by NPR_Terry »

I got the map to load on my high end machine (32g RAM, I7 processor, NVIDIA 1050). It will NOT load on my lower end machine (lower RAM and lesser graphics card) though it meets Giants specs for the game though. I also don't care for required mods included in a map. Might be nice to play but I will never know its been removed.
Family members have worked for Deere and Company, International Harvester and J.I. Case...
For the past three generations.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Did you have your graphics set to ultra-high? THat's the most common mistake for new players to make

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
overchord

Post by overchord »

There were a few mentions of not being able to track mods included with maps. It might be worth having a look at editing the gamesettings file. That way you can easily switch between different folders and mod combinations for different maps.
It does mean you keep copies of commonly used mods in different folders, but it really helps when trying to reduce the number of mods you want to load, or to keep track of things included for a map.
Basically, you just need to create a new folder somewhere, copy in the mods, and edit one line at the beginning of your gamesettings file to make it work.
NPR_Terry

Post by NPR_Terry »

Game settings ARE set to high on the high end machine (the one that works) Not set to high on the other one. Its either at default or if there is an auto detect I would have done that. RE overchord's comment. I have been considering doing that anyway. Just trying to figure out the best way to break things out (or is that up). Commonly used mods in different folders... (I have 10 64gig USB3 thumb drives to keep things in ;) And YES they are labeled ;)
Family members have worked for Deere and Company, International Harvester and J.I. Case...
For the past three generations.
aklein

Post by aklein »

For what ever reason this map does not load up unless the settings are set to high. The map was never tested with low settings so it was a bit of a surprise post release.