No Man's Land by SimpleFarmer - New Farmer Series

Share your creations with us!
SimpleFarmer

No Man's Land by SimpleFarmer - New Farmer Series

Post by SimpleFarmer »

No Man's Land

On some maps I just play the game, and on others I come up with a scenario. No Man's Land is a map where you almost have to come up with a scenario. There is a super old truck sitting in the middle of the shop parking lot with over 10,000 hours on it, and a cabin out in the middle of nowhere. You gotta wonder where the truck has been and why it's sitting at the store when you load into the game... You might be saying 'well its clearly from the farm and he's at the store getting something,' but if that were the case, it would be parked like all the other cars. And have some gas in the tank. I think this truck hasn't even been to the farm yet, it just pulled off the highway.

This first post is a backstory of where everything came from, and the second post will be the first day on the farm as the owner, so feel free to skip the first post if you don't really care where everything came from. I won't be offended. Thanks in advance for reading and hope you enjoy!

Backstory
Why is it that all radio DJ's are named Dave. I was recently invited to the local AM radio talk show for an interview and the guys name was Dave. Like, why is there never radio hosts named Alexander.

Dave: "Hello, and welcome to the show, we're on air here with local agriculture magnate SimpleFarmer, let's get started shall we?"

SimpleFarmer:"Sure. But if I may, is there anyone actually there? I mean, we are on the AM radio, there's just fuzz on here. And weather. Hello?"

Dave: "Believe me, there are millions tuning in as we speak. They'd never miss a show starring an All-pro farmer such as yourself. This is getting global attention"

SimpleFarmer:"well I'll be."

Dave: "So, like, how did it all begin, SF? Were you always this successful?"

*Long pause*

Dave:"you can't light that in here... Smh. this isn't the Joe Rogan show."

SF: "Well, to answer your question, no.

*Long pause*

It was a rainy, cold night, I hadn't slept in days. The AM radio was the only thing playing that night. Perfect static, with occasional smooth jazz. Smoother than most nights. My old truck was on its last mm of tread, after nearly 2 weeks on the road. I watched as the fuel needle fell even lower than ever believed possible.

I squinted through the swishing wipers and could make out a light up ahead. I turned down the radio to improve my vision. As I began to slow I noticed it was some kind of machinery dealership. Just as I turned in my truck sputtered and jolted. With a final few chugs and lurches it made it right into the middle of the parking lot and died."

Dave:"that's a pretty dramatic way of saying you ran out of gas, Simple. Well done.

SF:"thanks."

Dave:"go on"

SF: So being about 2am and pouring rain, I didn't even open the door. Hoping to ask for some gas when the store opened, I fell asleep.

I woke up to some store employee banging on the window and saying something like 'you can't park here you need to leave,' or something just as irrelevant, and I sat up. The store had just opened. I rolled the window down a crack. 'what?'

The guy said the usual clamor about needing to park somewhere else or leave or something. Duh bro.

To make a long, wet and cold story short, I asked a few people for gas and would have asked more, but they wouldn't let me in the building.

Apparently nobody had any on them. Well no **** Sherlock, do you guys usually carry gas around with you? Give me some damn money. It was a bad morning for sure."

Dave:"that sounds pretty bad Simple. So what gave?"

SF:" well yeah, so while I was over reasoning with the dealership employees, this 105 year old guy actually pulled in from the back entrance to the shop on a super old tractor and crashed right into my truck. I couldn't believe it."

Dave: smh. that's incredible.

SF: Exactly. Anyway his name was Sid and after awhile it turned out he was pretty cool and offered to buy me some gas. I couldn't answer his question about where I was going so he invited me out to his "farm".

Dave:"Air quotes, nice. But we're on a radio show... nobody can see them."

SF: "stfu Dave. Anyway, his farm was older than he was. And he was practically biblical. He lived way out behind the dealership in the middle of nowhere. He had a shack with a roof that let in more water than fell from the sky.

Dave: "well that's impossible, but go on."

SF: "For sure. Anyway. That's where it all started."

Seriously? I'll sleep outside.

I worked with Sid for a few months, there was barely enough room in the cabin for both of us, or enough food at first. We had a generator for electric. We rolled our own oats and grains, grew our own vegetables, and hunted deer. We never saw a single person the whole time. One cold fall morning, Sid passed away while up in the hunting stand. I buried him out back as we had discussed and went into town to call the number he had left me for such a circumstance. It was a lawyer in charge of his affairs. Sid had left me all his inheritance, which turned out to be the section where the farm was, all the equipment, and $100,000. I couldn't believe he had so much money and still continued to live out in the middle of nowhere. Actually, that's a lie. I put that 100,000 right back into the farm and kept on working.
Last edited by SimpleFarmer on Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
FSarndrone

Re: No Man's Land by SimpleFarmer - New Farmer Series

Post by FSarndrone »

random person listening to radio : *choking on popcorn * wow..kk-k that -k was -kok -way too k dramatic kak- koka that simple farmer guy is sure a tough guy...kak
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

FSarndrone wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:44 pm
random person listening to radio : *choking on popcorn * wow..kk-k that -k was -kok -way too k dramatic kak- koka that simple farmer guy is sure a tough guy...kak
Notice how Dave sort of tuned out there? Poor guy had a heart attack from outright shock.
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Game settings:
Difficulty: Hard
Plowing required: No, because plowing is bad for soil biology and soil health.
Lime required: Yes, not really sure what lime does so may as well require it.
Weeds: Off, because I think weeding is the most annoying thing in the world. Plus, out here in the middle of nowhere, there are no noxious weeds. It’s crazy.
Crop destruction: On
Season Length: 6 days (2 days per month with the first day of the year being March)
Dirt: Fast
Fuel: Normal (wish there was High)
Before starting I cheated in money and built some animal pens and added decor and customizations. No advantages were added such as silos or machinery. The reason we added animal pens was that they are like 100,000 and there should be some on an existing farm imo. Also, leveling and re-placing them is all so expensive. And for decor, I am not paying for rocks and bushes with farming money, there’s no farmer I know that would pay for boulders to be brought in. The final cash was set back to 100,000.
March of Year 1
I haven’t worn a dry piece of clothing since last summer. I am also apparently too lazy to fix the roof. It adds too much to the story to fix yet. I spent the whole winter sitting on the nasty blue couch trying to get something to play on the dinosaur of a TV. How this thing still works after how much water has dripped into it just goes to show how things were built tougher in the 1800’s. I ate bowls of cold and soaked barley, because I was too depressed to go outside and chop wood to build a fire. When March finally came around I went outside to get some things done.
The first thing I did was sell a few pieces of equipment. I sold the seeder, plow, fertilizer spreader, and bought a new 6 meter seeder, the lizard subsoiler, and the Kuhn spreader that does both lime and fertilizer. I also sold the harvester and never bought another. With how expensive they are, I thought I would lease one every year. I will do a number crunch the first year and see what I think after I sell the crops. I also purchased the section to the east of my farm from the government for 85,000. It offered a nice flat area with relatively few trees and is right behind my farm. The section to the west of my farm looked good too, but we can’t have it all.
I leased the Trex600 and got rid of a few trees with it, but it turned out to be a giant waste of money and time because they are super easy to just cut down with the chainsaw and drive around with the pickup and pick up all the pieces. After I had cleared the trees for the field I returned the Trex and plowed the field in. Plowing took a long time, and while I plowed, my enormous brain worked overtime. I saw potential for the next field. I didn’t want to lease the Trex again so I leased the stump grinder for behind the tractor and I don’t plan on returning it. It’s $100 per month and costs like $6000. Another thing I noticed was that I had forgotten to grind a stump and just planted around it, but when I came back to grind it later, it was nowhere to be found. I almost think that I didn’t even need the stump grinder. After plowing both fields I limed and fertilized them while I waited for warmer weather.
April of Year 1
Toward the end of March I started to see we would need another tractor. The one we had was in need of constant maintenance. I spent more time working on it than I did farming, it felt. Also, the seeder we had bought required more horsepower than we had, as we found out when we began to plant. So I went down to the dealership and shopped for tractors.
All the new tractors were too expensive, they would be really nice to own, but I could never afford them. Luckily, the dealer had a few used pieces, one which was a tuned 515 Favorite like the one I owned. It was orange, had 195hp, weighted wheels, and was in good condition. I got it for just over $46,000.
During April we got our two fields planted. I don't count the field in front of the shack as a field as it is more of a garden. I planted and plowed it when I did the other fields. I planted wheat in both fields. Planting took the first half of the month and the second half I spent applying fertilizer and taking care of things around the farm. The spring rain came down in torrents. I stared out of the windows most days eating cold and clumpy oatmeal. Water dripped down my neck from holes in the roof. Depressing music played constantly in the background.
May of Year 1
In May the wheat germinated and began to grow. The sun came out and the flowers began to bloom. My spirits lifted with them. I drove into town and bought 20 chickens. For company. There was wheat in the silo from previous years and I was looking forward to a better diet.
Empty horse pen that can hold 2 horses. Looks really nice on this farm imo

I bought 10 beef cows and put them in the old pen, which hadn’t been used in many years. I had to buy some supplies in town to fix up the electric fence. I fed the cows some hay and silage that was in the barn from years back. I also bought the smaller Anderson mixer wagon to make TMR. The problem was that the mixer wagon used so much horsepower that the Fendt with 150hp couldn’t move it if it was turned on. Additionally, it wouldn’t fit under the barn door to dump into the feeder. So I returned it for a full refund. I just planned on feeding the cows silage. I built a silage bunker out of old tires and bought a 4 meter mower. There was a lot of wild grass around so I just cut and gathered it up. I rented a small windrower, but decided to just scoop it all up with the bucket I had bought, as the forage wagons were so expensive. It was a high capacity bucket that could scoop 1800 liters at a time. It still took awhile but I was able to put about 30,000 liters of grass in the bunker this way.
I spent the second half of May plowing in a new hayfield and planting grass.
The 2 dark fields are arables and the lighter one is the Hayfield.
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

June of Year 1
June brought the early days of summer. Life started to be more bearable out in the desolate wilderness; I had plenty of silage to feed to the cows, there was still some old hay and straw bales in the barn for them as well, and the chickens made about two boxes of eggs per day.
July - Year 1
July went as calmly as June, a big portion of the hay field became ready to harvest so I cut it and let it dry into hay, with plans to cut the other half later in the year, rain or shine, and make silage. The reason one half was ready before the other was that it took so long to plant. Once the hay was ready, I baled it with the Rollbelt, and bought a small bale trailer to haul the bales back to the barn. The reason we never leased the bale trailer was that we were planning on using it to haul all the straw bales after the wheat was harvested. I loaded all the hay bales with the bale fork, even though the trailer did have an autoload function, because there were only 16 hay bales. I am sure when we get the straw bales ain’t nobody gonna have time for that - we will just use the autoload function.
August - Year 1
Late summer came and so did the heat. Sweat ran in rivulets down my forehead, and the parched cows slurped prodigious amounts of water. The only A/C unit around was the lake, and the cabin was so hot I stayed outside until well after dark. With highs in the mid to upper 90’s the national weather broadcast guy sounded like a broken record. Several chickens suffered from heat exhaustion, and required more water. The weather cooled toward the end of August and the wheat became a nice golden-brown color as it dried.
My two arable fields and hay off to the left.

Cows slurping prodigious amounts of water.

Chickens, several of which are suffering from heat exhaustion and are drinking more water.
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

September - Year 1
A few days into September, the wheat became ready to harvest. I tried a few harvester mods, but either they were all super expensive, or they had 4 meter headers. I wasn’t about to do all the harvesting with a 4 meter header. There are actually a lot of options for small harvesters. Most of them are depressing and old, though. They look like the cars my mom used to drop me off at school in. I ended up going with the Fendt 6275, which was a little pricier than I was hoping, but it had a 7 meter header. I couldn’t believe there were no harvesters with a 6 meter header for around $150,000. Total leasing costs were (16,500 + 5600) = 22,100. We harvested about 100,000 liters of wheat, which is estimated to sell around 400. (100,000*0.4=40,000) The harvester cost more than half of the final product. Smh. One thing that needs to be factored in is the straw from the harvest, which usually sells for about 25% of the price of the wheat, so maybe like 10,000. Either way, the harvester is super expensive, but I would have to rent it for almost 10 years before it would have been cheaper to buy it - which when factoring maintenance, I think that I will just lease it. Also, in 10 years, maybe there will come a cheaper option. Or maybe next year I will try the smaller header and see if that works.
But numbers aside, we harvested the wheat and baled all the straw, the process took the whole month of September, and we were lucky to have no rain throughout. It looks like we will sell the wheat in December.
October - Year 1
In October we moved the straw bales into the barn, we kept 28 and sold the rest, which turned out to be 56 bales. I was about sick of driving all the way to the shop every load, but I think it’s better than if there were people closer to me I could sell to. I have a phobia of other people. I put up threatening signs all the way out to my farm that warn people that they should turn back. Apparently the police don’t follow directions very well and I had to take them all down.
We also planted the fields with Oilseed Radish. This is a very good way to cut down on fertilizer costs. For both fields we only used around 100 liters of seed, which is much cheaper than the fertilizer. Next year I will keep a better track and have better figures, but for now, just know that Oilseed Radish is a real money saver.
This is too many eggs for one person, I will have to take the rest into town to sell at the farmers market. Also, not really sure why the washer is in the kitchen.

We cut the other half of the field and scooped up all the wet grass for silage. We will have a lot of silage now, I might consider selling a load for cash, because we haven’t even used all the silage from last year.

Paying my respects to Sid

Bet you didn’t know that the Wobster could be used as a deer attractor as well...
November - Year 1
In November I remembered that winter was coming. Last winter wasn’t going to be repeated. The garden was no longer useful and the vegetables out of it weren’t going to last very long. I needed to buy a greenhouse in order to be able to grow myself vegetables throughout the year. I went to town to look into options and realized there was a bit of a demand for locally grown vegetables, so instead of getting a greenhouse for one, I bought a huge one for 18,500. It was labeled a tomato greenhouse, but it can be used for whatever you want to grow in there. I grow a plethora of vegetables, such as onion, carrots, and rutabaga. I was pretty surprised how much manure it used - 6000 in half a month. I don’t have enough manure for this to run very long, I will have to plan it out right so that I can make it work throughout the winter and spring. I will also look into how to store vegetables to make them last longer.
With these vegetables, and the chicken eggs, the last thing for a good omelette would be some bacon… maybe next year.
I bought 8 cows and plan on moving the calves over to my other pen as they are born, you can read about my cow pen issues below.

I also cut and chopped up some firewood so this winter won’t be so cold and wet.

We also took on two horses this fall, as we have plenty of hay and oats, and the pen wasn’t being used. Went hiking in the northeast corner of the map, didn’t know there were such high mountains back there. Also may need to buy a new camera, this wash is getting a bit out of hand
Cow Barn Issues
The Old Cow Barn became ultimately too frustrating to own. First it was that it is really difficult to get the food in the bin without it spilling all over the ground, then it was difficult to dump straw in there with a bucket, but lastly, it wouldn’t accept the straw from the straw blower, no matter how many angles I tried to come at it. With how many problems this pen has caused me, I will have to get another. I really like the look of it on my farm, it seemed to fit right in. All the other pens on modhub look a little too big or modern for this farm and I will have a hard time picking one that will work here.
I found another cow pen that looked nice on the farm. The only problem is that it only holds 8 cows. That is not really enough for me, so I built two of them. In the future I will have to get a different one, I usually like to go with 50 cows, but on this barely sustainable farm we are on, 50 cows would be a little over the top.
The new cow barns look kind of odd, being as there are two exactly alike barns… but that is the price we are willing to pay for the older look. All the others looked too modern.
Last edited by SimpleFarmer on Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

December - Year 1
December was a busy month. First, we filled the greenhouse, which will run out of manure by the end of the month, unless our 8 cows somehow make enough to keep it going. It will keep working on water, but the manure doubles the production, I think. It brings in a lot of money, who knew locally grown vegetables would be such a hit?
Then we sold all the wheat. There were 123,000 liters, which sold for about 50,000 and took like 6 trips into town with our 21,000 liter trailer.
After we had taken care of the animals we looked forward to the winter to come. I didn’t want to sit inside all winter like I did last year. Instead, I wanted to do some logging. The problem was that all the forest around my cabin and the lake are very nice for hunting and shade, etc, and I didn’t want to log them. Also, there is no lumber mill on the map, unless you want to chip everything. The general sellpoint at the shop might have accepted lumber, but I thought I could do better. There is a lumber mill to build in the placeables that is built for the map, so that is the one we used. It cost 65,000. I was kind of torn between cheating in the money for the lumber mill and paying for it myself. I decided to cheat the money in, because if I was going to pay for the lumber mill, I think I should be able to sell the product of the lumber mill, i.e., the lumber. As is, all I can do is sell uncut lumber and it doesn’t make sense to buy the customer a car so you can sell him gas.

Also of issue is the land. Normally how I would do logging is buy land, log it, clean it up, and sell it. In my experience as a logger, land that has been logged sells for just as much as unlogged land, because in the process of logging it, you open up views, build roads, and clear all the brush. This is even true if you’re selling to another timber company, especially if you plant trees. The first time a property is logged the trees are often shorter and unhealthier as they all grew in too close together and don’t grow in very well. After it is logged and planted, the trees are better spaced apart and grow in a lot faster and healthier.
So there’s your forestry class of the day. But here, the problem is that we can’t sell this land because we built a lumber mill on it. Another issue is that it is way across the map from my farm, so incorporating it into my farm would be a bit of a pain. I will think about what to do with this land as I go. On this map, I think the idea is to bring in money and build whatever you want, so I’m not really concerned about cheating in money on this save, as long as it doesn't ruin my game by taking away the survivalism.
For logging equipment we started by buying a log trailer for behind a tractor for 9,999.
Cutting trees with a chainsaw on a console is really bad, because of how offeven the lengths are, so we were forced to look into a processor. At this point I realized we were going all in to this logging operation, because doing it piecemeal wasn’t going to work. We purchased a small excavator and processor head and had it delivered to our job for a small fee. I didn’t have enough to buy it outright, but we were able to finance it.
The truck driver didn’t know what he signed up for when he agreed to bring it out to the job.

We also bought the Biolbetz log fork for our front end loader.
This set up worked okay, but the older Fendt tractors don’t have the hydraulic power they need for this kind of work, and they aren’t called “El Limo” for nothing. They have the worst turning radius in the world. Also of note was that the older Fendt was still somehow worth 85,000 despite having a ton of hours on it and no power. I was able to buy the better Fendt for cheaper than that even. I traded in the old Fendt with all the hours on it on a brand new Claas 660 with weighted wheels. The difference was about 60,000. Plus we had to buy the front loader for it as well for 8,000.
We ended up spending about 340,000, including the land for now, but trading in the older Fendt for 85,000 back. During December we set to work to clear the forest, and earned about 120,000 back, so our final loan balance was at 52,000. We could easily make that, but I think we are running out of timber on our plot of land. We will have to buy another plot for January and February logging. I would plant some trees, but they take so long to grow with seasons, it wouldn’t be worthwhile.
I’m thinking to cheat in the value of the land with the sawmill and keep it, but not farm it. I’ll buy another plot for logging. Over time we will see what other placeables we will put by the lumber mill. It would make sense for a small town to start to form around the lumber mill as workers move in. The lumber mill is a long way away from my farm, so I won’t mind people moving in around it.

We logged about 12 loads of wood, which sold for about 10,000 each. Logging seems to be a good source of income, but the equipment to get started in it was pretty expensive, and it is much harder work. The cold started to set in and the snow began to fall. I am so glad I bought this new tractor, as it is nice and warm in there all day as I load these logs and drive them down to the mill. The heater in the older Fendt isn’t working very well, I will have to see why. Working on equipment in the cold months is very uncomfortable and there is no covered workshop on our farm. Yet another reason why I wonder whose idea this all was. This new excavator we bought will have endless possibilities, but I think I should have just leased it. We won’t be using it very much during the summer months and it wouldn’t have been very much to lease. I’m having buyer's guilt. Maybe when the winter is over I will resell it and lease next winter.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

In a bit surprised you didn't look at the NH TX32 with the 6.1m header.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Bryan83 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:48 pm In a bit surprised you didn't look at the NH TX32 with the 6.1m header.
I did, i think I even owned that when I started, but it is so old and depressing :) And doesn't it only have a 4 meter header?

Edit: https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
i see what you're talking about. I think this will be the thing I need. Thanks
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

January & February - Year 1
We continued to feed the animals and log during January and February. We got a little sick of logging by February so we decided to just go back inside and watch the static on the old TV in our living room. I kept hoping we could get a channel but after 28 days straight of watching the static, we didn’t get one channel. At one point I think I saw an alien spacecraft float across the screen, but I can’t be certain. We logged enough to pay off our loan and then ended with a balance of about 40,000. I didn’t end up cheating in the money for the lumber mill land, because all the trees I had previously logged reappeared when I updated the map, so I thought that was ample compensation to keep the land. I knew I saw that alien on the TV. Maybe all this time alone isn’t really good for me. There’s some weird **** going on around here.
Are my eyes deceiving me? Holy stuff damn.

Welp. These are snowflakes. I knew the roof was bad, but how does this even happen? Do I have a roof at all?

Unbelievable. :(
Tell me what you think of this. I heard it on the AM yesterday afternoon:
AM Radio:
*50’s music screeches to a halt*
Dave:“Well, looks like the tape’s jammed. *static*
Random broadcast voice from deep space: “...leading us to question… is this... all a simulation… is any of this… actually real” *static*
*50’s music resumes*
BackupDJ: “did you hear that Dave?”
Dave: “Hear what? I don’t know what you’re talking about.”
BackupDJ: “Your’re one of them.

Aren’t you.”

Dave: “-_- come with me. Out to the barn. There’s something I want you to see.”
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

dont go backupdj.
humbe

Post by humbe »

Nice photos.. I'm assuming you're doing something with the colors after screenshotting? Or does the map look like that?

Sounds like an interesting map.. Sidenote.. What on earth did you use the excavator for? I thought it was totally useless as you can't dig anything in the game.
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

humbe wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:22 pm Nice photos.. I'm assuming you're doing something with the colors after screenshotting? Or does the map look like that?

Sounds like an interesting map.. Sidenote.. What on earth did you use the excavator for? I thought it was totally useless as you can't dig anything in the game.
I take all the screenshots and apply vintage filters to make it seem like it's super difficult to survive. Like even the camera is having a hard time out here haha.

I use the excavator because when you buy the processor head for it, it is the cheapest and fastest way to cut trees to length, it costs 100,000 and can process trees just as fast or faster than the Scorpionking which is like 500k. I kind of wish there was a way (which there is on PC I think) to mark the trees at the right lengths and be able to log with just the chainsaw, but on console it's hard to get the lengths even close. You can also load the logs with it, but its kind of frustrating to me so I use the biobeltz front end loader attachment instead.
humbe

Post by humbe »

Got inspired with the map.. Trying to dig up a usable set of mods myself to create a backwards tech map.. (Made a post in general about what I've found).. Found the cow pen you ended up with and the same horse and chicken pens I think. Didn't recognize the cow pen you tried first though. Nor the little house in the middle of your farm there.

There's quite some selection of old mods if one manage to find them ;D
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

humbe wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:29 pm Got inspired with the map.. Trying to dig up a usable set of mods myself to create a backwards tech map.. (Made a post in general about what I've found).. Found the cow pen you ended up with and the same horse and chicken pens I think. Didn't recognize the cow pen you tried first though. Nor the little house in the middle of your farm there.

There's quite some selection of old mods if one manage to find them ;D
Original Cow barn:
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

Old looking barns:
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

The original house and a lot of old looking buildings are part of the map package that comes when you play on the map. This map is really cool because it has all kinds of placeable buildings custom for the map, and the ability to paint bushes, place rocks, etc. Which is a breakthrough for Console, but might already have been an option for PC.