Re: No Man's Land by SimpleFarmer - New Farmer Series

Post by FSarndrone »

did simple farmer take a vacation? Translation:when is this story coming back
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

March - Year 2
March of Year 2 we ended up doing a little more logging as the ground was still too frozen to work with it. We kept the greenhouse watered and the animals cared for, while we waited for warmer weather. We have two horses that take a lot of riding per day, but they bring in a modest amount of income. It seems pretty clear though, that the time would be better spent logging, as it is more enjoyable, and it brings in much more money for the time spent doing so.
I felt good this year coming out of colder months, and was excited to get to work planting the fields in the new Claas 660.
Nothing doing
April - Year 2
The ground became warm enough to plant, and we set to work planting our two fields with Canola. Our oilseed radish was all tilled under, leaving two more passes with purchased fertilizer to me. Next year, I am going to try to do Oilseed twice, if possible, and see if I can get an extra round of fertilization. Out here it seems like we have a lot of time on our hands, so we may as well use it to diminish some of our costs.
The new Claas is so much nicer to own than the older equipment. When push comes to shove, or in this case pull, this tractor fights fire with fire. The weighted wheels dig into the soil, and the power proves a point. And did I say smooth. I could eat a strawberry-banana smoothie out of a petri dish on the dash while churning over war-torn terrain. It'd be like breaking toothpick. With caramel drizzled on top. Of the smoothie, not the toothpick. I tip my hat to you, Claas Arion 660 with weighted wheels and frontload attacher. :hi: bien hecho
Riding...

Riding while planting...
I haven’t returned the excavator yet, I am now thinking I will keep it, as it is totally paid for, and we have no loan balance. Plus there is a lot of downtime out here. In previous years, I used to stare blankly into the distance, and reminisce on the fake friends and ensuing tragedy that drove me into this desolate isolation. The rain drops would land on my head, and drip slowly off in total dismay. Why couldn’t they have landed in a happier place, they would weep.
But now, I have an excavator to cut and process trees when everything slows down; the rain doesn’t land on my head anymore, because the excavator has an enclosed cab with an electronic windshield wiper.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Somebody or something must have gotten SF. Haven't heard from him in awhile.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Sorry, I haven't been playing lately. I've started playing Snowrunner more, and now this game feels really flat compared 😊 I will be back sometime in the future I'm sure tho. Always come back to FS
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

I was just reading this over, I wonder what happened out here in no man's land. Kind of seems like Simple Farmer fell in a hole out there or something.

Or he was murdered...
Phila

Post by Phila »

See my 1955 post for selection of old kit you might find helpful.