The Yeahrightio farming group- A Multinational farm blog

Share your creations with us!
Yeahrightio

Re: Highlands dairy farm- a Purbeck valley farm blog

Post by Yeahrightio »

So, it's another day on the farm. I've whipped out the wallet and bought a deutz agrotron and horsch leeb spray rig. The f130 was the cultivation king today, as it worked up all of my owned country, and it did it quickly as well. The 208 mega was used for some oilseed harvesting, while the JCB was on tipper duties.

As for the cattle, I have been contemplating on buying some. So, I thought I'd by a herd of 20, which will be collected tomorrow.
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Another day has passed on the farm, with me getting none the richer. :lol:

Anyway, the fiat f130 had another day of cultivation, as it is chipping away at the remaining feilds I own ( 2 more to go). The deutz agrotron wrapped up spraying, and the horsch leeb spray rig was sold for a cheaper alternative ( amazone linkage sprayer mod). The spare cash was used to buy everything required to have a modest dairy herd. So now the only thing missing is the cattle, which will come more than likely during tomorrow's post.

The Claas mega was dusted off, as harvesting contracts are on the rise. It's being speced up for road use, because of the travel. It's a good combine for the value, but I don't currently have the oilseed rape knives fitted to the header, so I can't grow crops like canola. The oilseed knives are a front attach item to the grain header, but my front isn't speced for that at the moment.

And then the vicon MHS twin chopper was purchased for some silage harvesting. The fiat will be perfect for it.
Last edited by Yeahrightio on Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Here is my little deutz agrotron if anyone didn't know what it was.

So it's now day 4 at the farm, as some new equipment arrived. A John Deere 6120m arrived from the dealership, which will be on trial. The JCB and joskin betimax hauled 22 cows today. It's fast on the country roads and is better suited than a small truck.

The Claas mega set off on its roadtrip, looking for work to pay it off. It's only worth under 70000 for a full kit, but the bank wants Thier money, and it pays for itself that way. The agrotron was on the lemken lablador ripper, as my land needs tending to in terms of plowing. The fiat sat around, as there isn't really any work for it currently.

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

So, it's now ticked over to a week on the farm, with some progress going on.
Today, the cattle were watered and the straw was put down, but the feeding trough was hiding. With some help from my fellow farmers, I have been able to locate the troublesome trough, which is in a tight spot. The fastrac only just fits and everything else that the farm owns I don't feel will fit.

Anyway, the Claas Mega pushed on, completing 3 harvesting contracts. With 22000 made from the work, the combine is earning it's place. It's good value for money and it saves money for my other farming ventures. Only issue is, it's a tad bit long. But that's just my thoughts.

As for the rest of the farm, nothing much was done. All of the time I did farm work was used to locate the feeder and harvest the crop jobs.

Sorry there is no image today, the Xbox app won't let me download the images for me to post them.

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

brynog

Post by brynog »

I'm also finding things a bit tight so to the left of the silage pit I've cut the two tress and dug the roots out so I can make a little gravel area for storage of my trailers and my second cut silage bales. Its made a huge difference to the feel of that space now.
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

I'm opting for 3 point link equipment, which is better than trailed for the yard space.

The cattle are happy, and the feilds have been spread. What more could you ask for in a farm. Today was relaxed, as all of the chores were completed. Sowing and cultivating were finished and I've moved around some round bales, so everything is tidy.

But before all of this comes a job like no other, manure spreading. It's a good fertilizer source, but it needs a heavy amount of manure to spread the whole feild, so I was back and forth to the pile with the JCB fastrac and the JCB telehandler worked hard to load all of it up.

Everything else was quiet. The f130 and agrotron sat around and the mega had no contracts to fill.

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Very sorry about the lack of posts, Ive been away fixing a bulldozer for the past few days in real life.

The cattle were fed, with the new Emily am17 feeder. It's on a trial, like every new peice of equipment, it gets banged, bashed and sprayed with dirt to see if it will past the test. It's a bullet proof peice of gear and is just the right size.

I had a look at the shop today, as new ursus tractors were in the list. I leased a ursus 4x4 c360 with a cabin. Some TUR loader equipment was also there, so it was my natural instinct to lease this equipment and put it to the test. I always like to test new tractors, so I always have the FSI tech chipper on hand for a pto test, a fully loaded Kroger tipper with 21000 of lime for road power and a small plough to see the tractors capabilities. This tractor seems to have plenty of power for 52hp at the motor.

The Xbox app won't give me my screen shots, so no photos again. But for those who view regularly, would you like to see more images?

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

A new harvester for the farm, as the mega had to go.

This combine is the Claas dominator 108 sl maxi, from its own DLC. The mega just didn't have enough grip to get along the road ( I suspect a mod update might be needed to improve traction of the machine, as it rocks and bounces heavily). It was too long and it didn't hold nearly as much as the new dominator I now own. I will point out this was the first bank loan Ive taken out on this save, so all previous purchases were from my cash. I was loaned an extra $35000 to buy the dominator, C 510 front and trailer, which will improve my productivity in terms of harvesting capabilities.

There is also a leased Case International 5150 maxxum in the background, hitched up to the tipper. It's the 50000 edition, with the "plus" badge fitted. A very rare tractor, the 50000 plus was built to celebrate 50000 Nuess built maxxums, which I think is cool. It is a cheaper tractor than previous tractors I have owned, but I want to see it's capabilities of ploughing, drilling and baling before I buy one.

The rest of the farm was quiet, as the C 360 and agrotron fed my cattle, which have risen to 24 in the herd.

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Sorry about the lack of posts, it's been raining IRL and I've been celebrating. 🎉🎉 We haven't seen good rain for 3 years and this saves our bacon. Fingers crossed for bumper crops this year. 🙂

Anyway, Ive changed my game slightly. Since all of my crops were harvested, Ive decided to go to seasons now, which changes my game. I used to play with it, but a mod conflict made it lag badly so I stopped using seasons. After a big cleanout of mod space, it functions much better now, so I'm using it.

This fendt 511c is a new addition to the farm. The cattle side unfortunately seems to be floundering, I just put in to much and I don't get enough. I sold a feild for this bit of kit and a few loan payments were also made. After a 567890 point turn to get out of the shop, I started discing, which is so much faster than my subsoiler I used to use.

I've shifted some gear to the grain farm, and depending on how the cattle go, I might begin growing root crops and I might bale more hay, with some contract work off to the side.

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Information:

For anyone who may be reading, the blog will have less posts from now on. I have secured a rather big farm job in real life, so my fs time had been slashed. I work on weekends also, so my posts will be infrequent, in which I am very sorry for.

I hope you understand.

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Wow, how did I miss this thread. Like the work you've been doing :thumbsup:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Well, it's been a long time hasn't it. I've made some real money from work, but now it's time for farm Sim.

My Purbeck save is no more, because my 2 year old cousin thought it was funny to delete all of my saves and make her own Ravenport save with only vanilla equipment. It's bad enough she is using vanilla equipment when I have mods installed, but she got a laugh from it, and I did to be honest. So I don't have that save anymore, which is a bummer, but I haven't played in about 3-4 weeks. Which leads me to this. Ive been scrolling through properties (on the modhub for realism) and Two new farms have come up in my market, sandy bay and welker farms. However, I might head back to where it all began at meadowgrove (once it updates on console).

I'm having a go at farm Sim later on today, so I'll post where the farm has moved to now when I get on. 👍
Last edited by Yeahrightio on Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Dairydeere wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:23 pm Wow, how did I miss this thread. Like the work you've been doing :thumbsup:
Thanks dairydeere, I haven't been around much lately on my xbox. I'm playing today, so I might jump onto welker farms or sandy bay for a new region to play on.

Oh, I'll just add, for those who see my Xbox game tag as "active", that's my younger cousin ( I trust him as he is 14, not 2 and he won't delete my save games) who is using it to play as he only has 17. He's at my house for a little while yet, so if my account is active, it's most likely him.
Last edited by Yeahrightio on Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Bummer to hear about the lost save, you actually inspired me to have a go at Purbeck :lol: . Created a topic on it in Community Corner, I'll be excited to hear what new properties you have found interesting
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Purbeck is good, but the cattle feeding trigger wants looking at. It works but it's a hard one to find in the yellow box area around the feeder.

I'm glad I was a inspiration source. Let's hope my next save is a good one.

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s