The Yeahrightio farming group- A Multinational farm blog

Share your creations with us!
Yeahrightio

The Yeahrightio farming group- A Multinational farm blog

Post by Yeahrightio »

Hi everyone. I'm making a series about my Meadowgrove save game, in the form of a blog. A few pictures and a bit of writing here and there. Feel free to comment. I'm starting on a newish save ( 2 hours before this blog). Edit: I forgot to add I'm playing on Xbox, without seasons as meadowgrove doesn't support it yet. I'm playing with weeds, lime and plowing on, but crop destruction off. I'm playing with a selection of mods. Drop in a comment if you think I should use a different mod to do the farm job.

A new deutz fahr agrotron 150.6 arrived on site today, as I said goodbye to my MF 8140. It was sold as a pair with an Anderson mixer wagon, which bought in 50000 pounds for me. A Krone big pack 120 80 was also sourced along with the deutz 150.6, which was put straight to work on some straw baling.

My cattle herd has now reached a measly 20, but it's a start. I bought in 40000 pounds worth of hay, straw and silage bales for TMR, silage, straw bedding and some hay for my cattle. I'm now broke. Seems quite stupid, but I bought plenty of land, so I might make back my investment.

Edit don_apple: topic moved from german section to 'Community Corner' in english section.
Last edited by Yeahrightio on Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:41 pm, edited 6 times in total.
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
Yeahrightio

Re: Bringa dairy farm- a meadowgrove farm blog

Post by Yeahrightio »

Another day, another dollar. That's how it works on Highlands dairy farm. Anyway, some work went into contracts today, with 5700 pounds comming in. New Holland tractors were added to the mix today, making the deutz the only green tractor. But a Claas dominator 108 was sourced for sunflower harvesting, which was a good buy. But I don't have a grain front for it, so that's the next purchase.

Last edited by Yeahrightio on Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

A new day at Bringa. It's an Australian name for an English dairy. 😅 Any way, an old TX32 NH was bought to fill in grain harvesting needs, while a 110-90 NH might have to go. It's to slow and this new deutz seems to be my favourite tractor. My t6 175 hasn't turned a wheel in a while, as all the little tractors do its work.

Two NH 40 series tractors are the dairy managers. Using a 115hp tractor on a mixer is alright, so that's what my 7840 does. A NH 5640 was sourced as a replacement for a JD 6620 with loader. The 5640 might need a weight block at the rear, but it's nimble for the yard. The 6620 was great, but I put to much into it to make a profit from it. The t6 175 has more power than anything I ever owned, but could my dairy pay it off. Maybe, maybe not.

Here's a snapshot of my gear ( minus the agrotron, Claas dominator and JCB 525 telehandler)

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

A new day on the farm. Silage harvesting was the work today. I sold my New Holland tractors, as I have bought 3 which are better for my operation. I also received 100000 pounds from the quick sale. I now own the deutz agrotron 150.6 (I didn't sell it with the New Hollands), a Case IH vestrum 110 and a JD 6920s. The JCB telehandler stepped up today, being on the silage fork, but I bogged it in the silage. Alot of tooing and frowing to get it out. The deutz agrotron pulled a JD 3765 forage chopper with a tarrup 107 side tipper attached. This allowed me to hire the worker to harvest the silage while I used the vestrum to shuttle it back and forth in a brantner 8401 tipper. The JCB leveled the pit and the 6920s was on the seed drill for most of the day. I now have over 100000 litres worth of chaff in my bunker, but I'm aiming for 500000 litres worth. I'll see how I go.

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Here we can see a parked JCB. With a Jan veenhuis tipper attached, it's ready to go. But I went to take off and it turns out that it doesn't have enough power. It was a lease vehicle, which I would have thought would have been alright. That's why the vestrum was put to work, Because the JCB sat there, with its Nokian tires not gripping at all. The modern classics DLC is an absolute beauty by the way. Thank you to mattjxs modding for this awesome pack. Maybe road use for next time.

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

humbe

Post by humbe »

Sounds like you're burning through quite a bit of equipment over there.. Must be a flourishing economy :)
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Oh mate, I want to have endless funds. 🤣 I like the tractors I own now. But the deutz has clocked up 8.2 hours in 3 hours worth of save game. So I need to swap it out with something else before it becomes a red on the economic chart. Any suggestions on a new tractor for the farm Humbe. 🤔🤔 I need it to be cheap and over 100hp, with a front end loader attachment. If I get front 3 point link that's a bonus.
humbe wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:31 pm Sounds like you're burning through quite a bit of equipment over there.. Must be a flourishing economy :)

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Another day on the farm. Plenty of cultivation going on today. A lemken smargard cultivator (modern classics) was sourced for cultivation duties, while the kverneland eg 85 ( also modern classics) was used for plowing. The deutz agrotron was the cultivator tractor for today, while the JD 6920s was in the background with a leased Kuhn btf4000 seeder. I had the background music app going on my xbox and I was listening to the Australian band "The chats", with their song "pub feed" on my personal radio. The Case IH vestrum was sitting all day collecting cobwebs. It might be on the chopping block if I can find something cheep enough with more power. The JCB telehandler did some mucking out from the cow shed. Does anyone think I should change the name of my farm?

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

humbe

Post by humbe »

Yeahrightio wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:59 am Oh mate, I want to have endless funds. 🤣 I like the tractors I own now. But the deutz has clocked up 8.2 hours in 3 hours worth of save game. So I need to swap it out with something else before it becomes a red on the economic chart. Any suggestions on a new tractor for the farm Humbe. 🤔🤔 I need it to be cheap and over 100hp, with a front end loader attachment. If I get front 3 point link that's a bonus.
humbe wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:31 pm Sounds like you're burning through quite a bit of equipment over there.. Must be a flourishing economy :)
The Case Im running is the cheapest tractor Ive found with a front pto
viewtopic.php?f=988&t=164415&start=75#p1284974

See the spoiler for details. With front loader attachment on the pto is covered though. Has engine options from 95 to 120 hp.
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

That's the 1056xl isn't it Humbe. I've never bought it. It might be a replacement for the vestrum.

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

humbe

Post by humbe »

Yeahrightio wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:25 pm That's the 1056xl isn't it Humbe. I've never bought it. It might be a replacement for the vestrum.
Yes.. I have the smallest one, 956XL, but 1056XL Turbo is at 120 hp for a measly $33.000, mine is only $14.500 and if you can get away with 100 hp there's 105 hp 956 XL Turbo for $23.000. It basically got all utility options apart from narrow wheels, but with limited horse powers, you might not be using gear that enables it to use both PTOs at once :)
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Yeah, I only use front 3 point for weights. That seems cheap enough for me. It might have even been delivered to the farm by this afternoon. A fendt 916 Vario TMS might also be on that truck. 😎

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Yet another day has passed on the farm. Today, cattle feeding was the main objective, with a leased JD 4440 2wd as the mixer wagon tractor. The deutz agrotron was loading bales, while the case vestrum sat around. I went out and leased the case IH 1056xl to see if it could be a possible vestrum replacement.

A suprise tractor from my local dealer, a fendt 920 Vario TMS was acquired for some cultivation contact's. It is a lease tractor, but after its excellent performance, I need to make the money for one. It pulled well and has a good road speed. Either a new tractor or a sale of the NH TX32. I still own the Claas dominator 108 for sunflower harvesting and I'm seriously considering buying a grain header for it.

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Another day on Bringa. Thanks for all of the views guys, it gives me something to do every afternoon, asides from real life farm work. I didn't think anyone would be interested, so thanks for poping in to have a look.

One small step for man, one giant leap for this farmer. I scrounged up the funds for a fendt 924 TMS Vario. The bank needed persuading, but I extracted the funds for this mighty beast. It's got plenty of horses under the bonnet and inspires further farming.

It was thrown in the deep end, cultivating some stubble with a amazone catros 5002 disc. A good combo. Other tractors were working, with the deutz spreading some lime and the JD 6920s on the dangreville slurry one tanker. The JCB telehandler had a rest, while my cow heard has increased to 25. Not a bad innings for the herd.

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

I also cane to the conclusion that the name "Bringa" isn't suitable for an English farm. I'm changing it to Highlands dairy farm, after my ancestors came from land like those.

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s