Betrayed - Turning a Volvo into a farm - Yet another tiresome farm blog :)

Share your creations with us!
FSarndrone

Re: Betrayed - Turning a Volvo into a farm - Yet another tiresome farm blog :)

Post by FSarndrone »

humbe wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:08 pm ..... as the loading wagon requires the input to come from the ground

. No it doesn’t :wink3: unless yours can’t :confusednew:
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
humbe

Post by humbe »

FSarndrone wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:54 am
humbe wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:08 pm ..... as the loading wagon requires the input to come from the ground

. No it doesn’t :wink3: unless yours can’t :confusednew:
Mine doesn't look like it at least as it has a roof, but I can give it a shot and check it out..

August has come and we've done a second grass harvest. Almost 300.000 liters of grass in the bunker silo, and now nothing is up on top of the walls at least. Lets see if that makes a difference. Bought a Holaras MES 400 leveller and unloaded grass in the middle and moved it around instead. Not entirely easy though. Especially when filling up the front. The grass sticks to the leveller and I have to drive forwards to get it off, and then content ends up in front of the bunker.
humbe

Post by humbe »

Loading from the bunker with the newly acquired milling machine was great. A bargain for £5.000.

However, while it didn't list a power requirement, it seems to be draining so much power out of our Zetor's PTO that while having it turned on, the Zetor is not able to drive at all. Adding to the complexity, as it doesn't have a front 3pnt and PTO, we can't use it in front while having a trailer in the back. I guess we need to prioritize getting a stronger tractor, preferably one with a front PTO.

We somehow also managed to fill into our loading wagon, although the spacing between the bars in it's roof has the same spacing as the bars on the sides that keep the silage within. Peculiar.

Something didn't turn out like we wanted to though.

This time around, the tarp went back as it should as we used the milling machine. However, the remaining silage bits isn't possible to pick up. The two bits closest to the front of the bunker looks like they could be in the exact same spots as the bits that was stuck last time around too.

The piles on the right side seen from the picture above, has a bit of grass on top. Could I have filled the bunker too full, so it didn't cover up everything, and the top grass makes it impossible for me to pick up the silage underneath it?

What is also peculiar is that the silage bunker now says it is empty, even though we can see quite a bit of silage in the image. At least on the good side, painting the terrain after last attempt at least enabled us to use the bunker again..

Getting kind of tired of this. Is there an issue with this bunker or am I doing something wrong? If there's a max amount of grass I can stuff within. How do I know how much grass I can stuff within?
humbe

Post by humbe »

November is here.. We've got £134.682 in the bank, more than covering our loan of £15.000. I think we have a bit of extra income from the BGA soon too.

The current worth of our vehicle and equipment is £62.033, so our total worth is £181.715. Meaning the bank will allow us a loan of up to £90.857, which is up to £75.000 more than we have in loan now. If we take out the maximum loan we have £209.682 to spend.

We're paying £126 in interest twice a month, so in total we're paying £3.024 in interest over a year, which is 20.16% interest. Quite an expensive loan.

I see there's a sheep pasture for sale for £201.192.. That's scary close to the maximum the bank will allow us to loan. Though, at least land value around here stays pretty static, so land is almost as good security as money for the bank.

We ended up getting the sheep farm, and mowing the grass there for more silage for the BGA, and used whatever money we got from that and from caring for horses to buy sheep. That made us able to afford 93 sheep in total, after buying a flatbed trailer and a bale fork we can use to move wool to the spinnery.

As spring hit, we have saved up £9.678 caring for horses in winter after we stopped buying sheep. The health of the horses are not good though. There's still hay in their trough but not that much, so wondering if that's the issue. They should of course get oat to eat too, which we don't have. We should try to get a field to grow oats when we can, but that's quite an investment too. With income from horses and sheep, and some more from silage to the BGA, we're hoping to afford a field so we can grow oats at least next year. Lets see how it goes..
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

humbe wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:10 pm
This time around, the tarp went back as it should as we used the milling machine. However, the remaining silage bits isn't possible to pick up. The two bits closest to the front of the bunker looks like they could be in the exact same spots as the bits that was stuck last time around too.

The piles on the right side seen from the picture above, has a bit of grass on top. Could I have filled the bunker too full, so it didn't cover up everything, and the top grass makes it impossible for me to pick up the silage underneath it?

What is also peculiar is that the silage bunker now says it is empty, even though we can see quite a bit of silage in the image. At least on the good side, painting the terrain after last attempt at least enabled us to use the bunker again..

Getting kind of tired of this. Is there an issue with this bunker or am I doing something wrong? If there's a max amount of grass I can stuff within. How do I know how much grass I can stuff within?
That’s a bug with the milling machine mod it always leaves some fake silage in the pit
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew: