Spunky Dogg Farms & Forestry

Share your creations with us!
Spunky_Dogg

Re: Spunky Dogg Farms

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

Hello Spunky fans!

Welcome back and I have something new for you. I mentioned in my last post that I may have figured out a way to do video. The answer to that is short, highlight-reel style videos. The idea I have is to record a couple clips of each in-game day and then put them together in a weekly highlight reel set to music.

Then I thought that may be a lot of videos, so my question to all of you is do you want to see that? Or do you want me to do a video when we have larger projects, like the road construction/logging one we're doing now?

Let me know your thoughts. In the meantime, here's my first attempt at video:

[YouTube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbnsHyk99QU[/YouTube]
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

First like.
Looking good
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

I'll be honest, I like a weekly recap style, but in not sure if every ingame needs a highlight. Maybe just stick to highlighting milestones on the projects, or catching something funny, interesting or unique and compiling them together. Then if the video isn't long enough, you can add day to day operations as filler material.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I agree with Bryan, do a big video here and there and continue doing the random written recap with some screenshots. I do really like the video format. Keep them like that
Spunky_Dogg

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

Just to clarify, you guys like the blog style with screenshots and videos of larger projects. I can do that. The videos will never be more than a few minutes long, usually as long as whatever song they're tied to.

And we've got some bigger projects coming like Fort Donaldson and then actually putting the farm together.
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

That's exactly it, Spunky. I went and got subscribed to your YouTube channel so I don't miss out. But keep on trucking, and we'll see you up the road. :)
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Spunky_Dogg

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

Bryan83 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:52 pm That's exactly it, Spunky. I went and got subscribed to your YouTube channel so I don't miss out. But keep on trucking, and we'll see you up the road. :)
I have my old school WWF E-Fed stuff on there as well, just FYI. But, thanks for subscribing and yes, I'll see you up the road! :biggrin2:
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
Spunky_Dogg

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

Bryan83 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:52 pm That's exactly it, Spunky. I went and got subscribed to your YouTube channel so I don't miss out. But keep on trucking, and we'll see you up the road. :)
I have my old school WWF E-Fed stuff on there as well, just FYI. But, thanks for subscribing and yes, I'll see you up the road! :biggrin2:
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

Another subscriber added, i dont usually comment here but always keeping up to date on you're progress Spunky.
Spunky_Dogg

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

Version 2 of Raccoon Corners is progressing nicely.

Hello Spunky fans!

My apologies for the lack of updates, May is one of the busiest months at work and I didn't realize it had been more than a week since my last update.

The good news is we continue to work on road construction and are slowly putting the pieces together on what Version 2 of Spunky Dogg Farms will look like. We recently purchased some property - which included an abandoned house as you can see below - through a real estate tax sale. For those of you who followed Version 1 of SDF, you may or may not be happy to know the farm will be set back up in its original location, although will be reconfigured quite a bit from what it used to be.

Our purchase of the farm property through a real estate tax sale included this abandoned house that we'll have to chop our way to when the time comes.

In addition to infrastructure, we continue to work on the sellpoints of No Man's Land. The one shown below is "Milk Land," according to the PDA and includes a dairy sellpoint. Milk Land also includes the dairy complex itself, with space for a combined 700 cattle between the two buildings.

Milk Land includes a dairy sellpoint and the dairy itself in the same footprint. There is space for 700 cattle combined between the two buildings.

Elsewhere on the map, the construction of U.S. Route 83 is about halfway done. We are definitely farther along than Version 1 and I am encouraged by our progress.

Show me that horizon.

The message we want to get out, of course, is that we're still working. Although the process may be slow, and tedious at times if I'm honest, I'm happy with the direction we're taking. I think Version 2 of our operation could definitely turn out better than the original.

Keeping with our tradition, nothing is wasted. The right-of-ways are mowed and the grass collected before plowing and paving begins.

Hopefully, I'll have more to show you soon. In the meantime, stay classy and see you up the road!
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

As long as you're happy with how your new farm will look, that's what counts. Enjoy seeing the update, Spunky. Can't wait to see US83 completed.

Are you going to be bringing back the Ft. Donaldson SRA?

DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Bryan83 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 3:35 am As long as you're happy with how your new farm will look, that's what counts. Enjoy seeing the update, Spunky. Can't wait to see US83 completed.

Are you going to be bringing back the Ft. Donaldson SRA?
*thumbsup* :this: 100%
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Spunky_Dogg

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

Fort Donaldson is on the list :) I have a spot picked out for it, just gotta get the roads done first. It's coming soon
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

That looks awesome Spunky. I agree, May is a busy month, especially for farmers. We've just started harvest, so this is probably the only time I'll check the forums in the next week or so :lol: I really like the looks of that dairy farm!
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Spunky_Dogg

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

After 20 in-game days and nearly 60 real-time hours, U.S. Highway 83 is complete!

Hello Spunky Fans!

As you can see with the screenshot above, U.S. Highway 83 is finally complete! It definitely was a heck of a project. As you've seen before in this space, it was a very detailed process in mowing, plowing and paving (painting). My vocabulary isn't big enough to describe the sense of accomplishment I feel.

Here are some screenshots of the completed highway.

This is the only stretch of the highway without lighting due to nearby objects, but still a picturesque setting.

With the main highway completed, now the focus shifts to secondary routes, which can be seen at left. These will primarily be gravel and won't have streetlights due to slot count.

It wouldn't be a Spunky Dogg project if something didn't get stuck in the mud.

We have plans for this mowed section, with details to be revealed later.
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging