Spunky Dogg Farms & Forestry

Share your creations with us!
Spunky_Dogg

Re: Spunky Dogg Farms

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

"A hundred and fifty years ago, miners feasted upon this fertile valley, leaving the landscape scarred and abandoned. Mother Nature has slowly been reclaiming it since, but now a new challenger stands at the horizon."

In this secluded corner of No Man's Land, a father's son continues the legacy laid before him armed with just a chainsaw and a smattering of equipment. In a world where some legends are told that turn to dust or to gold, you will remember this."
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
Spunky_Dogg

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

The Year 4 harvest has begun.

Welcome back Spunky fans!

I hope you've been enjoying Junior's updates, he's definitely been busy I think we can all see that! Back at Spunky Dogg Farms, we have FINALLY got the first part of our harvest in as the weather has been challenging.

In fact, we only got about a field and a half into our wheat harvest when the skies opened up once again and cost us a five-hour delay. I wish I could say the results have been promising, but to be honest they've been downright depressing. Almost to the point of what-the-heck-happened depressing.

Here's what we have so far in Year 4:
• Wheat: 10,722L (-1,517)
• Oats: 7,426L (-2,169)
• Barley: 7,979 (-996)
• Canola: 15,173L (-2,488)

This is how far we got before rain interrupted us once again and we had to pull equipment from the field.

The numbers in parentheses indicate the difference from Year 3 to Year 4. I consider these a true apples-to-apples comparison as there have been no changes to crop type nor field size year-to-year. Those who have been following this space long enough know I've experimented with different crops over the years, but the four fields we have these crops in have stayed pretty consistent.

We did try something different before spring planting in spraying digestate right after the seeds were in the ground and then adding liquid fertilizer for the second fertilizer state. I don't know if that caused these low numbers, but we may try going with just liquid fertilizer next spring.

The other option is to rotate the crops in the wheat/oats/barley/canola fields and see if that makes a difference.

After a five-hour delay due to rain, we're finishing up our wheat.

As far as our other crops, I'm not too encouraged by soybeans. There's parts that didn't germinate and some that withered and I'm feeling it's going to be a big loss from last year. Corn is looking OK, so far, and we're trying sunflowers for the first time so we'll see how that goes.

Thanks for reading and see you up the road!
- Spunky

Grain truck driving for canola.
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

👋 good luck on the corn
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Sorry to hear about the bad luck, have you been rotating the crops over the years or just doing same on same?
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Spunky_Dogg

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

Bryan83 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:49 am Sorry to hear about the bad luck, have you been rotating the crops over the years or just doing same on same?
Some I have been rotating, but wheat, oats and barley have remained the same. I think canola's in its second (maybe?) year in the field it's at and about the same with soybeans, so perhaps the time has come to change things up a bit.
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
Spunky_Dogg

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

Home Sweet Home

Howdy folks, Junior here!

It's been a busy few months here as we've built our new home and planted our first crops (wheat, barley and canola). We've also got tomatoes, lettuce and strawberries growing in the greenhouse and bees in the forest by the old Spanish Mission.

While all this is going on, we're also logging various areas of the region with the two sawmills producing planks that are being converted into furniture at two different factories. Busy times indeed for the residents of Green Hills.

Here are some pics of our recent activities:

Loading logs outside of Ragetti's Italian Restorante

Sunset at Beaver Pond

Clear-cutting Zombie Island

Loading trucks at Miller's Sawmill as the snowflakes fly

The family homestead
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Looking good, junior.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Spunky_Dogg

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

Taking delivery of a new toy

Howdy folks! It's Junior here!

Sorry for the lack of updates, we've been busy "populating the world" so to speak with decorations and placeables. I'm hoping to do a "walkthrough" video showing off our version of No Man's Land and the world our universe exists in.

We've finished clear-cutting Zombie Island and have planted soybeans on the open land. We've also planted Sorghum on a field we cleared last fall next to the grape processing facility.

Another truckload of logs for the mill

Elsewhere on the map, our bees are producing honey at a good clip and our greenhouse rotates between strawberries, lettuce and tomatoes. Our tree farm next to the sawmill is progressing well and could be ready for harvesting in the next few months.

Unloading seeds for the planter

As far as future projects go, we're going to be planting a new field of polars by the power plant and perhaps make a foray into animal husbandry. We're getting into a bit of rhythm now, which for us helps generate a consistent revenue stream.

That's all for now! Spunky Sr. (AKA The Old Man) will have the next update in this space.

Part of the Department of Transportation's maintenance yard in No Man's Land.
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Looks like you're pretty well settled in. Time to get growing!

DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Both operations are looking good.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

What a great amount of progress! I look forward to Junior’s updates and envy his written prowess. This is a great mix of old and new, too.
Spunky_Dogg

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

Hello Spunky fans!

Spunky Sr. here to say hello and give a quick update after being away from the big glowing box for awhile :biggrin2: Things are going well on the farm, but Junior's about convinced me that the grass may truly be greener on the other side.

I've had some interest in the farm from a couple of out-of-towners and the time may be right to see what the world can offer this ol' man. While we've built a home on this patch of dirt of No Man's Land, it's human nature to want to roam.

So, my question is this...what's the next map you'd like to see Spunky Dogg Farms take on? (other than NML). Junior will stay on NML, he likes it there and it's more his style.

As always, comments and opinions are welcome!
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Umbreon Valley and Calm Lands have a similar feeling to No Mans Land but are new landscapes to explore. If you were wanting to get into the more developed side of maps, Frankenmuth might be a good fit. I can't say much beyond those maps as I'm in the vast realm of PC maps and cannot offer any more console maps that I have experience with lol
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I thought there was a South American one in the style of no mans land but I can’t seem to find it now.
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

Portugal South and Pioneers Map: One South American map and Pioneers is one of my current ones. I like it because it’s pretty flat. I don’t Terrascape well.