Spunky Dogg Farms & Forestry

Share your creations with us!
Spunky_Dogg

Re: Spunky Dogg Farms

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

I'll admit I'm intrigued in an international one for Spunky Sr. I've never done an international map before and some of the Brazilian maps I saw come out for 19 looked pretty cool. I know there's some UK maps that look pretty good too.
For me as a storyteller, I'm going to have to come up with a pretty plausible reason to send the ol' man across the pond other than the whole retire-and-open-a-vinyard-in-Tuscany angle, lol. :lol:
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
Spunky_Dogg

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

Also (and apologies for the double post), I want to thank you all for your friendship since we've been on this journey together. It's really cool, to me anyway, to have like-minded people to talk about FS with.
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

Spunky Sr. probably had a far away uncle who has left a legacy to the second son of his departed wife’s brother. What is this legacy, you might ask, but a beautiful but undeveloped farm. It could happen.
Spunky_Dogg

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

Sunset at Glacier Lake

Hello folks! Long time, no news I know

Spunky Junior here with another update. Dad is prepping the farm for the move and we've narrowed down a few locations for his new adventure in Frankenmuth, Stone Valley and The Western Winds. The family is originally from Michigan and dad's talked about returning "home" before he's done, so there's that.

As far as myself, our first harvest has come in on No Man's Land. We went with barley (8,692L), wheat (24,912L), canola (5,815L), sorghum (6,538L), soybeans (7,150L) and leased a farm that grows grapes (2,851L).

The barley, wheat and sorghum all went into the production of flour, which we then turned into bread and sold under the family label of Spunky Dogg Farms.

Getting the harvest in before the rain.

Grapes, of course, is a new crop for us and balancing the needs of the vine between all our other projects has been a challenge. The farm is also a bit off the main road and easy to miss, but I would call our first harvest a success. The grapes were then turned into juice and boxed, which were then sold at the market in Frontiersville.

The Grapes of Wrath.

We're in the countdown to winter now. Our maple trees are set up and established in the Shawnee National Forest, which is yet another side hustle for us. We've parked a semi trailer out there and have been filing it as soon as we get the bottles boxed.

Otherwise, we're living and loving life. It's a challenging life, one that requires daily monitoring of various projects. But it's also fun. Both in the field and here behind the PC.

Thanks as always for reading. Happy Mother's Day to all the awesome mothers out there and to the dads filling both roles.

That's a lot of wheat!
Last edited by Spunky_Dogg on Sun May 15, 2022 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Dynamite update, as per usual. How's US 83 holding up over the years?
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Spunky_Dogg

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

Bryan83 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:11 pm Dynamite update, as per usual. How's US 83 holding up over the years?
U.S. 83 is still there as always :biggrin2: I rebuilt it in FS22. The route's changed a little. One of these days I need to do a driving video to show off everything. I will do that. I really wish someone would create U.S. road signs for FS22, it's a little weird not having them in FS22 yet compared to FS19.
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

I'll be looking forward to that video tour.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

SimulatedFarmer

Bryan83 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:34 am I'll be looking forward to that video tour.
As will I.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Ditto looks great
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Spunky_Dogg

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

Just to give you all a quick update on Spunky Sr. The map that will be chosen is Holmkara (when it's released). This will be my first attempt at a true "survival" map and I'm excited to try it.

It will be true survival (no cheating with the money mod) played at the hardest difficult. This will be a video series of short videos called "Timber Tales" which will be different than the screenshots I do with Junior. It will take some precise planning and good use of funds to make it work.

So, I hope you enjoy what's ahead. Thanks for reading and, as always, see you up the road!
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Sounds good man, I’m looking forward to it
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Good luck on that, I guess now we'll really see what the Spunky Dogg is made of.

SimulatedFarmer

This will be fun!
Spunky_Dogg

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

If you're getting that origin story vibe, you're not wrong :biggrin2:

Hello Spunky fans!

Spunky Senior (the O.G.) here with an update. It's been far too long and while you've been reading about Junior's adventures, it's time I filled you in on some of my own.

As Junior told you, I've sold the farm and moved back out in the woods, where it all started so many years ago. A tent, a skidsteer and a couple of trucks.

Getting back to that just feels...right. Seeing something you've invested so much time in come full circle, it's refreshing in a way.

I learned so many lessons in those woods not only as a logger, but as a
person. Nature has a way of testing your wits and it truly is survival of the fittest.

As you can see, I've purchased some land for a fresh start and it definitely was a challenge getting Old Mac up these logging trails (video on that later). A lot of mashing the accelerator to the floorboard and trying to find a clear path through the ruts.

But, the end justifies the means and we made it.

Stay tuned, as a lot more updates and fun stuff to come. As always, thanks for reading and see you up the road!
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
SimulatedFarmer

Let the adventure begin!