Spunky Dogg Farms & Forestry

Share your creations with us!
Spunky_Dogg

Re: Spunky Dogg Farms

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

Thank you all for your comments and yes, indeed, this does stink considering how much progress was made.

I've thought about this at length today and honestly, there's good and bad points to make about restarting on NML. Do I have new/better mods than what I did when I first started? Yes. Do I know more in general than when I started? Yes. Do I think I could do it better than the first time around? I'd like to think I could.

Like was pointed out earlier, there some things that I could do differently than before just because of the experience gained through trial-and-error. I realize now that I did things backwards in that I should have built the roads first and then developed the sellpoints/town areas. If I do it again, that will be the way of it.

In my mind, I may not find another map with as much creative freedom as NML. I've written before in this space on how I kinda miss the presence of people on NML and feel it's the map's biggest drawback.

I do have ideas if I decide to restart on NML. One of which would be to do a divided highway with a grassy median instead of the wide, two-lane road style that you have seen previously on here. I would also choose a different spot for the Fort Donaldson State Recreation Area.

Taking everything into consideration, I've come to a decision: I'm going to wait and see what Lancyboi's American Life of Farming map is like. He's doing some intriguing stuff with it. If it's something I feel I can work with for the blog, I'll make the change.

If not, I will return to NML. One thing is constant, however, and that is Spunky Dogg Farms will continue on. The brand will survive no matter which map it's on. I feel I've built it into something that's recognizable and it kinda feels like home for me.

While we wait, I'm not going to sit idle. I'm going to make some plans for a restart on NML just in case things go that direction. So, as always, thanks for reading and see you (hopefully soon) up the road!
Last edited by Spunky_Dogg on Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

*thumbsup*
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Do what makes you happy, buddy.

See you up US 83.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Phila

Post by Phila »

That is frustrating ! But on upside it has all been captured here and we all loved it.
Spunky_Dogg

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

News to follow. In the meantime, here's a taste :biggrin2:

See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

“After the terrible spring rains of 2009 devastated the region of No Mans Land with flooding and Tornadoes a new round of Rural Reinvestment Act funding is breathing new life into the area”

I know that was 12yrs ago, just trying to explain the tree growth.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Spunky Dogg Farms 2: Spunky Dogg Rides Again.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

@Spunky_Dogg
Glad to see you getting back into it, its always hard to bounce back after losing a save.
Looking forward to seeing what is to come.
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Is there no way that you can backup your work on the console other than the save game?
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

I know with Xbox its backed up on the cloud, I can switch back and forth between our 3 xboxes with no problem. and spend maybe a few seconds syncing data between whichever Xbox and the cloud. Idk about PS4 though, you would think it would back up in a similar manner.
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
Spunky_Dogg

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

All,

Thank you for all the positive comments. Much love and appreciation to all of you.

I've posted before in this space I was debating between the American Life of Farming from Lancyboi and returning to No Man's Land for the rebirth and I realized that we built something together on NML. I know I'm the one playing it, but I really felt it was something we all took some enjoyment out of on this space.

So, as the rebirth of Spunky Dogg Farms begins (think of it as like a new Doctor on Doctor Who) there's some changes.

As I teased above, I'm spending more time on the sell points and making them as custom as I can, including the roadside diner, American sawmill and the bakery (which I feel still needs something, just not sure yet what yet)

During Version 1, the sell points were...just there for the most part. I plopped them down, put a road leading to them and that was it. I'm trying to be more creative with them now.

Also in a change from Version 1, infrastructure (I.E. roads, bridges and rivers) comes first. I'm planning to spend my first in-game year doing that and then setting up the farm. It was in reverse order last time.

Fort Donaldson Recreation Area will be in a different location now. I am thinking of giving it a more summer camp-like feel, but with consoles you've got to make do with what you've got on that.

Was there much love for Raccoon Corners from last time? It was our main city and I think maybe I can reincorporate it differently with the diner, bakery and a farm shop I haven't shown yet.

The placeable pillow mod that just came out will be a gamechanger for us as well. No need to commute back and forth from the farmhouse every day for logging jobs.

Once the sell points, street signs, lighting and decorations are all in, that will give me an indication of how many slots I'll actually have left for farming.

So, as always, thanks for reading and see you up the road! (see you later)
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Let's go, Spunky.

DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Bryan83 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:08 am Let's go, Spunky.
:this: *thumbsup*
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Sounds good man, looking forward to it. It felt to quiet here without you posting updates.
Spunky_Dogg

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

Mwal wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:41 am Sounds good man, looking forward to it. It felt to quiet here without you posting updates.
To be honest, it felt quiet for me too. I've never been the type to just sit around waiting, so I figured I would just go ahead and get started. Also, tonight I got an idea of how I could do videos for this space and it not be a huge time investment for you all or me. I'm going to try it out and see how it will turn out before saying too much more (don't want to get anybody's hopes up just yet, lol).

If it works like how I hope it could, might be pretty cool. Stay tuned. :biggrin2:
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging