Share your creations with us!
Phila

Re: Spunky Dogg Farms

Post by Phila »

utterly fab!
Spunky_Dogg

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

The construction of U.S. Route 83 approaches the outskirts of Raccoon Corners.

EPISODE VI: CITY SLICKERS

Hello all, and welcome back for an Easter weekend update on our ongoing No Man's Land project!

At this point, U.S. Route 83 has neared the outskirts of Raccoon Corners, the industrial hub of the region. What is Raccoon Corners you ask? Behold!

"Located just north of the Fort Donaldson State Recreation Area is Raccoon Corners. Containing an eclectic mix of individual homes and apartment buildings, Raccoon Corners is the business center of No Man's Land. Within its borders are a multi-pump gas station, bakery, sweet shop, spinnery and biogas plant. The city is served by a classic rock radio station (walk on the wild side with WRCN) and a weekly newspaper, The Weekly Critter."

In other construction news, we have been asked by the Fort Donaldson DNR office to reforest a portion of the map known as Bowls Bottom Swamp, so we spent a day doing that as a change of pace.

Bowls Bottom Swamp

The weather looks to be getting better in the week ahead, so we are anticipating making a lot of progress on the new highway. The back side of the route has fewer obstacles and more space to work with, which should help us in our task.

My apologies for the shortness of this update, but with a holiday weekend and all, family time is family time. I hope to have more substantial news in our next update.

Thanks, as always, for reading and see you up the road!
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Spunky_Dogg wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:37 am
The construction of U.S. Route 83 approaches the outskirts of Raccoon Corners.

EPISODE VI: CITY SLICKERS

Hello all, and welcome back for an Easter weekend update on our ongoing No Man's Land project!

At this point, U.S. Route 83 has neared the outskirts of Raccoon Corners, the industrial hub of the region. What is Raccoon Corners you ask? Behold!

"Located just north of the Fort Donaldson State Recreation Area is Raccoon Corners. Containing an eclectic mix of individual homes and apartment buildings, Raccoon Corners is the business center of No Man's Land. Within its borders are a multi-pump gas station, bakery, sweet shop, spinnery and biogas plant. The city is served by a classic rock radio station (walk on the wild side with WRCN) and a weekly newspaper, The Weekly Critter."

In other construction news, we have been asked by the Fort Donaldson DNR office to reforest a portion of the map known as Bowls Bottom Swamp, so we spent a day doing that as a change of pace.

Bowls Bottom Swamp

The weather looks to be getting better in the week ahead, so we are anticipating making a lot of progress on the new highway. The back side of the route has fewer obstacles and more space to work with, which should help us in our task.

My apologies for the shortness of this update, but with a holiday weekend and all, family time is family time. I hope to have more substantial news in our next update.

Thanks, as always, for reading and see you up the road!
Short and sweet, still amazing to see the progress. Thanks for sharing! :biggrin2:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

That’s alright, you don’t want to run your men to hard over the holiday. If you get a chance I would be very curious to see a series of pictures that would show the entirety of the project, it sounds like you did some crazy ****, be cool to see the scope of it.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Mwal wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:59 am That’s alright, you don’t want to run your men to hard over the holiday. If you get a chance I would be very curious to see a series of pictures that would show the entirety of the project, it sounds like you did some crazy ****, be cool to see the scope of it.
Same

And looking great @SpunkyDogg
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Spunky_Dogg

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

Mwal wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:59 am That’s alright, you don’t want to run your men to hard over the holiday. If you get a chance I would be very curious to see a series of pictures that would show the entirety of the project, it sounds like you did some crazy ****, be cool to see the scope of it.
I will certainly do that. It also goes beyond roads, it's traffic signs, it's planting trees and everything else. I'm still wanting to add a second city to the map and I think I've got it worked out to have enough slots available to do that. I'm crossing my fingers.
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I can't imagine having slots as a barrier. I'm surprised because in FS17 (PS4) I had massive operations but never hit the slot count limit. Had 20+ machines scattered across one map, never played realistic, just had fun with it. And I always did cows lol. If I may ask, how many slots are you at right now, and what's the limit?
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
Spunky_Dogg

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

Dairydeere wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:45 pm I can't imagine having slots as a barrier. I'm surprised because in FS17 (PS4) I had massive operations but never hit the slot count limit. Had 20+ machines scattered across one map, never played realistic, just had fun with it. And I always did cows lol. If I may ask, how many slots are you at right now, and what's the limit?
When I get home from work tonight, I will get that for you. FS19 on PS4 is a bit interesting in regard to the slot count in that if you purchase multiple copies of the same vehicle, the slot count from the copies is lower than compared to the original. For example, there's a truck that just got released last week that's 50 slots for the original, but 3 for subsequent purchases of that same truck.

I could see how I could potentially use this to my advantage by sticking with one truck model for my entire farm, but not all trucks can be all things to all people, which makes it difficult. I can tell you the maximum slot count is 1,299, but the game only lets you get to 1,298.
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
Spunky_Dogg

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

Dairydeere - Right now, I'm at 1201 of 1299 after doing some more wheeling and dealing with equipment last night to free up slots. Once construction is finished, that could free up another 19 (I'm guessing), so I'm hoping to have somewhere around 115 slots available once the dust settles. That may be enough for another small city, plus some slots left over (which is what I'm aiming for).
See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
Spunky_Dogg

Post by Spunky_Dogg »

A SAD DAY FOR SPUNKY FANS

Hello Spunky fans and welcome back. I wish I had better news to share, but unfortunately I don't.

Wednesdays are usually my days off and I was playing Farm Sim a little bit today and as I was deleting a mod from my garage (specifically the "Government Subsidy" money mod that I've been using as a substitute for federal funds for infrastructure construction), I got the dreaded blue crash screen.

To be honest, I wasn't too worried about it because the game has crashed on me before. Typically randomly, but more often when selling multiple items out of the garage. So I did what I did during the previous times this happened, which was restart the game and usually, there wouldn't be a problem getting back into my savegame.

Today, however, I got the message that "this savegame is corrupted."

Grrrr....

So, it appears that after about 6 1/2 in-game years and around 537 hours of real-time investment, my journey on No Man's Land appears to be over and leaves me at a crossroads. On one hand, I feel very proud of all I was able to accomplish on NML with the things I was able to build and develop.

But on the other hand, do I want to start over from scratch and rebuilding everything or start anew on a new map? I've had ideas on how I would do things differently if I had to start over, but I'll admit I've also become interested in Lancyboi's "American Life of Farming" map that he's working on.

All that being said, I reach out to those who read this space for your advice and opinions. Start back over on No Man's Land or start a different map?

One thing for sure is that Spunky Dogg Farms will endure. It won't be going away. I've made some good friends here and I enjoy the game. The question to be answered is what happens next?

As a bit of closing, I leave you all with the possibly final screenshot I took of No Man's Land, which is of me plowing a section of U.S. Route 83 to the east of Raccoon Corners.

See you up the road!

- Spunky Dogg Logging
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

This is distressing news, to be sure.

Staring over is a mixed bag. On the one hand, you'll get to make changes you wish you did differently, but on the other it will never be "the same." Now reading your blog, due to slot count limitations, you were growing closer to a point where you couldn't take the story line much further. So I guess the question becomes, how important is it to you to see it through to its conclusion?

Now as a reader (maybe a bit selfish here) I would like to see it to the final product, but that's me. Do you have the time for that? Is your passion still there for it? It's up to you and I know whatever blog comes our way next will be a fun read.

But if you're still on the fence, restart it. :lol:
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I think you should get a pc and build on Yukon, would be crazy to see what you could do there. I gave up because they were updating the map so much I couldn’t make any progress without restarting then once it settled down I got called back to work🤷‍♂️ I would say start a new map, you were close to completion anyway and if you hate it and miss no mans land and go back I would read that too.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I agree with Mwal, if you have enough money to go towards a semi-decent PC, pack up your bags and head north to the Yukon. Lots of open space out there, and it would definitely bring some freedom with the amount of mods and possibility. Or you could find a new adventure to carry on at with another console map. Either way, I applaud you on the great work you did with that map. You brought it to life. And what Bryan and Mwal have both said. You were fighting the slot count at that point, so I think it was clear that your story here didn't have much longer to go. Up the road!

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

For a new map isn’t there Lukah’s Island? Would be interesting to see what you would to on that.
Definitely tragic hearing about the loss of the save though, it was a save that’s had its own life and just felt special to hear about.
R.I.P. SpunkyDogg Farms/Logging/Construction.
2020-2021 :frown: :sadnew: :frown: :frown:
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

DEERE317 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:49 am For a new map isn’t there Lukah’s Island? Would be interesting to see what you would to on that.
Definitely tragic hearing about the loss of the save though, it was a save that’s had its own life and just felt special to hear about.
R.I.P. SpunkyDogg Farms/Logging/Construction.
2020-2021 :frown: :sadnew: :frown: :frown:
Now let's await volume 2 lol

(btw I totally forgot about Lukah's, that's probably the best NML replacement!)

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!